R160s on (M) line starting on monday

trainfan22

Yep like three during rush hours. Ive heard that some MK R42s were put into storage at concouse yard...
Theres way more then 3 out there kid. More like 7-8. I was out there this morning and this evening. Look for my post in the next few mins.

The (Z) is keeping R 160's as well as the (L). We have lots of New R160's that will now be in service instead of sitting in ENY and CIYD.

When will they start running on the (J)? I heard that the MTA was fighting with the company that makes the CCTV monitors. have they came to an agreement so they can finally run on the (J)?

we are the original, we are the pioneer, if it weren't for us in 1904 then most likely they would not have built their own subways as well

besides PATH sucks they don't even let you do your damn crossword puzzle on it and definitely no photos

Wrong. R68 Subway Car told you how you was wrong on your first point.

But on your second, about PATH, is wrong. Ya, it sucks you can't take photos, but the ride and RFW views make up for it. Why don't take a ride on PATH one of these days before the PA 1-4s go. And also, I do crossword puzzles and Sudokus on PATH..........

Mind you, commuters are given free newspapers from Metro and AMNY right in front of the station.

Theres something blocking the spot now. So that photo opt will never happen....
It can still happen if you do it right and if you catch the trains in the right spot. I'll see if I can try the shot next time I'm at QBP to see if possible for sure.

When will they start running on the (J)? I heard that the MTA was fighting with the company that makes the CCTV monitors. have they came to an agreement so they can finally run on the (J)?

IINM, they're aiming for 6/30. So start getting your last rides in there too...

Soon the (J)(M) and (Z) trains will become a place busyed with tourists wanting to ride a new tech train.

Uh no tourists dont come to the city that never sleeps to ride R160s. They come to see the empire state building statue of liberty museum of natural history times square and the transit museum to see vintage subway cars. Like i said before you dont see tourists taking pics of NTT. But when the old trains come out from the TM you see tourists taking pics of the old trains.

And besides you think tourists really want to look at bed stuy and ENY. No they dont they probaly would be scared. Also no offence to people who live in ENY and bed stuy i think they are nice niahorhoods esp the sideblocks with the brownstones......

I've never seen or heard of tourist come to NY for the subway. If anything, the subway is their worst nightmare.
Well, what about me? :( I might be the only one but I'm definitely out there :)

I did all the "touristy" stuff like ESB, Statue of Liberty and Times Square on my first trip to NYC back in 2003... in 2007, I came back for the subway only... and this year, I'll be back for the subway, too! The bustling city life and the city as a whole (architecture) is definitely unique and a beautiful background for my subway tours but it's not what I'm coming for... I want my R-40 slants and my rotten Chambers St (J)(M)(Z) station! :)

Also, I like to see the different neighborhoods outside Manhattan - I've been to ENY (trainfan you mentioned it :D) and I've walked through areas that most tourists would not usually go to (Broadway in Brooklyn etc.).

On my next trip to NYC, besides from railfanning the subway, I will check out some of the NYCHA public housing projects throughout the Bronx (Morrisania), Queens (LeFrak City) and Brooklyn (abandoned Prospect Plaza housing).

I never liked going somewhere and only see the touristy stuff, I want to get the whole picture. Especially on city trips I'd rather check out the local transit system and residential neighborhoods than wasting my time waiting in line for some overpriced tourist "attraction". :)

Wa oh. I better get out there then. Forgot they add one set of R160s every week on the (M).

Should've railfanned more during my vacation a while back......

Oh god more foamers hitting up my line.....

Just playing.

Today i railfanned the (M) and those R160s well they SUCK!!!!! They are boring as hell to ride and the HAVC noise is way to loud. You can barely hear the automated aconncements because of the loud HAVC units. And that climate control is garbage it made my head hurt i was feeling dizzy. From what ive seen today it seems like (M) line crews are not that impressed with the R160s. Same goes for the daily riders on that line. The R42s are much better IMO have good A/C have good heat none of that climate control bull and are fun to ride!!!

And on a side note the (Z) line was a 100% R42 today. i guess that they took those R160s off the (Z) and put them on the (M) line. And some of those R160s are already vandalized!!! With scrachings on the widows!!!

Today i railfanned the (M) and those R160s well they SUCK!!!!! They are boring as hell to ride and the HAVC noise is way to loud. You can barely hear the automated aconncements because of the loud HAVC units. And that climate control is garbage it made my head hurt i was feeling dizzy. From what ive seen today it seems like (M) line crews are not that impressed with the R160s. Same goes for the daily riders on that line. The R42s are much better IMO have good A/C have good heat none of that climate control bull and are fun to ride!!!

And on a side note the (Z) line was a 100% R42 today. i guess that they took those R160s off the (Z) and put them on the (M) line. And some of those R160s are already vandalized!!! With scrachings on the widows!!!

lol What did I tell you guys? I deal with those Pieces of junk every day on the Larry and now the Mikey. Its pleasure to my ears when that stupid Japanese designed HVAC goes off but then I have to suffer with the horrible motor sounds.

Archived