Has anyone ridden all the NYC Bus Routes?

lilbluefoxie

I think it would be better to ask what I haven't been on. There's like 200 or so routes in the city (including LIB)
Truth.

I never went to any bus route outside of the Bronx, but there are a few Bronx bus routes I never took yet.

Bx6, Bx7, Bx10, Bx12 Lcl, Bx13, Bx16, Bx18, Bx20, Bx29, Bx32, Bx33, Bx34, Bx38, and Bx39.

Long story short: No

I've also never ridden an express bus. I admit, I'm rather turned off by the higher price. The x-bus that stops closest to me is the BM2 at Triangle Junction, and to catch it [in Manhattan] I'd have to go really out of my way. But I'll ride one some day.

You should try it. It's worth the price. The thrill of doing 50 on a highway while sitting on cushioned seats beats riding a slow local buses with cursing high school students.

You should try it. It's worth the price. The thrill of doing 50 on a highway while sitting on cushioned seats beats riding a slow local buses with cursing high school students.

Do you only ride the express bus exclusively? There are days when I do that. I usually only use the bus or subway in the city when I have to and anywhere else it's the express bus.

before the june cuts, I've been on every route at least once... the current routes at that time being, that is....

it's one of the main reasons I started venturing out to LIB/SCT territory... then Bee-Line territory.. then (parts of) CT, then rockland county... now I'm checkin out NJ's bus system.... next year, I plan on doing more of CT; namely bridgeport, new haven, and maybe even hartford.... been thinkin about SEPTA too...

but back to the original point....

of course, that's not counting the old/historical routes that pre-existed in the early 80's and before....

You just gave me an idea. But sadly I have a child to tend to now. I've been meaning to check out Suffolk Transit for a minute now but most of their routes end early

You just gave me an idea. But sadly I have a child to tend to now. I've been meaning to check out Suffolk Transit for a minute now but most of their routes end early

DO NOT DO SUFFOLK county WITHOUT TIMETABLES!!!!

A couple of years ago, I asked them to send me them and they did without charge. No idea now if they will again. I asked LIBus and they refused to mail them to me.

A couple of years ago, I asked them to send me them and they did without charge. No idea now if they will again. I asked LIBus and they refused to mail them to me.

I'm way ahead of you. I have the majority of the schedules printed out

As much as I favor SCT over LIB, that's a reason why I don't venture out there much anymore....

and as for timetables, eh... most of their routes run on an hourly schedule... the more busier ones run every 30 or every 45 mins...

all you have to keep in mind for the routes that run every hour, is on what minute of the hour they run at...

i.e.: on the :00's, on the :30's, etc.

As far as I can remember, I've ridden the following:

Bronx:

BxM3, BxM11

Queens:

Q53, Q65

Brooklyn:

B1, B36, B49, B68

Manhattan:

M1, M5 (before it was eliminated/restructured), M6 (before it was eliminated/restructured), M7, M31

Staten Island:

S40/S90, S44/S94, S46/S96, S48/S98, S51, S52, S53/S93, S54, S56, S57, S59/S89, S61/S91, S62/S92, S74, S76, S78, S79, X1, X10, X11, X17

Long Island Bus timetables you can get many at LIRR stations.

Hicksville, Great Neck, Rockville Centre, Lynbrook, and Freeport have LIB timetables. If you go to the LIB headquarters in Garden City, you can get timetables from there as well as the Long Island Bus map.

I actually saw a few LIB timetables on a rack in Penn Station today.

As far as I can remember, I've ridden the following:

Bronx:

BxM3, BxM11

Queens:

Q53, Q65

Brooklyn:

B1, B36, B49, B68

Manhattan:

M1, M5 (before it was eliminated/restructured), M6 (before it was eliminated/restructured), M7, M31

Staten Island:

S40/S90, S44/S94, S46/S96, S48/S98, S51, S52, S53/S93, S54, S56, S57, S59/S89, S61/S91, S62/S92, S74, S76, S78, S79, X1, X10, X11, X17

I'm sure very soon you'll be taking the express bus regularly to the city like I do. The funny thing about Staten Island is that I could probably take every express bus that exists on the island, and find a point that would be convenient for me to where I live that's maybe 15 minutes driving.

Bronx: Bx12 +Select Bus Service, Bx13, Bx28

Brooklyn: B4, B6, B7, B8, B9, B12, B14, B15, B16, B17, B20, B23 (RIP), B25, B26, B35, B38, B41, B43, B44, B45, B46, B47, B48, B49, B51, B54, B60, B61 (to Long Island City and to Red Hook), B62, B63, B65, B67, B68, B69, B82, B83

Manhattan: M5, M6 (RIP), M15 +Select Bus Service

Queens: Q3, Q5, Q20A/B, Q25, Q34, Q36, Q43, Q44, Q60, Q113, QBx1

Staten Island: S44, S46, S53, S54, S55, S56, S59, S61, S62, S74, S78, S79, S91 Limited, S92 Limited, S93 Limited, X1, X10, X17C

Archived