MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not say that just yet, ENY did get a number of 4900s just a while ago. If more of the 89/9000s goes to MTA Bus, it might happen.

But what would FB get then? I mean granted they have extra buses for the A shuttle, but the 9600s have racked up a lot of mileage and I don't see them coming back. I don't want to do much speculation, but maybe ENY could take the 9600s from FB to cover the eventual replacement for the 8900-9000s.

So sure nothing is set in stone, but maybe when those 4900s came, it happened around the same time about the 9600s and the high mileage issue and then they did that 3 way swap. I don't see them changing things on the fly like that, imo.

Leave the xcelsiors at ENY.

They basically destroyed them anyway

How so? Other than that one case where the rear panel may or may not have been forced open and slamming into the pole, what other incidents happened while at ENY? I haven't heard any of those buses losing a bumper like the Xd60s in the Bronx.

You just really want them back over there, don't you? Knowing that the (MTA) made the model certified and might order more eventually....

Exactly, I keep saying that maybe the MTA is leaning more with the xd40s and the whole city may get them. They are never going to get more if they keep them all in one place. (this is different from before when each of the 3 depots had 3 types of buses to deal with.)

Edited by Grand Concourse

I would take 4810-4899 over the new ones that might come

You say that now..... :P

Exactly, I keep saying that maybe the MTA is leaning more with the xd40s and the whole city may get them. They are never going to get more if they keep them all in one place. (this is different from before when each of the 3 depots had 3 types of buses to deal with.)

Yeah, just spread them around so that the garages can be familiar with equipment that may come later..... hopefully. B-)

They need 659, 663, 669, 670-672

He said 'CP' not 'JG'..... But good to know. ^_^

Edited by Metro CSW

I was on the B3 today and saw 5124. Speaking of that bus, did it just had Hanover LED signs just now because I saw on the roster only 5105-5112 had

They just didn't update it on TTMG yet. 5124 has had the Hanover LED sign for about a month now I think.

Calm down man, you can't expect ppl to stand by the computer every minute to change the roster. It'll be updated soon...

if you were talking to me i was only asking if they changed the stengel logo  and if seven eleven knew since he is in charge of the rosters. im not screaming hey change the logo. i was only asking gc.  

yeah, I saw that bus a few weeks ago as well. I dunno if it was the sun or the lights were dim, but I couldn't get a decent shot of the sign.

I agree, I think the lights are dimmed a bit compared to the other ones. I shot it the other day when it was cloudy and it was dimmed. I shot 5110 after it & compared it, 5124 was dimmed a bit it seems.

were they the darkened ones?

and seven eleven if you are reading this  did they make the CS logos darkened offical?

I don't know.

261-265 JG to WF

5252, 5439, 5447 out of storage to JFK

11 Bees at LG

And in all fairness, 669 was reported already: (Link)

To recap on past moves:

644-649, 652-653, 655-658 at CP

659-662, 664-667, 669-670 at JG

6842-6847 EN to CS

Where was it reported? I checked the pages...and last time you posted you answered my question about which buses were needed..and 669-672 was on there...then you never said that it was at gleason

Oh, thought it was reported already. Well 659 & 670 are there. They've got a few more & that's it.