MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That can happen , but that frame is done but unless they come up with a miracle then anythings possible i guess .
If it's just the front then can't it get a replacement nose from one of the retired buses at ECH? If they can squeeze maybe 2 more years out of that bus, it should be worth it.

I know the MTA can be extreme on scrapping old trains/buses when it comes time to retire them. Ex: the R42 set that crashed into the bumper at Chambers some years back. I can understand the 1st 2 were scrap and maybe the next 2 cars, but I think the last 4 cars would've been salvageable if te R42s weren't going to be retired that year.

UGH!!!! 9305 F/B removed is being stripped for scrap at LGA. 9335 F/B removed bulkhead issues N-O-T scrap.

WHAT ! 9305 is done already , well it was bound to happen so let her soul rest . As for 9335 , that one may become an ending too , i need to ride it one last time before she goes .

5380 has seen better days -- died again today and I'm not sure if the mechanic ever got it moving. Would not be surprised if this one has a premature death as well, even before those LFSAs show up.

RIP 5380 and the rest of the 5000-series D60s (except 5277) that were retired... lol.

It was a mistake to have sent those 9300s to LGA. They would've been better off at JFK and FR and LGA taking the bulk of the hybrids.

I remember the 9300's brand new . I remember my last ride on one when they left ulmer park , my last ride was on 9333 . Then the 5xxx's came in , I hated them because of the way they rode they would jerk ( well its the zf tranny ) but they looked nasty inside & I didnt like the cloth seating but I got used to it . My first ride on a zf was 5111 .

Has 8756 been at LGA for a while now? Just saw it recently, could have sworn that bus was in brooklyn.

I got 3637 on the Q60 today, I know its already posted. makes me wonder why they decided to put it there... loan possibly?