Finally, a Passing Grade for the (F) Train, All Thanks To (M)/(V) Combo

Sea Beach

I don't think FTrainMan would be as big of a problem if everyone learned to keep their proverbial mouths shut and stay on topic, even if he can't.

While it is true that the TOs probably know better than to send a 46 down the cut, what happens if there is an emergency where an (F) can't go past Bway/Lafayette let alone into 2nd Ave and the only option was to terminate (or at least reverse) at Essex (J)(M)? At least with only the 160s on the (F) it remains an option, or at the very least a last resort.

While it is true that the TOs probably know better than to send a 46 down the cut, what happens if there is an emergency where an (F) can't go past Bway/Lafayette let alone into 2nd Ave and the only option was to terminate (or at least reverse) at Essex (J)(M)? At least with only the 160s on the (F) it remains an option, or at the very least a last resort.

If that happened, what ever is at B'way stays there and (F) and (M) trains would go south over the (A) and (C) line with (M) trains being able to turn at Bergen LL, Church Av, 18th Av, or Kings Highway. If there happened to be a train stuck between B'way and West 4th, it would be brought up right behind the train sitting in the station.

Yeah I miss em' a bit too , but R160s are just as awesome! Sure you can't see that nice big orange (F) as the train pulls in but you can still see it inside the train on the F.I.N.D screen.

Besides , I'm just glad the (F)'s finally getting a good grade! But in my book it was always a A+:P R46 or not , the (F) train rules!

1.) You don't miss R46s on the (F) or a bit, you like the R160s more than R46

2.) R160s Suck

3.) You ate orange so you can think about the (F) more than any other routes like the (7)?

4.) The R160 FIND screen is horrible. Most of the time it gives wrong routes and it doesn't respond

5.) (F) is not what the members like because your text about the (F) is CLEARLY making the (F) worse.

6.) Your book is all about the (F) and nothing about the other routes like the (N) and (Q).

7.) Hate the (F), changed my mind while you made the (F) worse.

8.) Shut up already!

Right now it's his (F)ail (T)rain, but soon if he doesn't shut up about the R160's it's going to be his (F)uneral (T)rain off the forums. Besides the (F) is a (F)uneral (T)rain because it passes several graveyards and cemeteries along it's route. I am sure that one of those tombstones have FtrainFan's name on it. It would say "He's an annoying foamer so we kicked him out of the forums. Now you are looking at his grave".

I don't even think the (F) even improved because of the (M) Line; to me it stayed the same. The only thing that improved the (F) was the (G) extension to Church Avenue.

On another note, the (J)/(Z) gets more ridership than the (M) so how much you wanna bet that (J)/(Z) customers who want Sixth Avenue will still transfer to the (F) if that's the first train they hear when they're standing by the stairs?

I think the (F) has also improved because of the added options and new points the (M) leads riders to without having to make a dreaded transfer (only during the weekdays). I also agree that the (G) going to Church Av took the loads off riders that were going to 4th Av for the (R) as well as the Park Slope stops like 7th Av and 15th Street.

Thanks to the lessened loads that the (F) train takes, it's able to reach points just a tad bit faster without too many door recyclings in some places.

I don't even think the (F) even improved because of the (M) Line; to me it stayed the same. The only thing that improved the (F) was the (G) extension to Church Avenue.

The (F) has improved imo, being a daily rider of the line. Before/After every (M) train comes two (F) trains. I believe that was the selling point. Waiting for the (F) before was worse than waiting for an (F) now, as they pretty much come pretty fast nowadays.

About the (C): Even if it took the wrong lineup, 10 R32s would still be able to clear the curves on Nassau. Just tell everyone to go to the 5th car and have them leave, then turn back.

And why bother arguing? It ain't gonna change a thing, so just leave the subject alone because the 160s will probably stay unless the (MTA) decides otherwise

I was talking about the R44's when they were on the (C).100 cars can clear that curve!

I think the (M) sees more riders and lessens crowding on the (F) because it actually goes somewhere. The (V) shadowed the (F) and ened in Manhattan, the (M) goes through Manhattan into Brooklyn and Queens were alot more riders are coming and going from. When a (V) train would pull in on 6th Av at almost any station, a few people would get on while most waited for the (F). With the (M), a lot of people get on and off the train at every stop and the loss of service to 2nd Av does not seems to make any difference in the least. In fact, I think more Lower East Side residents are taking the (M) and and getting off at Essex St.

Not being mean, but if the (M) is viable and the (M) is helping customers why doesn't the (M) run on the weekends now too. If there is demand then give it to them. Also you are correct that is why I made mention that it gives customers a one seat ride to Midtown and Sixth Avenue. For the people that live along the (M) or the (J), (M), and (Z)'s route they don't have to transfer to the (F) anymore. All they have to do is just board a (M), and it gets the job done.

Not being mean, but if the (M) is viable and the (M) is helping customers why doesn't the (M) run on the weekends now too.

Because the whole idea of the combining the (Mx) and (V) was to save money, why would they spend money to have it run weekends? Come on, think a little.

I think the (M) sees more riders and lessens crowding on the (F) because it actually goes somewhere. The (V) shadowed the (F) and ened in Manhattan, the (M) goes through Manhattan into Brooklyn and Queens were alot more riders are coming and going from. When a (V) train would pull in on 6th Av at almost any station, a few people would get on while most waited for the (F). With the (M), a lot of people get on and off the train at every stop and the loss of service to 2nd Av does not seems to make any difference in the least. In fact, I think more Lower East Side residents are taking the (M) and and getting off at Essex St.

Thats exactly the way I've been seeing it. Usually I take whatever that comes first since my home stop is at Delancey/Essex. Though on the (F), a majority of riders do get off at 2nd Avenue. Between Lex-63rd and 2nd Avenue, there would be pretty full trains going to Brooklyn, until 2nd Avenue, where it empties out to the point where there are a few seats and lots of standing room available.

With the TPH that the Sixth Avenue Local now has (before it was 25 TPH with the (F)'s 15 TPH and the (V) 10 TPH; now it's probably 22 with the (F) still 15 TPH but the (M) is now 7-8 TPH cuz of the eight-minute frequencies) then I guess I can see that the (F) is not so much intruded due to the decrease in its counterpart's frequency. The pattern would usually be (F)/(F)/(V)/(F)/(V) and it repeats itself until the schedule starts to thin out; now it's (F)/(F)/(M).

1.) You don't miss R46s on the (F) or a bit, you like the R160s more than R46

2.) R160s Suck

3.) You ate orange so you can think about the (F) more than any other routes like the (7)?

4.) The R160 FIND screen is horrible. Most of the time it gives wrong routes and it doesn't respond

5.) (F) is not what the members like because your text about the (F) is CLEARLY making the (F) worse.

6.) Your book is all about the (F) and nothing about the other routes like the (N) and (Q).

7.) Hate the (F), changed my mind while you made the (F) worse.

8.) Shut up already!

Ok first of...

*How are you telling me that I don't miss R46s on the (F)?:eek:You don't know how I feel or think in any way!

Second...

*R46s and R160s are equals in my book. And I don't care which one I get as as I get from point A to B!

And third...

Make sure you know me well enough before you start backlashing! Remember you can't judge a guy by the posts he makes! You have to get to know me a little better first buddy boy!

Grow up, kid. You love anything that is NTT-related, so don't even say you "miss the R46" when in fact you actually don't. Most members here know you well enough based on your ignorant posts, and you know very well what I mean by that. Get a life and for once, think about something else that isn't NTT and you won't receive the backlash.

<deleted nonsense rambling>

Oh for the love of all things good every time you post nonsense you're gonna get blazed for it. Do you THINK before you say something out your rear end? Or are you suffering from withdrawal every time you stop popping ritalin pills? For once, THINK before you post or don't post at all!

Ends rant.

Ok first of...

*How are you telling me that I don't miss R46s on the (F)?:eek:You don't know how I feel or think in any way!

Second...

*R46s and R160s are equals in my book. And I don't care which one I get as as I get from point A to B!

And third...

Make sure you know me well enough before you start backlashing! Remember you can't judge a guy by the posts he makes! You have to get to know me a little better first buddy boy!

First off, you said:

Yeah I miss em' a bit too , but R160s are just as awesome!

That means you like R160s more than the awesome R46s.

Second, is your book about (F) and R160s?

Third, I know you a lot and what I don't need to see, is a stupid foaming post.

I dunno. I think you've given me a good idea of how creepy and ridiculous you are with several of the posts you make here. If I had an 11-year old daughter at your school I'd keep her far away from you.

Archived