R62's On The 2 Again?

R32 3352

If you look that the fronts of each train you will see that the R142A's front is in one peace, while the R142's front is in two peaces.

The easiest to tell them apart is the propulsion sounds. R142=Alstom Onix Propulsion, while the R142A=Bombardier Propulsion.

Im not a fan of wiki, so ill give you nycsubway R142/A

The differentn trucks used is a dead give away.

Those signed up as (3) trains coming down WPR Line, are coming from 239Yd, either from the wash, or the wheel truing machine. Differences between the R142 and R142A. Traction Motors/Propulsion, trucks, air ride suspension (Bomb R142 hisses, R142A is quiet), and they are different types of air bags. Three handles on operators storm door on R142A, while there are just 2 on the R142. R142A TOD screen automatically adjusts brightness and darkness, while R142 has to be manually done. MDC box is different, and there are some other things, like the cab side windows lock differently, etc...........

Those signed up as (3) trains coming down WPR Line, are coming from 239Yd, either from the wash, or the wheel truing machine. Differences between the R142 and R142A. Traction Motors/Propulsion, trucks, air ride suspension (Bomb R142 hisses, R142A is quiet), and they are different types of air bags. Three handles on operators storm door on R142A, while there are just 2 on the R142. R142A TOD screen automatically adjusts brightness and darkness, while R142 has to be manually done. MDC box is different, and there are some other things, like the cab side windows lock differently, etc...........

I like that hissing sound. You can hear it good on the Dyre Ave Line.

It might have been a (3) with an incorrect rollsign. If by any chance it was a (2), then wow!!!, it's rare. I've noticed R62's out of service signed up as (3) sometimes rolling down White Plains Rd on the (2)<5> line in the Bronx so this really has me curious, I have the feeling something is going on.

Time to quiet the foamers...

Misadjusted rollsign... the rest of the train signed up as a (1) with corresponding terminals for the (1)...

As far as the quote above, (3)'s wash at 239 yard and have been doing so forever, there is no car wash at Lenox.

The LED is a difference also the R-142's have the dot/squares as the R-142A's have more of like a mosaic design.And the route bullets R142s are bolder and the R142A's are more lighter.

The door open and close is a difference the R-142A has a clack and R-142 has more of a click.

OMG an old crappy train where a new clean train should be!!! FOAM FOAM FOAM FOAM FOAM

But in all seriousness I really hope that it was just a one time thing or a (3) that switched to a (2). That would be terrible if the (2) got those things again.

Why the hell do you care what's on the (2)? It's not like youre brave enough to ride it. You know, with all of the non "real New Yorkers" on it.

Whats the R211 gonna be like?

Ask that question in a few years, when the contract is up for bid.

It's times like this that I wish that there was a underground 137th St Yard type south of Brooklyn College cause its really boring to see the White Plains/Dyre Line all use the same cars.... no variety what so ever. R142s on the (2) and the R62s on the (5) or vice versa if the Nostrand Branch has a small yard at the end.

Archived