What exactly is a foamer ?

alberchico

Well, Im a part foamer... & railfanner...

I don't apply to (1) and (4). (2), yes if I saw an R46 on the (F) or an R160 (C) Id scram to catch it. for (3), I kind of don't apply, but I would wake up at 3 Am the first morning when the (Q) is extended to 96 Street.

My life is not centered on trains. I do have a "life".

and (4)... No. Would never do that.

as you can see, Im part foamer on some things but mellow on others. B)

And btw at first I said I disliked R160's because they were replacing something I liked. I was told no one liked the redbirds when they came because they were replacing the Lo-V's. Ive gotten used to the R160's.

B)

If you even abide to #2. you're a moron.

Well, Im a part foamer... & railfanner...

I don't apply to (1) and (4). (2), yes if I saw an R46 on the (F) or an R160 (C) Id scram to catch it. for (3), I kind of don't apply, but I would wake up at 3 Am the first morning when the (Q) is extended to 96 Street.

My life is not centered on trains. I do have a "life".

and (4)... No. Would never do that.

as you can see, Im part foamer on some things but mellow on others. B)

And btw at first I said I disliked R160's because they were replacing something I liked. I was told no one liked the redbirds when they came because they were replacing the Lo-V's. Ive gotten used to the R160's.

B)

I would like to know what 13 yr old is going to be up @ 3am for the extension of the (Q) to East Side-96th Street....I would love to see how would you explain this to your parents!

I would like to know what 13 yr old is going to be up @ 3am for the extension of the (Q) to East Side-96th Street....I would love to see how would you explain this to your parents!

he'd be a bit older tho, but still who the hell will skip sleep over train.. Foamers...

whether someone is a "foamer" or not, why should we waste our time giving a shit what they do with their life/time?? are we bored? are we bullies? are we immature? come on yall. i cant believe this thread lasted this long. Example, if you encounter prostitutes are you goin to sit else where and pin point what you hate about them? my final point is, no matter what we say about what we label, its NOT going to change, so we are just goin to have to Ignore Nonsense. its easy, we do it all the time. B)

Foamer

1) A guy who has no interests besides mass transit. I'm a railfan, but I also like playing softball and listening to my ipod

2) A guy who will push people and run down 34 Street like a maniac just to get a pic of a Vintage Bus running on the M34

3) A guy who will wake up at 3 AM just so they can ride the first run of a new Select Bus Route

4) A guy who makes fantasy maps of subway systems in fictional cities

#4 was a direct shot @ Ftrainfan wasn't it... lol... leave that kid alone....

#2 I literally laughed @ this b/c I've actually encountered some kid doing... except it wasn't a vintage bus, and it wasn't along 34th st....

(looked to me like) the kid was trying to get a picture of that double-decker express bus they had tried out on the x17j... he was running, bullguarding & knockin ppl. out the way to get his shot over there by bryant park... eventually he bumped into some guy that cursed him out & shoved him flat on his a**....

Fictional example:A, B, C, and D may or may not be valid justifications for their cause, or may actually be valid reasons but heavily outweighed by reasons to not consider their idea. Nevertheless, A, B, C, and D or a subset of those are repeated in the same thread and across multiple other threads many times in hopes someone will give validity to their idea. Sometimes they will concoct new B.S. (reason E, reason F, reason G…) to freshen up their rejected stale ideas. Of course, fresh B.S. can only smell like total B.S.

Sounds like a certain fantasy map foamer around here...

See, I like the subway and LIRR and see it as more than just a way to get to point B, and certain car types, but I don't bust my ass hardbody when I see an old SMEE car or an M3.

A foamer would bust their ass hardbody when they think they see a car from a distance, have a seizure when it does roll by, and then run up to the platform and cry as it leaves.

Foamers are also the people that go to each and every antique subway car event and have their cameras set to take photos every 3 seconds...

Foamers are the ones that push people out of the RFW, a rarity now that those godawful NTTs abound today, all for themselves.

Foamers are the ones that cry when something happens to a subway line and they fear for their lives and cry thinking it'll happen to their own sacred line.

whether someone is a "foamer" or not, why should we waste our time giving a shit what they do with their life/time?? are we bored? are we bullies? are we immature? come on yall. i cant believe this thread lasted this long. Example, if you encounter prostitutes are you goin to sit else where and pin point what you hate about them? my final point is, no matter what we say about what we label, its NOT going to change, so we are just goin to have to Ignore Nonsense. its easy, we do it all the time. B)

If it were so easy, nonsense wouldn't cause an explosion of comments (example: when a certain train fanatic posts about a fictional town).

Sounds like a certain fantasy map foamer around here...

I wouldn't know who that is, but I heard he/she condemns foaming yet behaves otherwise at the same time. B)

#4 was a direct shot @ Ftrainfan wasn't it... lol... leave that kid alone....

#2 I literally laughed @ this b/c I've actually encountered some kid doing... except it wasn't a vintage bus, and it wasn't along 34th st....

(looked to me like) the kid was trying to get a picture of that double-decker express bus they had tried out on the x17j... he was running, bullguarding & knockin ppl. out the way to get his shot over there by bryant park... eventually he bumped into some guy that cursed him out & shoved him flat on his a**....

LMAO! Getting that 'perfect' shot is serious business B)

whether someone is a "foamer" or not, why should we waste our time giving a shit what they do with their life/time?? are we bored? are we bullies? are we immature? come on yall. i cant believe this thread lasted this long. Example, if you encounter prostitutes are you goin to sit else where and pin point what you hate about them? my final point is, no matter what we say about what we label, its NOT going to change, so we are just goin to have to Ignore Nonsense. its easy, we do it all the time. :(

you do realize that last little statement you made, people are applying to this post of yours....

you do realize with that mediator type of response, you prolonged the thread by 1 post....

snide remarks, aside... and technically speaking though, the OP aren't asking what foamers do.... he's asking what are they (as in, he doesn't know the terminology)... not necessarily the same thing, chief....

Would waiting over an hour for the last R40 slant (A) train make a person a foamer? I'd hope not... :)

Probably not, but if I have something else to do at that time, then I can't wait forever for it to show even if it is the last train.

Foamers on subchat were critical of me for skipping out on it when I had classes at around that hour. Me to them: at least I have a life. :(

Probably not, but if I have something else to do at that time, then I can't wait forever for it to show even if it is the last train.

Foamers on subchat were critical of me for skipping out on it when I had classes at around that hour. Me to them: at least I have a life. :(

Agreed...school and work are important than transitfanning, so I don't blame you one bit for skipping out at all.

Technically it is foaming, but it's justified foaming. (If that makes any sense lol)

LOL I guess :tup:

The person(s) who got up at 4AM to ride the 1st (M) to Forest Hills.

The person(s) I saw running to get a picture of a R62A (1) @ 125th Street. The Simple fact that R62As run on the (1) everyday. SMH

The person(s) who make a big deal about a new automated announcement.

The person(s) going nuts over a R46 (F), and had plenty of time to ride em before hand.

Some idiot @ Toms River when I was working the 319 stood in the middle of the road to get a shot of the D4500CL.

Some Idiot I saw push a 5 or 6 year old kid from the rfw on the (7) and caused the kids mom to curse him out because her son started crying! This (7) was going Manhattan Bound.

Riding a R160 on the (N) end to end to end to end to end on the 1st day it made service on the (N).

Changing signs to the (A) on a R68 just to get that funny feeling.

Know a few people who fall under this category...then again boarding the first train is not always bad as there are people who do have to get up to go to work early...me I get up at 5 and leave my house at 6 to get to school...been doing that since high school.

The person(s) I saw running to get a picture of a R62A (1) @ 125th Street. The Simple fact that R62As run on the (1) everyday. SMH

Must have been a train borrowed from the (7)...then again it could have been an R62 borrowed from the (3).

LOL!

The person(s) going nuts over a R46 (F), and had plenty of time to ride em before hand.

LOL again!

Some idiot @ Toms River when I was working the 319 stood in the middle of the road to get a shot of the D4500CL.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Some Idiot I saw push a 5 or 6 year old kid from the rfw on the (7) and caused the kids mom to curse him out because her son started crying! This (7) was going Manhattan Bound.

That's just upsetting and cold :tdown:

Riding a R160 on the (N) end to end to end to end to end on the 1st day it made service on the (N).

Don't know anyone who's done this, but I'm not surprised one bit.

And it all comes tumbling down!!!

* LMAO @ the fool at Toms River.... stood in the middle of the goddamn road....

I hate when people see my car, and decide to jaywalk as I'm comin down the street... That's when I intentionally accelerate; so they get the message.... but to actually stand stationary on the blacktop... wow....

Talk about suicide by stupidity !

* I'd say, any non-MTA personnel changing a rollsign period, would fall into the category of foamer....

* I've had my fair share of people wanting the RFW, as I'm standing on a train w/ my back to it... luckily for them, none of the instances was on some belligerent, immature, or hostile ish.... That's not to say they weren't foaming, but at least the decency was made (when they came up to me) to ask that they shoot/film through the RFW.....

If looks can kill....

He lucky I was jaking before I seen him, cause he would have been buzzard meat.

And I remember the 1st fantrip I went on and the shyt I seen was just....idk what to say. It was the 1st and last fantrip I will ever attend. I mean just seeing all these guys glued to the RFW....

I'm so lucky the times I'm near the window, it's on a near empty train or most ppl are just sitting down and not caring. So, I have the window to myself. But if there's some person behind me, I'm vacating that spot. I don't want some foamer over my shoulder.

Most other times I'm just sitting down cuz I've been walking around a lot already.

And damn @ that guy who pushed the kid out of the way. If only someone had a video phone... Put that man to shame forever...

lmao @ the comment about R46 (F) foamers...

People who are going ape s**t and wait over an hour just to get a picture of the M8 (not even get on the train, just stand there for 1 picture). Its like everytime I look on my newsfeed on fb, someone always has an M8 picture to show. Its not like they're never gonna see service or something, they'll all be delivered soon

Not really I mean since that was the last run of probably the most unique train ever seen who wouldn't have done that?

Me...it was payday at work lol

Archived