The Removal of The Shuttle Connection!

Juelz4309

SO I WAS RIDING UPTOWN THIS MORNING ON THE (1) TRAIN AND THEY HAVE PHYSICALLY REMOVED THE SWITCH CONNECTING THE NORTHBOUND (S) SHUTTLE TRACK TO THE LOCAL TRACK...I WAS KINDA DISSAPOINTED BECUASE I LIKE THAT SOUND OF GRINDING METAL AS IT MOVES OVER....BUT THIS WAS EXPECTED ACCORDING TO THE "TRACKS OF THE NYC SUBWAY 2011" THAT I PURCHASED LAST MONTH (WELL WORTH IT!!!) THERE ARE PLANS IN THE WORKS TO "MODERNIZE" THE SHUTTLE WHICH INCLUDES THE SEVERANCE OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED CONNECTION, THE TOTAL ABANDONMENT OF TRACK 4, AND TO REBUILD THE PLATFORMS ON BOTH ENDS...ONLY THE CONNECTION TO THE SOUTHBOUND (6) TRAIN WILL BE THE ONLY LINK TO THE REST OF THE SYSTEM...SO I GUESS THEY ARE MOVING FORWARD WITH THIS PROJECT....WHAT DO YOU THINK???:cool:......PS SORRY FOR ALL CAPS LOL

SO I WAS RIDING UPTOWN THIS MORNING ON THE (1) TRAIN AND THEY HAVE PHYSICALLY REMOVED THE SWITCH CONNECTING THE NORTHBOUND (S) SHUTTLE TRACK TO THE LOCAL TRACK...I WAS KINDA DISSAPOINTED BECUASE I LIKE THAT SOUND OF GRINDING METAL AS IT MOVES OVER....BUT THIS WAS EXPECTED ACCORDING TO THE "TRACKS OF THE NYC SUBWAY 2011" THAT I PURCHASED LAST MONTH (WELL WORTH IT!!!) THERE ARE PLANS IN THE WORKS TO "MODERNIZE" THE SHUTTLE WHICH INCLUDES THE SEVERANCE OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED CONNECTION, THE TOTAL ABANDONMENT OF TRACK 4, AND TO REBUILD THE PLATFORMS ON BOTH ENDS...ONLY THE CONNECTION TO THE SOUTHBOUND (6) TRAIN WILL BE THE ONLY LINK TO THE REST OF THE SYSTEM...SO I GUESS THEY ARE MOVING FORWARD WITH THIS PROJECT....WHAT DO YOU THINK???:cool:......PS SORRY FOR ALL CAPS LOL

Um...I think they are replacing the switch there....

For the M.T.A. to abandon Track 4 of the 42d Street Shuttle (S), they would also have to abandon and close the platform at Times Square that faces this track.

That would leave the Shuttle with:

Two tracks (Track 1 and Track 3)

Half of Times Square (The platform facing Track 1 and the platform between Track 1 and Track 3)

A weird looking platform at Grand Central (since there would be no Track 4)

Only the connection to Lexington Avenue southbound

Why would they do this?

According to M.T.A. Press Releases, (1) and (2) trains have been skipping 50th, 59th and 66th Streets Uptown-bound weekends due to switch renewal north of Times Square. Switch renewal doesn't sound like switch removal. :confused:

For the M.T.A. to abandon Track 4 of the 42d Street Shuttle (S), they would also have to abandon and close the platform at Times Square that faces this track.

That would leave the Shuttle with:

Two tracks (Track 1 and Track 3)

Half of Times Square (The platform facing Track 1 and the platform between Track 1 and Track 3)

A weird looking platform at Grand Central (since there would be no Track 4)

Only the connection to Lexington Avenue southbound

Why would they do this?

According to M.T.A. Press Releases, (1) and (2) trains have been skipping 50th, 59th and 66th Streets Uptown-bound weekends due to switch renewal north of Times Square. Switch renewal doesn't sound like switch removal. :confused:

the MTA is ridiculously vague when it comes to informing the public. you get better info from reading the transit forums about service changes than listening to them.

and as for the changes, does this mean NTT's on the shuttle?

okay, forget about the caps... even though I thought you werent supposed to do that :-[

so they are going to Remove the switch for Track 4 and abandon it... About time!!! Its annoying when I ride track 4 and im in the last car at the last door... I feel like theres no platform there and Im about to fall into the tracks.

anyway, so this wont be used anymore? :P

Wait... That means its going to be overcrowded rush hours :P

Do not post in caps! I have said this a million times over. Please read the rules!

Archived