What exactly is a foamer ?

alberchico

Hey! I got a camera in August of last year, so I couldn't record them! :)

If you read what I posted about that, then you would have seen that I said "had plenty of time to ride em before hand".

My point is, there was plenty of time to ride them on the (F). Plus they still run on the (R), so pretend the (R) is a (F).

If you read what I posted about that, then you would have seen that I said "had plenty of time to ride em before hand".

yes, I have rode them before but Never caught them on video :)

My point is, there was plenty of time to ride them on the (F). Plus they still run on the (R), so pretend the (R) is a (F).

I didn't know the (F) was a slow local... :confused::P

People who are going ape s**t and wait over an hour just to get a picture of the M8 (not even get on the train, just stand there for 1 picture). Its like everytime I look on my newsfeed on fb, someone always has an M8 picture to show. Its not like they're never gonna see service or something, they'll all be delivered soon

Me...it was payday at work lol

yea, and most of these people will probably hate the m8s once the M2s start getting scarce

Hey! I got a camera in August of last year, so I couldn't record them! :(

All you did in this post was identify yourself as a foamer :)

Would waiting over an hour for the last R40 slant (A) train make a person a foamer? I'd hope not... :o

Read below.

People who are going ape s**t and wait over an hour just to get a picture....

Since this was said, there are no exceptions. If there were exceptions, why would it be more foamy to wait for an M8 vs. waiting for an R40 Slant.

And I don't want to hear the old/retiring/retired BS excuse either :P

(You people and your double standards :P)

whether someone is a "foamer" or not, why should we waste our time giving a shit what they do with their life/time??

Exactly. Let them do what they want to do. It's not your life, don't worry about it.

The person(s) who got up at 4AM to ride the 1st (M) to Forest Hills.

The person(s) I saw running to get a picture of a R62A (1) @ 125th Street. The Simple fact that R62As run on the (1) everyday. SMH

The person(s) who make a big deal about a new automated announcement.

The person(s) going nuts over a R46 (F), and had plenty of time to ride em before hand.

Some idiot @ Toms River when I was working the 319 stood in the middle of the road to get a shot of the D4500CL.

Some Idiot I saw push a 5 or 6 year old kid from the rfw on the (7) and caused the kids mom to curse him out because her son started crying! This (7) was going Manhattan Bound.

Riding a R160 on the (N) end to end to end to end to end on the 1st day it made service on the (N).

Changing signs to the (A) on a R68 just to get that funny feeling.

LMFAO!!! Who pushes a kid away from the RFW? when Im in the front and I see a kid who looks like they want to look out the RFW i just move aside and let he or she look out.Hell that kid could one day be the next greatest thing to ever happen to transit,just by looking out of the RFW.:tup:

LMFAO!!! Who pushes a kid away from the RFW? when Im in the front and I see a kid who looks like they want to look out the RFW i just move aside and let he or she look out.Hell that kid could one day be the next greatest thing to ever happen to transit,just by looking out of the RFW.:tup:

The first fan trip I ever went on, back in 2002 when they took some redbirds over the B Div, I don't know how many times I was pushed away from the window are yelled at. I was only 11 or 12 at the time and that kept me away from fan trips until 2009. Now I yell at people for from pushing kids out of the way. On the holiday train I tell buffs to move back so little kids can see out the front. Some of the stuff I have seen people do on trips is just disturbing. Your an adult (18+) start acting like it.

The first fan trip I ever went on, back in 2002 when they took some redbirds over the B Div, I don't know how many times I was pushed away from the window are yelled at. I was only 11 or 12 at the time and that kept me away from fan trips until 2009. Now I yell at people for from pushing kids out of the way. On the holiday train I tell buffs to move back so little kids can see out the front. Some of the stuff I have seen people do on trips is just disturbing. Your an adult (18+) start acting like it.

Exactly, IND, as you said the kids come first.

As for the other posts in this thread, if someone wants to chase trains around with a camera in regular service that's his right. As long as he is courteous and respectful to other people in the subway as well as train crews he can do what he wants.

The real a**holes are the ones who:

-change rollsigns to improper readings

-push ANYONE out of the way to "get a shot" "take a video" or "get to the RFW"

-demand things out of the hobby but don't put their money where their mouth is or at least offer support to preservation of the trains in general (ie "they should restore the ____ so I can not pay money to go on that trip and chase it instead)...I have no problem with people who aren't interested in preservation but are happy with "what they get" no matter what it is

-steal things

-illegally enter areas and do dangerous things like steal trains or play "employee"

-waste the time of every reasonable person on here by forcing them to navigate a minefield of fantasy map threads full of nothing but BS

THOSE are the foamers

June 2003's IRT trip to Flatbush Av on the (2), I was leaning on the railing and got yelled at for blocking some people's shot of the TOMC. I mean jeez sorry for being in the way. All they had to do was ask me to move out of the way. Those people have no manners and their behavior sickens me.

Also some recent threads some ppl are just out of hand about 'extend this/that' 'what cars should go to what line'... nothing but foaming.

I got chewed out by Riga on a low V MOD because i rested my foot on the bottom of the pole i was leaning on.

I have to agree with him on that one. There is no reason to put your dirty feet up on the train.

I see that All the Time and It makes me sick, Back when They rant the TOMC I was glad the R33's were in the middle, whoever did that was a smart person, When I go on Fan Trip I enjoy the ride and the train, I don't Chase the damn thing because it makes no sense and Im not going to sweat my ass off for 3 hours just to get a photo.

But when I was on the holiday train I stayed in the middle or if I see a kid I let them look, I like it when Small kids say I like these trains It puts a smile on my face, but the foamers don't see the point.

As for the other posts in this thread, if someone wants to chase trains around with a camera in regular service that's his right. As long as he is courteous and respectful to other people in the subway as well as train crews he can do what he wants.

-demand things out of the hobby but don't put their money where their mouth is or at least offer support to preservation of the trains in general (ie "they should restore the ____ so I can not pay money to go on that trip and chase it instead)...I have no problem with people who aren't interested in preservation but are happy with "what they get" no matter what it is

-steal things

-illegally enter areas and do dangerous things like steal trains or play "employee"

-waste the time of every reasonable person on here by forcing them to navigate a minefield of fantasy map threads full of nothing but BS

THOSE are the foamers

If Im Free this summer I would gladly help restore the museum equipment just PM me for the details,

But I agree with you on that chasing part, If I can't make a fan trip, Im not chasing at all to many foamers will get in my shots

-steal things

THOSE are the foamers

And I thought I was the only one that truly hated those things.

Archived