Football 2010! NCAA, HS, NFL General Discussions

mass production

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blueprint on how to beat Peyton: Control the clock.... Keep him off the field.

Exactly what the Jets did in that 2nd half....

As the J-E-T-S move on to the 2nd round, winning it on a last second chip shot... 17-16 the final.

Great, Now we have to hear fat boy's mouth this whole week....

The Jets players themselves, I don't have a problem with...

Blueprint on how to beat Peyton: Control the clock.... Keep him off the field.

Exactly what the Jets did in that 2nd half....

As the J-E-T-S move on to the 2nd round, winning it on a last second chip shot... 17-16 the final.

Great, Now we have to hear fat boy's mouth this whole week....

The Jets players themselves, I don't have a problem with...

And as the #6 seed in the AFC, Gang Green gets a rematch with the Pats next week. While the Ravens/Chiefs winner goes to Pittsburgh to play the Steelers.

Ravens win 30-7. Considering the amount of trash Ray (Double Homicide) Lewis was talking, a loss would've been embarrassing.

I am not fan of Ray Lewis either. However you can't deny he is a 1st ballot future NFL Hall of Famer and one of the top 15 defensive players of all time.

While i make my pick in next couple of days, the Ravens can win in Pittsburgh. Especially with 'all-world' defensive star Troy Polamalu out for the season.

It's over in Philly. Packers beat the Eagles 21-16 as Vick late minute pass was picked off in the endzone. So GreenBay now flies to Atlanta and plays the Falcons.

NFL 2nd round Divisional Match up is set.

NFC

Packers vs Falcons

Seahawks vs Bears

Again how in world does a losing team like the Seahawks gets to play the Bears who can be beat IMO.

AFC

Ravens vs Steelers

Jets vs Pats

I'm sure PETA is having a party:

Predictions

Atlanta over Green Bay-As Philly found out, Green Bay is a tougher team than people think. However, it is highly unlikely that Atlanta will lose at home

Chicago over Seattle-The Seahawks won't get lucky twice. The Saints underestimated them. Plus, Seattle no longer has home-field advantage.

Steelers over Ravens-The Steelers are the one team that consistently pwns the Ravens.

Patriots over Jets-A Hall of Fame quarterback vs a guy with a 75.3 passer rating. Who do I choose?

The A.F.C. is poifect for 2010 :):

• A.F.C. East: The Jets vs. The Patriots

• A.F.C. North The Steelers vs. The Ravens

How do the 7-9 Seahawks get to play the Bears? 1) The seahawks win the N.F.C. West; 2) The Bears get the second seed and earn a bye; 3) The Seahawks unexpectedly beat the Super Bowl-defending Saints; 4) The N.F.L. Second Seed (Bears) play the winner with the lowest percentage.

well, that did it... I'm glad the packers won, but that made me go 0-4 this year in the wildcard... I haven't did that since '99.... heh, glad I stopped betting summer of last year...

What happened in that Eagles game though? I didn't see ANY of it....

Again how in world does a losing team like the Seahawks gets to play the Bears who can be beat IMO.

remember what happened the last time the packers played the seahawks in the playoffs... quote Hasselbeck, after the OT coin toss...

"WE WANT THE BALL... AND WE'RE GONNA SCORE !!!!!"

....only to end up losing b/c he himself threw a pick-6...

that matchup could very well happen, as I think both the bears and the falcons are paper champions... I'm not sold on either one of them.... but anyway, at least we get to see the two young QB's (Rodgers & Ryan) duke it out next week....

and my picks are:

- Ravens vs Steelers (it always comes down to these two.. my over/under for this game is 9.5)

this is my upset pick btw...

- Jets vs Pats (as much as I hate to say this, I don't see any team beating the Pats this year... but still, I'll be rooting for Brady to fail & Belichick to fall on his ass though....)

- Packers vs Falcons

- Seahawks vs Bears (seahawks wont have the "12th man" behind them... I think this'll be the sole difference b/w how they played the Saints, and how they'll end up playing the Bears)

I really don't buy into the home field advantage theory. For example, if I was in a UFC match with Brock Lesnar and everyone was cheering for me, Brock Lesnar would still kick my @ss. The best teams can win anywhere. Three out of the four teams that won this weekend were on the road.

and my picks are:

- Ravens vs Steelers (it always comes down to these two.. my over/under for this game is 9.5)

this is my upset pick btw...

- Jets vs Pats (as much as I hate to say this, I don't see any team beating the Pats this year... but still, I'll be rooting for Brady to fail & Belichick to fall on his ass though....)

- Packers vs Falcons

- Seahawks vs Bears (seahawks wont have the "12th man" behind them... I think this'll be the sole difference b/w how they played the Saints, and how they'll end up playing the Bears)

Bro how do you call picking the Ravens to beat the Steelers an 'upset'?:confused:

Polamalu IMO the best defensive player in the NFL right now is out for the season and a huge loss for Pittsburgh super bowl chances. Not to mention these '2' teams were co-champions of the AFC North (Steelers won the tiebreaker)so it's not a strange pick. I be more shocked if the Seahawks won in Chicago this weekend.

I really don't buy into the home field advantage theory. For example, if I was in a UFC match with Brock Lesnar and everyone was cheering for me, Brock Lesnar would still kick my @ss. The best teams can win anywhere. Three out of the four teams that won this weekend were on the road.

Plus, Seattle no longer has home-field advantage.

Really now....

Bro how do you call picking the Ravens to beat the Steelers an 'upset'?:confused:

Polamalu IMO the best defensive player in the NFL right now is out for the season and a huge loss for Pittsburgh super bowl chances. Not to mention these '2' teams were co-champions of the AFC North (Steelers won the tiebreaker)so it's not a strange pick. I be more shocked if the Seahawks won in Chicago this weekend.

You act as if Polamalu makes the Steelers instant superbowl champions...

anyway, Steelers will still be favored in Heinz field....

You act as if Polamalu makes the Steelers instant superbowl champions...

anyway, Steelers will still be favored in Heinz field....

I am not saying Polamalu is D ick Butkus, "Mean" Joe Greene, LT(Lawerence Taylor for those of you old enough to remember:cool:)or Ray Lewis.

However great defensive teams can take a good club and make win the super bowl. Just look at the 1985 Bears(with Walter Payton at end of his lengendary carrer)1986 and '90 Giants, 2000 Ravens and 2002 Bucs did. They won with only descent quaterback ie. Jim McMhaon, Jeff Hostetler,Mark Rypien Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. Remember them guys?

So on a team like the Steelers, where their defense helped them win '2' super bowls in the last 6 years, losing Polamalu is huge IMO.

They won with only descent quaterback ie. Jim McMhaon, Jeff Hostetler,Mark Rypien Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.

Remember them guys?

every last one of them...

- mcmahon was w/ the bears...

- hostetler was w/ the raiders, then he had a brief stint w/ the giants

- rypien was w/ the redskins (he was their last STABLE QB, sad as that is)

- dilfer was w/ the bucs, and later went to the ravens

- brad johnson was w/ the bucs himself... he was the winning QB in that SB win against the raiders...

only one of these guys I could stomach was mcmahon

I don't get why you're mentioning them, though...

are you putting Roethlisberger in those category/class of QB's?

every last one of them...

- mcmahon was w/ the bears...

- hostetler was w/ the raiders, then he had a brief stint w/ the giants

- rypien was w/ the redskins (he was their last STABLE QB, sad as that is)

- dilfer was w/ the bucs, and later went to the ravens

- brad johnson was w/ the bucs himself... he was the winning QB in that SB win against the raiders...

only one of these guys I could stomach was mcmahon

I don't get why you're mentioning them, though...

are you putting Roethlisberger in those category/class of QB's?

B35 Bro this has little to do with Roethlisberger. I was making point on super bowl winner in last 25 years or so teams like the '85 Bears the 2000 Ravens and more recent the '05 and '08 Steelers, the defense not the Quaterback is the star(s)of the team.

Archived