MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

naaa no proof lol...sorry...i was driving (well my dad) on Richmond Ave going to the mall....and it crossed us heading west to i guess Charleston...cause we were going towards yukon...i asked my dad can we follow it...he was like no im not following no bus that you dont know where its going...i was like -_____-.

*shrugs* hmmm, good enough to me. ^_^

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1883 and 1893 are also out of retirement - 1893 is assigned to Ulmer Park and 1883 is at Eastchester (all of these units were once assigned to the former Long Island Bus). Credit Nelson C. and Shane for this on FB.

No way, thats awesome! Thanks for the info. I wonder what route these would be on!

No way, thats awesome! Thanks for the info. I wonder what route these would be on!

Lets not assume this just yet. I don't think they are entirely in service as of yet.

I know 1882 is in the system as a System Reserve unit....but not those two....

Edited by Cait Sith

SMDH Another RTS gone from LGA 9333 is now at the JAM depot. That makes 9. :angry: :angry: Yes Im getting a little pissed off. lol. Question Are there any JAM depot operators or what have you that post here? Maybe they can shed some light on this subject?

Wow... 9333 is a good one. I wonder why JAM is getting LGA's buses, isn't LGA short & supposed to be getting RTSs? Maybe it's just a temporary loan and they will all go back.

Wow... 9333 is a good one. I wonder why JAM is getting LGA's buses, isn't LGA short & supposed to be getting RTSs? Maybe it's just a temporary loan and they will all go back.

smh LGA... they shouldnt have lifts or anything a mechanic would use at LGA.... just let them park the buses and thats it lol... when it breaks down send it somewhere else that can fix it

those mechanics at LGA are getting paid to do nothing.... I wish I had that city job... they have NO idea how sweet they have it lol.. absolute worst but yet the TA seem to wanna keep them on payroll so lol that job is great

What you mean garbage?! lol those 56xx series artics blow those 53xx-5509 series out of the water lol.

Something was up with that 5674 when I rode it, my friend was operating that bus and he couldnt even peel out of the stop like 5704 no matter how hard he tried lol.

When he had 5704 though...we pulled off with no problems at all! THAT one is a beast! It has quite the fast takeoff.

Something was up with that 5674 when I rode it, my friend was operating that bus and he couldnt even peel out of the stop like 5704 no matter how hard he tried lol.

When he had 5704 though...we pulled off with no problems at all! THAT one is a beast! It has quite the fast takeoff.

Well yes I see what your saying those 57xx D60's are something serious! I had 5701 during the recent snow storm, the torque output was insane!! The damn trailer was fishtailing like crazy even though I was really light on the accelerator...I've never seen the traction control kick in so many times lol. The best part was when it was really coming down at about 5-6pm and I pulled into 161st S/B just as I came to a complete stop (no lie) the trailer kicked out to the left like 3-4 feet it was scary but so damn fun at the same time lol.

5573 made its way down from KB as well. Now that bus is far from junk, freshly overhauled and ready to go.

Be wary, a lot of the "overhauled" units have been road called left and right over here. Mostly mechanical defects too like transmission's dying, batteries not holding a charge (most likely due to a faulty alternator) etc... They look all nice and pretty but it's mind boggling as to why they would just work on the aesthetic portion and not make sure they were sound mechanically as well.

Huh, crazy that they'd let a bus leave Zerega with defects like that! I've heard they've been slipping up there recently, didn't know it was that bad. The overhauled RTSes they've been sending down to Quill and the OGs to Mannyville have been running extremely well, from what I've seen at the shops none of the MHV OGs they fixed up have given anybody any trouble, so hopefully it's just a few isolated incidents. Shame though, those D60s get beat to death on the roads, to pass up on fixing the mechanicals when they've got time to fix them is insane.

Well yes I see what your saying those 57xx D60's are something serious! I had 5701 during the recent snow storm, the torque output was insane!! The damn trailer was fishtailing like crazy even though I was really light on the accelerator...I've never seen the traction control kick in so many times lol. The best part was when it was really coming down at about 5-6pm and I pulled into 161st S/B just as I came to a complete stop (no lie) the trailer kicked out to the left like 3-4 feet it was scary but so damn fun at the same time lol.

I must witness this one day LOL

Yeah...you go ahead and witness it, I'll be getting my behind outta there and running for cover! Those trailers are huge, make a nice MHV9218-sized sandwich if one of those kicked out on me!

It happened about 5 times that night and on each occasion it skidded to the left (my left...if that makes sense lol) opposite the curb so feel more sorry for bypassing traffic lol.

I must witness this one day LOL

Well when it snows, you know where to find me lol

naaa no proof lol...sorry...i was driving (well my dad) on Richmond Ave going to the mall....and it crossed us heading west to i guess Charleston...cause we were going towards yukon...i asked my dad can we follow it...he was like no im not following no bus that you dont know where its going...i was like -_____-.

At least your dad hasn't lost his marbles... :lol: