MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a semi-related note a few months back I saw 9182? UP bus attached to a tow truck outside the FB depot, it was towed away a few minutes later. I dunno what happened, but it seems whatever RTS needs some 'work' (included FP) they get sent to FB.

That bus is always into some trouble , I was on it over the summer & the driver hit a bump & the tranny went hay wire & then he pulled out of the station and went towards rockaway to make that right going to bensonhurst & it just shut off in the street & nothing worked . I think its retired now , Last i heard it was at west farms .

I know that , just felt like posting it up

If that's the case, then creating your own overhaul thread would be more suitable because it deters this thread from it's current category which is bus moves/transfers, not bus overhauls. Or of a thread isn't suitable for overhauls, put it in the random bus thoughts topic.

That's like a thread being about cheese, but you start talking about engines. See? No relation.

I dunno if you want to warrant this a transfer or loan but 3898 is now at Mannyville.

Spotted on the M1 yesterday afternoon during rush hour on 23rd street & 5th Ave.

and now 9388 is now at FB. Dunno if this was mentioned also. That has FB decals spotted

on the junction this AM southbound.

Edited by Future ENY OP
Bus spotting on Flat/Nost (AM)

Beat me to it:

3898 ran on the M1.

5243 ran on the M3.

9639 ran on the M2.

Definitely a few loaners out and about.

I got a ugly feeling that the last bus you mentioned MIGHT, and I did say might be heading to FB soon. As you see more artics from MJQ come into 126, some 96xx buses will head to FB to off set their 96RTS fleet.

To me it seems the lower 9600s are coming to FB. It all remains to be seen if the higher numbered ones 966x/7x and up to 9699 gets moved. What has been kind of surprising is how mixed up the 9600s are (FB having the low and high end numbers with some others in b/w). There's just no 'order'.

So far they (FB) have most of the 96xx's intact with exceptions of

9660-9666, 9696-9697, all in queens respectively.. QV and Jamaica.

9610 (QV), 9620-9621, 9623-9632 (QV), 9633-9643 (126). I see the 126 buses getting moved before more QV buses get moved. QV buses are getting overhauled right now. 64xx buses, and they gotta make their service levels or else its borrow from Flatbush, and Fresh Pond.

Edited by Future ENY OP
Correction

3509 and 3621 are now at the FR depot. Both have FR stickers on them. Also, 3637 is now at the JFK depot with JFK stickers on it.

Looks like some of the Spring Creek buses Hyshits are heading out..

Let the conversion of the CNG depot begin officially.

BUS MOVES

9842, 9845, and 9881 have now joined the Gleason fleet.

Buses have WF decals to be changed over to JG.

Dunno if these were mentioned yet. Spotted those buses this week working on JG routes B11, B68, and B35.