MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny thing about that 509. I saw it earlier this evening being followed by a road truck on Church Av near Coney Island Av...followed by that (about 3 cars behind) was 507 in service on the B103

I was on that bus that day...it laid down at Caton Avenue after letting off a wheelchair.

Funny you mention that actually, the MTA actually hasn't used that sticker on repainted bus in a good four-five months. They switched the Xcelsior a few months ago and stuck with it, same with the Safety sticker -- that's the old one too. Leads me to think 5091 has been out of service for a pretty long time, might have had major work done.

Yea its been out for a while , I watched them bring it up to be rehabbed . And i just saw from another site that 5098 is at fb . Dont know if its true yet .

Lets play musical buses shall we!!!! WTH is going on at QV/JAM? I saw 5146 on the Q-1 this morning with JAM stickers on it. Then shortly after that I saw 5032 on the Q-43 also with JAM stickers on it. Is QV borrowing JAM RTSs? or whats the deal?

It makes no sense at all. Those are the 'youngest' hf local buses at Jam and QV fleet age has gone steadily down with the 90 new buses. How much younger does QV need? And what's Jam getting in return NGs?

5116 over hauled came in yesterday it's going on the b6 now .

For how much longer? :o

It makes no sense at all. Those are the 'youngest' hf local buses at Jam and QV fleet age has gone steadily down with the 90 new buses. How much younger does QV need? And what's Jam getting in return NGs?

For how much longer? :o

Its not going to fb but its staying . I spoke with some people & the zfs are coming back to ulmer park they said , its not staying @ fb for ever just for the meantime .

Lets play musical buses shall we!!!! WTH is going on at QV/JAM? I saw 5146 on the Q-1 this morning with JAM stickers on it. Then shortly after that I saw 5032 on the Q-43 also with JAM stickers on it. Is QV borrowing JAM RTSs? or whats the deal?

You have loaner buses at QV and MV so that the older Orion 7 Hybrids can be repainted and decal-ed. This is also why West Farms and Gleason has not fully retired the Orion 5 CNGs so that they can "fastrack" the 8 year upgrades on the OGs.