R62's On The 2 Again?

R32 3352

I witnessed something really amazing a few weeks back and i keep forgetting to post about it. I went into the city on 1.02.11 and at around 3 o'clock, an R62 train all signed up for the (2) train. Now, i am an ex-new yorker, I always remember the (2) as an all R142/A consist. But i really hope somebody was railfanning because it was really awesome! Does this mean they're coming back to the (2)??? Discuss...

Well...If could had been a yard move from Coney Island R-62A signed up as a (2).But if it was a 10car consist in service with the front/rear and possibly side sign with (2)'s then it's not impossible but quite rare.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This right here is a freshly SMS'ed 5 car set of an R-62A at CIY.

66296_167953743218363_100000112167108_591542_7768983_n.jpg

66421_167953759885028_100000112167108_591543_1347010_n.jpg

That was back in October tho.

I witnessed something really amazing a few weeks back and i keep forgetting to post about it. I went into the city on 1.02.11 and at around 3 o'clock, an R62 train all signed up for the (2) train. Now, i am an ex-new yorker, I always remember the (2) as an all R142/A consist. But i really hope somebody was railfanning because it was really awesome! Does this mean they're coming back to the (2)??? Discuss...

Where exactly did you see this train?

OMG an old crappy train where a new clean train should be!!! FOAM FOAM FOAM FOAM FOAM

But in all seriousness I really hope that it was just a one time thing or a (3) that switched to a (2). That would be terrible if the (2) got those things again.

I would love to see a R62A on the (2)

the R142's are being annoying now, at least a R62, R62A or R142A in the line B)

What's the difference between an R142 and an R142A? I've been wondering about that for a while and I've looked at pictures of both but can't see any clear difference.

I spotted an R62A on the (3). It was from the (1), I was on the (1) at 14 Street (They were terminating there again today) and spotted the R62A on the uptown platform. I guess it was a put in, I tried recording it but You couldnt see the signs B)

I dont find it all that rare.

Though I did see an R142 (2) come in to Chambers Street with all the signs to Not In service (I got a video).

Yes they were. The train was in service and loaded

It might have been a (3) with an incorrect rollsign. If by any chance it was a (2), then wow!!!, it's rare. I've noticed R62's out of service signed up as (3) sometimes rolling down White Plains Rd on the (2)<5> line in the Bronx so this really has me curious, I have the feeling something is going on.

What's the difference between an R142 and an R142A? I've been wondering about that for a while and I've looked at pictures of both but can't see any clear difference.

If you look that the fronts of each train you will see that the R142A's front is in one peace, while the R142's front is in two peaces.

The easiest to tell them apart is the propulsion sounds. R142=Alstom Onix Propulsion, while the R142A=Bombardier Propulsion.

Im not a fan of wiki, so ill give you nycsubway R142/A

Around the new year, there was alot of freaky shit rolling around. R142 (3) and (1) trains. R32s on the (A). Even a R46 popped up on the (F).

no I saw/seen on YT:

R142 (3) trains

R32 (A) train

R68A <Q> train

R46 (F) train

thats what Ive heard from posts/videos/seen. I saw the R32 (A)!

When will you stop?

Until hes ether dead or banned..

For the 62/As on the (2) doubt its on my line. HOWEVER sometimes a (3) thats suppose to go to 239th St for clean would end up being a signed up (2) and then cut at 238th. Seen it before.

soon time next week ther R62 (2)

i need de poof pwz

Archived