R160's on the R

ConductorB

Why is it that according to Wikipedia, R160's don't run on the (R)? It says that they only run on the (E)(F)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(Z) lines. I ask this because I've been seeing R160 (R) trains somewhat regularly. Not as regular as the R46's, but i still see them. I actually just rode on one today. Also, does anyone know if there have been any recent sightings of an R46 (F) or R32 (A)? :confused:

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Why is it that according to Wikipedia, R160's don't run on the (R)? It says that they only run on the (E)(F)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(Z) lines. I ask this because I've been seeing R160 (R) trains somewhat regularly. Not as regular as the R46's, but i still see them. I actually just rode on one today. Also, does anyone know if there have been any recent sightings of an R46 (F) or R32 (A)? :confused:

R32: (C)

R46: (A)(G)(H)(R)

R160: 100% on the (E)(F), mixed on the(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q) and mostly as put-ins on the (R)

You're always gonna find at least one ®160 on any day of the week

the only reason the wikipedia article doesn't say the R160's are on the (R) is because those stupid edit nazis want a source, and apparently the fact that they're on the (R) every week isnt enough for them.... i'm gonna try editing it again, but i can almost garuntee it'll be off in a day....

According to the Car Assignment sheet (available here), the (R) has not been assigned R160s. That's probably why they keep reverting your edits FanRailer.

yep, i just recieved confirmation. as a response, i sent an email to Joe letting him know of the situation. It should be fixed as soon as the next B division assignment sheet comes out, which should be soon since the R44's are no longer in service.....

From my wiki talk page:

R160:

Although many of us agree with you, with the the few at least 2-4 sets on the R daily, we cannot put it on the page unless the sources have been updated. If you can notify the writers of the page and update it, then we can keep it on the page. Also, The Legendary Ranger doesn't like non regular assignments, even when the second source says that the R68s are on the N.

You can go to Wikipedia. But you can not use Wikipedia as a reference to the post, its wrong when no one over there update the articles like it use to.

yeah, and i wouldn't say there are mistakes on every page. if you're doubtful, check the citations at the bottom. i've been there long enough to know how to spot stuff like this.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

R160: 100% on the (E)(F), mixed on the(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q) and mostly as put-ins on the (R)

M is 100% R160

M is 100% R160

Yeah I know I meant to edit it right after I posted it but I fell asleep lol

and what about (A) on R32s?

None no more (that I know of), its all R46

Q is fully R160s after June 27 2010

the only reason the wikipedia article doesn't say the R160's are on the (R) is because those stupid edit nazis want a source, and apparently the fact that they're on the (R) every week isnt enough for them.... i'm gonna try editing it again, but i can almost garuntee it'll be off in a day....

There's a reason they do that. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, not a transit forum. Everything that goes on there should have a published source. Also, the information should be historical or technical in nature, and accurate. Something that changes as constantly as car moves is both stupid and pointless to put on Wikipedia, and to this day I still don't get why foamers bother updating it. People who read wikipedia (or any site for that matter) chiefly use it to learn about a particular car type NOT to learn where to find it.

If all the foamers out there really can't keep it in their pants and just have to put car assignments, it would be better if they added the phase "As of [date]" to the beginning of their sentence so as not to confuse people.

But foamers don't get this and this is why wikipedia will remain wrong when it comes to subway cars.

To transit fans: Please stop using Wikipedia as a source for car assignments, since it's inaccurate.

Correct. I don't bother with Wikipedia much but it's amazing the amount of bullshit that is posted there that is outright wrong, incomplete info, or very important details that are missed. Sometimes if I find something really wrong I can't help myself but to fix it, but most often it's not worth the time or the trouble.

And that's coming from the guy that overhauled the AB Standard Page, wrote half of the R-17 page, and fixed the Transit Museum page. Where some of the stupid things come from that go on there are anybody's guess. ESPECIALLY car moves, that doesn't belong on an encyclopedia. After all the Alexander the Great page doesn't contain the historical composition of every one of his phalanxes, right?

Q is fully R160s after June 27 2010

There has been some R68 and/or R68A on the (Q) after that date as put ins...seen a few myself over the summertime and got some pics of it

Here's my new list...

R32: 100% (C)

R46: 100% (A)(G) and mixed on the (R)

R160: 100% on the (E)(F)(M), mixed on the (J)(L)(N)(Q)(R)(Z)

According to the Car Assignment sheet (available here), the (R) has not been assigned R160s. That's probably why they keep reverting your edits FanRailer.

That's exactly why they keep doing it, but they fail to realize that car assignments are just assignments. It does not dictate exactly what is on what line. If the car assignments say that you will find 170 Siemens R160Bs on the (N) and the rest on the (Q), that doesn't mean 17 out of the 26 (N) trains will be Siemens R160s (even if it is, who cares?). I ride the Queens Blvd. line 5-6 days a week and at least twice a week I see an R160 (R). I have yet to see an R46 (F) though, that assignment seems to be kept more strictly.

Archived