Which Is Your Favorite (E) Train(s)?

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The classic R32's and the R42's. When the latter was there I can catch a R42 to Jamaica Ctr then catch another one downstairs on the (J)

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

The classic R32's and the R42's. When the latter was there I can catch a R42 to Jamaica Ctr then catch another one downstairs on the (J)

Lol me too

The R9s were amazing on QB back in the day especially before incandescent lighting was replaced with fluorescents; the E seemed faster especially through Woodhaven Blvd. The R46s were also very special on the 70(E). The strip maps from Jamaica to Rockaway Park were especially interesting and long.

The classic R32 that was on the (E) out of Jamaica, and got retired and replaced by R32 out of Pitkin. I use to love the GE Propulsion hissing sound before it leaves the station.

Also the times when R46 was on (E), and in Manhattan to see an R44(A), in the same station. That was when I tried to compare between R44 & R46.

Those were the fun days.

I say the R32s are my favorite cars which run on the (E). Before the R160s took over the (E), R32s totally dominated that line. However, if I remember around 2000 there were several R46s on the (E) as well.

The R160s is also cool on the (E) since it goes fast. For me, that is a "new" R32 since it has the same amount of doors and the same seating style. I have adjusted to the R160s on the (E).

1960s R38 later R40, especially R40s with a/c

1970s R44, R46

1980s R46

1990s to 2008 R46

2008 to current R160 but gladly replaced for more efficient train

Most effective R38/R32 for seating, standee pole arrangement in carrying crowds.

Least favorite E: R32

I say the R32s are my favorite cars which run on the (E). Before the R160s took over the (E), R32s totally dominated that line. However, if I remember around 2000 there were several R46s on the (E) as well.

The R160s is also cool on the (E) since it goes fast. For me, that is a "new" R32 since it has the same amount of doors and the same seating style. I have adjusted to the R160s on the (E).

Actually, the R160 is a lot more like an updated R40M/R42, especially in their original interior paint scheme.

What would be interesting to see some R32s and R42s reverted to the original interior paint scheme. The R160 reminds me so much of the original 1960s colors, except for the floor.

Exactly what I thought, from the time of seeing the first R143 mockup. Did look more like a 42, as compared to the designs of the 75 footers inbetween.

It probably wouldn't be worth restoring a 32 to original paint scheme, unless they restored the ceiling, but then that was identical to the R30, except for the higher numbered 32's. All of that stuff would probably have to be custome made.

The 42's, they could get away with it if they would at least put back the indirect lighting and center lighting strip. It would also help a lot to have doors (end and side) with the larger windows.

My favorite (E) trains would be those that get extended past Jamaica Center to Southeast Queens :)

But since that's not going to happen for quite a while, my favorite cars on the (E) are the R32s, R46s and R160s. I wasn't too crazy about seeing the R40M/42 mixes and I'm too young to have ridden R1-9s, R10s, R44s and R40 Slants on the (E).

Exactly what I thought, from the time of seeing the first R143 mockup. Did look more like a 42, as compared to the designs of the 75 footers inbetween.

It probably wouldn't be worth restoring a 32 to original paint scheme, unless they restored the ceiling, but then that was identical to the R30, except for the higher numbered 32's. All of that stuff would probably have to be custome made.

The 42's, they could get away with it if they would at least put back the indirect lighting and center lighting strip. It would also help a lot to have doors (end and side) with the larger windows.

I would love to see a pair of R32s and R42s restored to their original appearance, but I know the (MTA) isn't going to spend money to do that. I still think both fleets had their looks ruined during GOH, something that didn't happen when the R26-36 fleets became the Redbirds.

I do like the look of the 143s and 160s, but I am disappointed that they went with IRT-style longitudinal seating.

Archived