Fareboxes

LRG

Yes, They are built by the Cubic Revenue Collection Group which is a subsidy of Cubic Corp. As for how they are installed I'm not so sure, I think a power cable gets connected it to it from the buses' battery.

Cool, I noticed that one of the museum buses from yesterday had a farebox installed since it ran in regular service during the holidays so it had me wondering how the farebox was held to the bus itself...bolted perhaps?

That can't be possible! That would make the cost of a bus with a farebox installed almost a million dollars each!

But aren't the buses ordered separately from the fareboxes? Don't the fareboxes get installed when the buses are delivered to New York?

Yes, They are built by the Cubic Revenue Collection Group which is a subsidy of Cubic Corp. As for how they are installed I'm not so sure, I think a power cable gets connected to it from the buses' battery.

How about how MetroCard farebox was installed on Bee-Line Bus and what about old Bee-Line fleet (MTA) Bus using.

I also curious about (MTA) Long Island Bus, too.

I'm still looking for the bus that has the box numbered 0001... the closest I seen was 0008 on a Fresh Pond bus (it was a 95xx)

That would explain the blue metrocard and $1.50 fare I saw on a Orion VII NG.

I've seen a few Flatbush NGs that say "MaBSTOA/Manhattanille" & "MaBSTOA/Amsterdam" written on the fareboxes

Next time you get on a bus look at the fare details that are on the IFU. you will see that there are layers of sticker. I have peeled some that are 8 layers deep.

Now to get a little off track. I have been searching the internet for a manual on the IFU (Intergrated Farebox Unit). I have fiddled with the IFU and have got in to sub-menus which display fare types (half fare,transfers) pressed (dump key, F5) and other options like set transfer type.

Next time you get on a bus look at the fare details that are on the IFU. you will see that there are layers of sticker. I have peeled some that are 8 layers deep.

Now to get a little off track. I have been searching the internet for a manual on the IFU (Intergrated Farebox Unit). I have fiddled with the IFU and have got in to sub-menus which display fare types (half fare,transfers) pressed (dump key, F5) and other options like set transfer type.

I remember dipping my MetroCard into the farebox on the B26 last year...the farebox took off $2.00 and this was two weeks after the fare hike to $2.25.

Are the signs on retiring buses sold as memorabilia? :P

Where will you plug it into? Also, you'll need the Luminator destination setter or else it'll be a pile of junk laying around the house.

Where will you plug it into? Also, you'll need the Luminator destination setter or else it'll be a pile of junk laying around the house.

Sell the destination setter as well, and plug it into an outlet (unless it needs some special kind of voltage/amperage). Then take pictures, computer-edit them onto a bus picture, and bingo!

Archived