Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome work from all involved in the project. :(

As I can see from the pictures, there is a big gap between station and train. Will that gap still exist upon release, or can it be fixed?

To BStyles, Great job on the tracks. You did exceptional work with the realism of the tracks.

Also, I'm not the best at signal laying, but I love the new signals. I looked up information on signals at NYCSubway, but it's too complicated. Can someone help me with the signals? Specifically the signals needed for switches, and when and where the ST and GT signals should be used. Thanks a lot. :tup:

Awesome work from all involved in the project. :)

As I can see from the pictures, there is a big gap between station and train. Will that gap still exist upon release, or can it be fixed?

To BStyles, Great job on the tracks. You did exceptional work with the realism of the tracks.

Also, I'm not the best at signal laying, but I love the new signals. I looked up information on signals at NYCSubway, but it's too complicated. Can someone help me with the signals? Specifically the signals needed for switches, and when and where the ST and GT signals should be used. Thanks a lot. :tup:

The gap is due to my laziness in creating a mock-up scene at four in the morning, :P. The gap depends on how close you place the track to the platform, and since I was building this quickly, I didn't do a very good job of checking myself!

And, check your inbox for a PM--I'll help you with signals! :tup:

The gap is due to my laziness in creating a mock-up scene at four in the morning, :P. The gap depends on how close you place the track to the platform, and since I was building this quickly, I didn't do a very good job of checking myself!

And, check your inbox for a PM--I'll help you with signals! :tup:

Ok, thanks Green Eggs n' Pelham & BStyles for letting me know. And Green Eggs n' Pelham, you've got mail. (I don't use AIM much at all)

Just some screens from playing around tonight--

4T Island Station & Tracks!!

4TIslandStation.jpg

The 9-headed home signal I referenced in a thread on the main forums the other day. This is showing to proceed on the main route, with the next signal being a 2-shot GT that hasn't been cleared yet (hence the "S")

9HeadHomeSignal.jpg

Same 9-head signal, with my custom GT speed sign on the left

HomeGTSign.jpg

And the following three pictures are somewhat tragic...this is why you shouldn't key by signals! Thankfully these trains were empty, heading for the yard. The TO was in a hurry--nobody was seriously injured!

Accident1.jpg

Accident2.jpg

Accident3.jpg

Enjoy!

-A :cool:

Just some screens from playing around tonight--

4T Island Station & Tracks!!

4TIslandStation.jpg

The 9-headed home signal I referenced in a thread on the main forums the other day. This is showing to proceed on the main route, with the next signal being a 2-shot GT that hasn't been cleared yet (hence the "S")

9HeadHomeSignal.jpg

Same 9-head signal, with my custom GT speed sign on the left

HomeGTSign.jpg

And the following three pictures are somewhat tragic...this is why you shouldn't key by signals! Thankfully these trains were empty, heading for the yard. The TO was in a hurry--nobody was seriously injured!

Accident1.jpg

Accident2.jpg

Accident3.jpg

Enjoy!

Speaking of the (3) in the pictures, how far were you able to get with placing the signals on the El for me and starting underground?

No, there are 35 pieces to this set, about 20 end pieces and 15 splines. Making every one of them in a different color would overload the content base(the end result would be 300+pieces to search through) so the station colors will depend on the lines that they come across the most.

No, there are 35 pieces to this set, about 20 end pieces and 15 splines. Making every one of them in a different color would overload the content base(the end result would be 300+pieces to search through) so the station colors will depend on the lines that they come across the most.

It this for Trainz 2006 & up???

Right now they're still being made, but I'm rotating between different projects every few days to avoid burnout. I was working on those stations and signals for two straight weeks, and got a little tired. So, I shifted my attention this last week to my BART asset set, and now I believe I'm ready to shift back to the NYC side of things. Right now, all of the splines are working flawlessly in game. It's just the end pieces for the stations--that's what's holding up the release. I think it would be silly to release the splines but not the end pieces, so they're going to be released together. I do apologize for the delay--but sometimes, life just gets ya, and you have to focus on that and put the modeling aside for a few days. :P

When the objects are working, I will post pictures first, then announce a release date.

Oh, and these are for TRS 2006 and above---I don't use TRS 2006 anymore because it's become a real PITA with the newer content (at least personally), so they would look good in TS 09, 10 or 12. But, because I know there are still some die-hard 06 fans out there, I made it compatible for 06.

...the title says it all. Pretty much BStyles and I have a joke that the content gods do not want me to release anything of stunning visual value to the Trainz community. :eek: This is why my signals took so long to be released--they took only a week or so to build, but between texture problems, reverse faces oriented the wrong way, measurement oversights, attachment point issues, textures being the wrong size, GMax crapping out, and good ol' CMP being a douche, a quick project turned into a two-month one.

Anywho, the content gods decided to unleash their wrath on me with the 1T Bypass Station. All attachment points were fine--but then, all of the above problems occurred again--until the culprit was found. The objects and splines were 0.08m off in width. That's right---a measly 13.00m for the end pieces compared to 13.08m for the spline. So, after figuring that out after two dozen tries...I finally present to you, in game, the 1T Bypass Station!

Platform View

1TBypassPlatform.jpg

Bypass Track View

1TBypassFinished.jpg

This is good news! The bad news is now I have to sift through 30+ more objects/splines to avoid the all-nighter that has occurred here. So, I will try try try to have these released by Friday. Don't hold your breath...unless you want to pray to the content gods and make sacrifices on Auran's altar so that this project actually goes off without a hitch.....which I'm sure it won't. :P