Graffiti is dead? Think again!

Graffiti will NEVER die no matter what people do. Just because the 1970s and 1980s are over doesn't mean graffiti is finished. Heck I see graffiti in my neighborhood every time I jog around it early in the morning and the only significant thing that happens there is the occasional fire truck that appears around here time after time responding to a medical emergency. The graffiti in my neck of the woods comes from kids that are like 8-12 years old and I doubt they are in any gangs. What's funny is that there is a police officer that lives in the neighborhood who's house is right behind mine and he drives by every time, but I don't know if he knows about the graffiti though.

Graffiti in general never died of course, just the type of graffiti of the 70s and 80s...Btw gang graffiti is like chicken scratch compared to real graffiti :eek:

Graffiti will never die as long as sharpies and markers exist.

But graffiti will never be as big and powerful as it was back in the 70s - 90s. I doubt any one of you has ever seen a piece as big as the ones in those videos frequently. (MTA) is doing a great job washing its trains. Scratchitti, which was a big thing early last decade, is almost gone since those mylar sheets are replaced very frequently. Back in 03, every (D) train had scratchitti, now most of the windows are clean.

yup. I've never seen graffiti at this level on a train in person.

Anyone knows how often trains get hit like this?

I see Graffiti ALL the time. Its called Scratchitti lol

But of course Ive seen a small sector of the train inside with spray graffiti.

If there's a will, there's a way...

imo the 160s would look better with graffiti on them instead of what they're doing now to them; they look even more hideous with the different shades of gray now and its just soo unsightly..keep the damn graffiti its a free paint job for the trains dammit lol

Guest lance25
You can easily bomb a train when it is layed up in the tunnels for rush hour.Not saying that uh...I do that.:P

Sure... You're looking mighty suspicious there. :P

Why in that second video is this woman giving advice to these law breakers who obviously hve no respect or regard for the law?

I am not saying that some of the graffiti isn't artistic but these creative minds must have another way to put their talents on display.

Until the MTA figures out a way to put these talents to positive use, they are law breakers and ought to be punihsed.

While I get that everyone is innocent until proven otherwise, I don't quite agree with this woman seemingly siding with these criminals.

2Express2LED.gif

Archived