Football 2010! NCAA, HS, NFL General Discussions

mass production

The chances of a comeback for the Bears just got lowered. Cutler is not playing and may not come back due to an injury. If that case, the Packers can now book a flight to the Dallas Texas area for the super bowl.

Despite the Cutler knee injury, the Bears back in the match down 14-7. With less than 8 minutes left.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the way the bears play.... I agree w/ R160, they were the 2nd worst team in the playoffs (not by record, of course)... don't see what's so great about them, outside of Devin Hester....

I'm glad the packers are superbowl bound.... Brett Perve who ? (lol @ dude on here that came up w/ that)

Does anyone still think the giants deserved to get in the playoffs over the packers... lol... espn forums are a trip....

anyway, on the other side of the equation... I'm rooting for the Jets.... b/c I don't care much for roethlisberger, and I don't like way the steelers play, either....

Jets/Packers is the best matchup the NFL can hope for.... excitable on both fronts, and I think it's gonna happen !

I'm for the Jets only so they can get into the SB after 'god knows how many years' they've been out or so close to it. Otherwise to Jets fans dissing the Giants, they don't deserve it. They should worry about their own team.

As for the Giants, yeah even if they didn't melt down in that Eagles game at the Meadowlands, Packers would've owned them again.

I don't like the way the bears play.... I agree w/ R160, they were the 2nd worst team in the playoffs (not by record, of course)... don't see what's so great about them, outside of Devin Hester....

I'm glad the packers are superbowl bound.... Brett Perve who ? (lol @ dude on here that came up w/ that)

Does anyone still think the giants deserved to get in the playoffs over the packers... lol... espn forums are a trip....

anyway, on the other side of the equation... I'm rooting for the Jets.... b/c I don't care much for roethlisberger, and I don't like way the steelers play, either....

Jets/Packers is the best matchup the NFL can hope for.... excitable on both fronts, and I think it's gonna happen !

Agreed Bro. If Rogers plays the 'full' season and not miss 2-3 games midseason due to the head injury, Packers win that NFC North and who knows?

The Bears and Falcons benefited from playing a 'weaker' schedule from having not so seasons last years. I think the Giants or even the Bucs could beat the Bears in a game right now.

I'm for the Jets only so they can get into the SB after 'god knows how many years' they've been out or so close to it. Otherwise to Jets fans dissing the Giants, they don't deserve it. They should worry about their own team.

As for the Giants, yeah even if they didn't melt down in that Eagles game at the Meadowlands, Packers would've owned them again.

While it can be argued if the Seahawks should have made the playoffs from winning the horrible NFC West, the Giants 'control their own destiny' and if they had beaten the Packers during Christmas weekend, they would have gotten that last NFC playoff spot.

NFL History could be made if the Jets win. A Packer-Jet super bowl would I think be the first time ever that the super bowl would be filled with both teams as 'wild card' aka non-dvision winners in the game.

In 2002, in MLB for instance the Angels and Giants met in the world series and to date the only time the MLB championship final has had '2' wild cards in the fall classic.

I hope Gang Green comes back, but if it's meant not to be, it's been a good season. 11 wins and a playoff win over the Colts and the Patriots.

The Steelers would have a chance to improve their Super Bowl record to 7-1, tying them with the Cowboys in appearences (not bad for a team who waited until 1972 for their first playoff taste.).

The Steelers have had only four Head Coaches since 1966 and in recent years have been Pittsburgh's reason to cheer (The Penguins did reach the Stanley Cup Finals in 2007-2008, winning it in 2008).

this was the only thing I was worried about... the jets stopping those power RB's of the steelers....

To me since 1970 (when the modern NFL playoff format began)both the old '3 Rivers Stadium and current Heinz Stadium is kind of like the NFL's version of Yankee Stadium. The Steelers are home since the Terry Bradshaw/Lynn Swann/Joe Greene championship years are rarely beaten at home in the playoffs.

The Pats of Brady have been the only team in last 40 years to beaten them in Pittsburgh on a regular basis in the post season. That why i picked the Steelers to beat the Jets. If this game was at the Meadowlands I would pick Gang Green.

It's now 24-0 and the game about over. Remember the Jets beat the Steelers when they had already locked up a playoff spot and Gang Green fighting to get the last spot in the AFC.

I know Fox-TV Boss/Owner Rupert Mudrock and the NFL are giving 'high 5's.' Other than the Cowboys this is a possible dream match-up of a super bowl with the Packers/Steelers Championship from a rating point of view. And a gurantee of this match up being the most watched Super Bowl of all time.

Great picks kid.:tup:

Any early picks on the NFL Conference Finals? This time I go first.

This is the most wide open I ever remember as any of the teams in the NFL's "Final Four' could win the super bowl.

All of them are good (not great)teams with their own flaws.

AFC

Steelers over the Jets. This game could go either way. I give Pittsburgh the edge because game is at Heinz Field. Although the Jets won in Pitt on the next to last weekend of the regular season, the Steelers had already clicnhed their division and a 1st round bye by then.

The Jets can win this game but must play a similar game with "Big Ben' than the last game vs Brady and the Pats.

If this game was at the Meadowlands, I would pick the Jets.

NFC

Packers over the Bears. Again this could go either way. If Cutler has a good game, Chicago will win it. If not Rogers is fast becoming an elite QB in this post season as folks in Wisconsin are quickly stating "Bret Who?

And yes while I like Eli Manning Rogers other than Brady and Manning is the Best QB in the NFL right now.:eek:"

I think Fox would prefer a Steelers-Packers Super Bowl. Although almost any team playing in the 'big game' including the pee wee grid iron champs always makes the NFL Championship game among the most watched tv shows on the planet every late Jan./Early Feb. Not to mention with so much 'parity' in the league now, no doubt the 2011 Super Bowl (why they still even use #'s for each game is beyond me)will be the most watched (not highest rated which is different)TV show in US History.

Await your picks guys?

Put my name on that list...

What can you do? Steelers played a good game, that creep Ben wins another to go off and have sex with some more college girls...

That final play when it was 4th and 1 and the Jets had LT run it... Wide open on the sides and he goes up the middle. That did it.

I am sure during the media hype leading to the game, Ben legal issues will be a major topic.

I am sure during the media hype leading to the game, Ben legal issues will be a major topic.

that's ALL you're gonna hear about during superbowl media day...

and if the steelers end up winning the superbowl, you're gonna hear about Big Ben overcoming these "great odds" - from missing the first 4 games of the season due to his legal issues, to winning another superbowl....

that's ALL you're gonna hear about during superbowl media day...

and if the steelers end up winning the superbowl, you're gonna hear about Big Ben overcoming these "great odds" - from missing the first 4 games of the season due to his legal issues, to winning another superbowl....

Big Ben deserved his suspension and lucky he only missed 4 games.

As a NFL fan, I can't stand the super bowl(not the game but how it's become a circus and overblown media coverage every Jan./Feb)and how doing the game it become a huge Oscar-type show.

And the Bears not making the super bowl has 1 advantage. President Obama staying at the White House watching the game instead of even more hype than already way too much.

Though we fell short in 2011, I still love my Jets. (Please don't misconstrue that.) 11 wins in 2011, a playoff win against the Colts, and a playoff win against the Patriots. And after 24 unanswered points, we nearly came back against the Steelers. I think we'll be back next season.

In the meantime, congratulations to the Steelers and Packers. If anyone wins Super Bowl XLV, I'd like to see the Steelers do it because that would tie them with the Cowboys in appearances and place them in an exclusive club with seven wins.

If the Steelers do win Super Bowl XLV, sweetness since it will be at "New Cowboys Stadium" in Arlington (hee hee hee).......

Archived