R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

NYCT have people called engineers who, if needed, can figure out how, design, and built a second track, with proper money allocated.

And as far as NTTs on Fulton, according to East New York's post, who is very credible in my book, stated the preliminary plan is to have 179s on the A and C. Until it's proven otherwise, everyone else's assumption is mute unless your higer up or have an even more credible source. Just because one fleet got moved to 207 four years ago to die doesn't mean that it's where all cars go nor does it nullify that line to get NTTs. Where were the R40M's when they were retired? The32s, 38s and 44s were already assigned to 207 when theybwent bye bye. That was coincidence.

How was that coincidence?......... 207th is home to the cars that are at the end of their careers. And I am pretty sure MTA NYCS train conductor Snowblock said so, according to here at [http://www.nyctransi..._40#entry569612]

And IRT fleets have nothing to do with the scheduling of retiring B-division cars.

*sign* Read my last post on the previous page again, I NEVER said that! I said how would making the (1) being based out of 207th solve anything? Shouldn't 207th focus on retiring old subway cars? The (1) has 240th yard and the 137th lay up tracks......

Edited by RollOverMyHead

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R211 replacing 46s are still not written in stone. 179s were to replace the 44s and he sir 44s. 44s got scrapped early, replaced by 46s. SIR isn't going to get 179s. It's one thing to pay attention. It's another to follow the mob and already bring up 211s.

As far as a credible source within the MTA, once again, the plan to now is to have them for Fulton and jamaica lines.

Now how are you going to go around mentioning a contract, that hasn't even been written up, cause the engineers haven't wrote up the specs yet, because others, who most don't even work for the mta or probably aren't even out of high school yet, say so, against the info of someone who we have all know to be THE person who always takes the time to pass us credible info?

Sure 207 is where trains go to die. They get scrapped there. Shipped off on barges from there. But name me one fleet other than the 40 slants that were purposely moved there to die?

And comments like snowblock's "go to die" remark I've heard before. From long time friends who are employees wih the MTA. It's called an inside joke.

Yeah yeah whatever, I won't mention R211s because "it's not written on paper yet damn!" yada yadah.... <_<<_<<_<

Trains get scrapped at 207th, shipped off on barges from there like you have said Mr. Far Rock Depot sir...... R38s that used to run on the (A)(C), R40s that were from the (B), R42s that were from the (J)(M)(Z), and R32s that used to run on the (E)(F).....

I just find it funny of ENY also stated that R179s are slated for use on the (T) when that said route won't even exit during Phase I of SAS as the (Q) will carry passengers there first.... <_<<_<

Psssh...I'm moving on. I'm out of THIS thread...and isloting myself from you other users..... <_<<_<<_<

Edited by RollOverMyHead

The R40s and R44s were never assigned to 207 in recent history. The R38 is the only fleet assigned there to be retired recently. R32s were retired out of Jamaica, with a few retired from Coney Island, Pitkin, and 207. The R40Ss were retired from Pitkin and Coney Island. The R40Ms were retired from Pitkin and Jamaica (perhaps a few were pulled when assigned to Coney Island, but I do not recall such occurring), and the R42s were directly retired from damn near everywhere, with the exception of concourse. The R44s were entirely based out of Pitkin.

207th street shop which provides the A/C with 222 R32s has absolutely NOTHING to do with the retirement of subway cars. IINM it isn't even the actual location cars were stripped prior to reefing. I believe all that was done by the overhaul shop, but I could be mistaken as I have not been there in many years.

207th street shop which provides the A/C with 222 R32s has absolutely NOTHING to do with the retirement of subway cars. IINM it isn't even the actual location cars were stripped prior to reefing. I believe all that was done by the overhaul shop, but I could be mistaken as I have not been there in many years.

The cars were stripped in the overhaul shop prior to reefing.

I could see the yard switch being TEMPORARY while 240th gets work done. Having said that, the logical thing to do would be to give the (C) NTT's, so that there will still be room for the (1).

From what i hear,it won't be temporary.207th St yard would still be used as storage for the (A)/© line subway cars.

There's only one trackway that leads to 207th yard from the IRT B'way/7 Av Line, so no. The 207th yard is the (C)'s home while Pitkin's home are the (A) & RPS (S)...

Just because there is one trackway from the (1) going to 207th St yard doesn't mean a thing,that yard is big enough to maintain the (1) lines subway cars alone.

You people sound like somebody died up in here. The R179s still aren't here, and 207th is still a subway yard. There.

Didn't you know: car assignments is serious business.

Alright already guys, I'm sorry okay?...... Whatever............

I'm just forgetting this and just moving on with my life and only caring for what's more important in my life since all these trains and buses are the (MTA)'s so now I don't care what they do. As we all have a life and a family as well as our own things, aaaaand on top of that if you adults don't like kids like me then why do you or I care?

I may be a troll, foamer, etc but that doesn't stop me from being who I am, a human and nothing more. This is a public forum and it's indeed true that everyone does have different views but at the same time we do learn from our mistakes. So weather I'm "imature" and "foam" as some here are saying (not just only here in this thread) and whatever kind of generation you have, I for one don't judge based on age and environment. I simply get to know them first, socially. When I grow up, I'll be an adult too but also reflect back on how I was treated when I was young.

This is just opinion. Moving on with the topic......... <_<

R211s are to replace the R46s right?......Pay attention to what others are saying and face facts. Even with the thread has nothing to do with it, we are just mentioning the R211 and R46. After all, subway cars can't last forever right?

Did the (MTA) confirmed that these cars will go on the (C)?.....

Yes, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority did in fact confirm in a press release that the trains are going to the (C). So what you need to do, is go back throught this thread and find it.

Yeah yeah whatever, I won't mention R211s because "it's not written on paper yet damn!" yada yadah.... <_<<_<<_<

Trains get scrapped at 207th, shipped off on barges from there like you have said Mr. Far Rock Depot sir...... R38s that used to run on the (A)(C), R40s that were from the (B), R42s that were from the (J)(M)(Z), and R32s that used to run on the (E)(F).....

I just find it funny of ENY also stated that R179s are slated for use on the (T) when that said route won't even exit during Phase I of SAS as the (Q) will carry passengers there first.... <_<<_<

Psssh...I'm moving on. I'm out of THIS thread...and isloting myself from you other users..... <_<<_<<_<

#2, the only thing you should find funny, is that fact that you don't read. MTA also stated in a press release (after I posted it) that the last of the R179's will go to the (T). But here is the part where common sense comes in....... If the (T) goes online in 2016, what cars would you THINK they would be using?

I will make part of your task easy. Go to the first post in this thread. I edited in this press release just for people like you! Enjoy!

And last, but not least, the (Q) has a full fleet of R160's........ Totally irrelivant.

Especially when no one here makes the final decision.

That's technically not true....... They just choose not to post, but they log in, and/or view these posts regularly.

Like I said above in this page, the trains, subway and railroads, and buses (in this city/state) aren't mind, they're the (MTA)'s. I have my own things and a family that I live with in my life and that's all that matters. Whatever plans and whatnot the (MTA) does is their decision and play role, not me.

I'm just moving on.... <_<

Like I said above in this page, the trains, subway and railroads, and buses (in this city/state) aren't mind, they're the (MTA)'s. I have my own things and a family that I live with in my life and that's all that matters. Whatever plans and whatnot the (MTA) does is their decision and play role, not me.

I'm just moving on.... <_<

You're still missing the point..... But anyway, no futher comment needed.... Back to the topic at hand.....

#2, the only thing you should find funny, is that fact that you don't read. MTA also stated in a press release (after I posted it) that the last of the R179's will go to the (T). But here is the part where common sense comes in....... If the (T) goes online in 2016, what cars would you THINK they would be using?

This just seems really strange, since we have no idea if the (T) will even exist...And if and when it does, we'll probably be really old (or dead). Are you sure that they didn't mean the SAS (Q) extension instead?

The only reason why the (MTA) wants the (C) to use R179s and for East New York Yard to continue maintaining a third car type is because the (C) is the only line assigned R32s (depending on the season of course.....) and that the R143 fleet is a low order with only 212 cars (regardless, the (L) ridership still increased hugely and needed more trains besides the R143s and its 64 R160s) which had resulted in some R160s being sent for the (L) from the (J)(Z). Hence the R42s still running on the (J)(Z) to free up 48 R160s for the (L)...................

I wonder when are they going to install the (C) strip maps since they have a habit of putting the R143s on the (C)............................. <_<<_<<_<<_<<_<<_<