Womans fight on the Subway over eating

mark1447

Maybe he doesn't spell the curse word out in the forums?

I give a "shyt". I'm having a hard time taking your opinion serious if you don't even know how to spell simple, monosyllabic (know what that means?) words.

Given the fact that you took the time and trouble to respond to me, you do. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion. Just as I'm entitled to mine. It's a free country after all.

He must of added a "y" to censor the official word, just like i use "9" for sh9t

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Two Cents:

The big fat white bitch should of NEVER opened her damn mouth and the dumbass whose eatting should not even be eatting in the first place. Let me break it down like this:

Big ugly white lady: If someone is eatting on the train SHUT THE F*** UP and go where you need to go let the transit police take care of it. And she obviously racist and should be fined for starting this shit up.

Stupid eatting hoodrat: DON'T EAT ON THE TRAIN. Dismiss the fat cunt comment and let it be. Also this hoodrat should pay a fine but the assault charges should be dropped against since big mouth across from her started it.

I eat on the train a few times because I was rushed, and everytime I'm eatting on the train, it seem like people like that big ugly lady have something to say. People, it wrong we know but sometime it hard to do anything in big city like this when your late and hungry.

you people are pathetic for getting your nuts in a knot cause someone had the nerve to tell this skank to stop eating like a slob on the train. Maybe its cause you people act retarded on the train all the time and do stupid shit like this.

No one wants to see or smell your ghetto ass food on the train. People have the right to complain when youre eating like an animal with your mouth open chewing away, stankin up the place and not having any common consideration for others around you. Who the hell would want to eat on a crowded train anyway with people all up in your face looking at your food like they are hungry..

get over it douche bags. you are the type of spineless people who wont stand up and defend someone whos being picked at, youll just keep your tail between your legs and not get involved.

hmm, how did I miss this....

- first of all.... ROFL @ homeboy at the 3:15 mark !

- two... I'm an eat & run type of dude, so someone eatin on the train in general, don't bother me... hell, I do it myself.... the problem I have w/ that sista, is the underlying circumstances w/ which HOW she was eating - on a crowded train, eatin w/ the fork & food all exposed; i.e, "showing out"... that part of it, I cannot, and wont defend.....

Only time I'll eat somethin on a train, is when I feel I have enough personal space to do so (pretty much meaning, sitting in an area by myself)... and it's usually somethin like a burger, fries, (couple slices of) pizza... something you don't need that much space to have to consume w/e it is you're eating, having to worry about if it spills on someone...

- three... that lady put herself in that position to be, at the very least, tongue lashed... keep your snide ass comments to yourself if you don't want shit happenin to you.... being that it was 1 on 2, that could've escalated to something much worse..... On the flipside of that, those 2 sistas aren't blameless in this at all... they knew they had 1] numbers & 2] blatant belligerence, in their back pocket... and as the footage showed, they didn't hesitate to display... either... one.

- four... I really didn't look at this as a black vs white thing....

I looked at it more as a "STFU & MYOB" ordeal... how that sayin go....

don't start nothin, won't be nothin....

I give a "shyt". I'm having a hard time taking your opinion serious if you don't even know how to spell simple, monosyllabic (know what that means?) words.

Given the fact that you took the time and trouble to respond to me, you do. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion. Just as I'm entitled to mine. It's a free country after all.

Lol! That goes both ways, because you took the time to after I gave my opinion.

you people are pathetic for getting your nuts in a knot cause someone had the nerve to tell this skank to stop eating like a slob on the train. Maybe its cause you people act retarded on the train all the time and do stupid shit like this.

No one wants to see or smell your ghetto ass food on the train. People have the right to complain when youre eating like an animal with your mouth open chewing away, stankin up the place and not having any common consideration for others around you. Who the hell would want to eat on a crowded train anyway with people all up in your face looking at your food like they are hungry..

get over it douche bags. you are the type of spineless people who wont stand up and defend someone whos being picked at, youll just keep your tail between your legs and not get involved.

You're right on some points...considering what those girls were eating on the train, food like that makes the entire car smell of food. Then again, if she really wanted to do something about it, she could have opened up the window to ventilate the train. They have windows for a reason. Sometimes someone may pull a fart and the next thing you know the whole car wreaks, especially during rush hour. You know what I do? Pop the windows open, the smell goes through, and that's it. End of story.

Again, I am not siding with those two girls for what they did to the lady. There is ABSOLUTELY NO RULE that prohibits eating; however, people like to get carried away with the rules and they take things too far. Can a cop kick someone off the train for eating on board? I don't think so. It is illegal to have a drink in an open container on board (e.g. a cup of coffee without a lid) as one jerk and that can land all over someone, and then shit will hit the HVAC....

Both parties are in the wrong. The lady should have kept her moth shut, and the girls should have just ignored her. If the food issue was bothering her so much, then she should have simply moved to another car. The same applies to the girls if they didn't want to hear the lady's mouth.

People don't always pick the right way to react to certain things. That's how people get hurt, sometimes killed if you don't know who you're dealing with.

hmm, how did I miss this....

- first of all.... ROFL @ homeboy at the 3:15 mark !

- two... I'm an eat & run type of dude, so someone eatin on the train in general, don't bother me... hell, I do it myself.... the problem I have w/ that sista, is the underlying circumstances w/ which HOW she was eating - on a crowded train, eatin w/ the fork & food all exposed; i.e, "showing out"... that part of it, I cannot, and wont defend.....

Only time I'll eat somethin on a train, is when I feel I have enough personal space to do so (pretty much meaning, sitting in an area by myself)... and it's usually somethin like a burger, fries, (couple slices of) pizza... something you don't need that much space to have to consume w/e it is you're eating, having to worry about if it spills on someone...

- three... that lady put herself in that position to be, at the very least, tongue lashed... keep your snide ass comments to yourself if you don't want shit happenin to you.... being that it was 1 on 2, that could've escalated to something much worse..... On the flipside of that, those 2 sistas aren't blameless in this at all... they knew they had 1] numbers & 2] blatant belligerence, in their back pocket... and as the footage showed, they didn't hesitate to display... either... one.

- four... I really didn't look at this as a black vs white thing....

I looked at it more as a "STFU & MYOB" ordeal... how that sayin go....

don't start nothin, won't be nothin....

Agreed 100% and excellent post.

Y'all can have all the race discussions you want, I really don't care and I'll sit out with my backpack of sweeping generalizations for this one. But let's get some stuff straight.

Eating is NOT prohibited on the subway (contrary to popular belief, apparently). If you'd like to refer to section 1050.7 of the MTA Rules of Conduct, eating on the subway is not prohibited. In fact, when contacted about this incident, an MTA spokesperson said this:

VERDICT: Eating is allowed in the subway.

/// objectivity

1) It is rude as anything to eat on the subway and nobody appreciates it. If you're desperate and you're not eating something with a godawful stench, then you can get away with it, occasionally.

2) Nail-clipping, doing makeup, brushing teeth, all that stuff is downright nasty to see in the subway. Nobody wants to see your daily transformation from street broad to businesswoman (or likewise shaving, etc. and going from bum to broker) and I don't want pieces of fingernail on my arm whenever I sit down.

3) Calling somebody an "animal" for eating food (and eating it carefully, too) is rude and potentially a racial slur of sorts. Throwing your pasta at somebody is dumb. Everybody loses.

We good here?

There is nothing racist about what the lady said. They are animals, plain and simple. She was sitting there all hunched over talking loud and putting her food out there for everyone to see like someone wants to smell her food on a subway car. The subway is not a damn cafeteria. It's a way to get from point A to point B and since it is prohibited, if people are going to eat, at least have some common respect for those around you. Don't sit there and let everyone on the train know that you've got food like she was doing with her ghetto @ss.

There are just certain no-nos/unwritten rules and this one is one of them. I've seen people eat on the express bus too, but they try to get in an area away from others and do it quickly and quietly so as not to annoy anyone else. I think that's the main problem here. It's not what she did so much as how she did it in such a tacky manner. :tdown:

Now if eating were prohibited, just think how filthy the subways and buses would be. That video with the rat running up that homeless man's leg would be far more common.

It's a way to get from point A to point B and since it is prohibited, if people are going to eat, at least have some common respect for those around you.

but it's not prohibited....

There is nothing racist about what the lady said. They are animals, plain and simple. She was sitting there all hunched over talking loud and putting her food out there for everyone to see like someone wants to smell her food on a subway car. The subway is not a damn cafeteria. It's a way to get from point A to point B and since it is prohibited, if people are going to eat, at least have some common respect for those around you. Don't sit there and let everyone on the train know that you've got food like she was doing with her ghetto @ss.

There are just certain no-nos/unwritten rules and this one is one of them. I've seen people eat on the express bus too, but they try to get in an area away from others and do it quickly and quietly so as not to annoy anyone else. I think that's the main problem here. It's not what she did so much as how she did it in such a tacky manner. :tdown:

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

Really, this is a great thread!

You hit the nail on the head!

There are just certain things you dont do in certain areas as Via Garibaldi said. I actually dont mind what the lady said. It looks like she was eating spaghetti or something and im sure the smell was all through that car.

Since when was it allowed to eat on the subway??? If they have signs up saying no eating, etc. etc. on the bus, why would they allow it on the subway? Makes no sense at all.

DID YOU READ what MHV9218 wrote???

Eating is NOT prohibited on the subway (contrary to popular belief, apparently). If you'd like to refer to section 1050.7 of the MTA Rules of Conduct, eating on the subway is not prohibited. In fact, when contacted about this incident, an MTA spokesperson said this:

Originally posted by MTA PR

Although food is not prohibited on the subway, we periodically issue public service campaigns to ask customers to avoid doing so in order to help us control insects and other pests.

VERDICT: Eating is allowed in the subway.

On the eating part, usually I eat some candy/chocolate bar and always throw the wrapper out at the trash bin at the station I'm getting off. For the drinking, I always have a bottle of soda or water on me and drink that. Something that's sealed and won't spill then it is not a problem.

I did get pissed off when some idiot next to me had a coffee cup on the floor and when the train made a sharp turn, it tipped over and spilt all the coffee in it. Lucky for me I lifted my backpack off the floor before it got soaked.

Subway cars = subway.

Subway stations and platforms = subway.

There's absolutely NOTHING subliminal about his post at all, everything falls under the same blanket....

He said:

"Eating is NOT prohibited on the subway (contrary to popular belief, apparently)." On the subway means on the actual subway cars.

The thing is the rule is not strictly enforced.

Prohibited means not allowed...put "not" in front of "prohibited", it becomes a double negative...two negatives equal a positive, therefore writing "not prohibited" means the same thing as "not not allowed", which means...allowed.

Get my drift?

I'm not gonna waste time w/ semantics...

All I have to say about the illegality/prohibition (or lack thereof) regarding eating on the subway is that, I've ate things on the train, with either a cop aboard in a few instances, and in the middle section of the train... matter fact, yesterday I went up to 42nd st... took the (C) back to spring st... had two slices of pizza left.... we (the c/r & I) looked at each other, me w/ slice-in-hand, and nothin was said on his part.... Not once did I ever feel hesitant/nervous about eating something on the subway....

I'm chalkin my experiences up to summate that eating on/in/whatever, the subway, is permissable.... unless I'm given a ticket, or warned by a policeman or an MTA worker otherwise in the future, I'm goin continue to eat on one... again, given the criteria/guidelines that I set for myself, and the consideration of others around me....

On the eating part, usually I eat some candy/chocolate bar and always throw the wrapper out at the trash bin at the station I'm getting off. For the drinking, I always have a bottle of soda or water on me and drink that. Something that's sealable and won't spill is not a problem.

I did get pissed off when some idiot next to me had a coffee cup on the floor and when the train made a sharp turn, it tipped over and spilt all the coffee in it. Lucky for me I lifted my backpack off the floor before it got soaked.

how about the ones w/ the coffee cup in one hand, and the newspaper in the other, while standing !

I generally don't buy drinks from the fast food spots anyway, unless I'm eating inside the establishment... I find it to be a hassle carrying those cups while eating & runnin, so to speak.... on the subway, I either get a bottled water, or a can of sprite... that's all I drink anyway, are those 2 things....

Prohibited means not allowed...put "not" in front of "prohibited", it becomes a double negative...two negatives equal a positive, therefore writing "not prohibited" means the same thing as "not not allowed", which means...allowed.

Get my drift?

Yes, but then he says "contrary to popular belief"... meaning most folks believe that eating is allowed on the subway.

Even using your logic of the double negative, why would they allow eating on the subway when they don't allow it on the buses??? Makes no sense.

I'm not gonna waste time w/ semantics...

All I have to say about the illegality/prohibition (or lack thereof) regarding eating on the subway is that, I've ate things on the train, with either a cop aboard in a few instances, and in the middle section of the train... matter fact, yesterday I went up to 42nd st... took the (C) back to spring st... had two slices of pizza left.... we (the c/r & I) looked at each other, me w/ slice-in-hand, and nothin was said on his part.... Not once did I ever feel hesitant/nervous about eating something on the subway....

I'm chalkin my experiences up to summate that eating on/in/whatever, the subway, is permissable.... unless I'm given a ticket, or warned by a policeman or an MTA worker otherwise in the future, I'm goin continue to eat on one... again, given the criteria/guidelines that I set for myself, and the consideration of others around me....

how about the ones w/ the coffee cup in one hand, and the newspaper in the other, while standing !

I generally don't buy drinks from the fast food spots anyway, unless I'm eating inside the establishment... I find it to be a hassle carrying those cups while eating & runnin, so to speak.... on the subway, I either get a bottled water, or a can of sprite... that's all I drink anyway, are those 2 things....

It's like jaywalking. It's officially illegal, but I've jaywalked right in front of a cop and he didn't say anything. It's one of those things that's on the books and people are expected to have some discretion with it in terms of not abusing the situation. What she did was put it in everyone's faces like yeah I'm eating and you're going to smell my stinking food and what?

It's like jaywalking. It's officially illegal, but I've jaywalked right in front of a cop and he didn't say anything. It's one of those things that's on the books and people are expected to have some discretion with it in terms of not abusing the situation. What she did was put it in everyone's faces like yeah I'm eating and you're going to smell my stinking food and what?

Well of course what?

and that last statement you made, that's my sentiments exactly.....

I'm not excusing what & how she did... what she did.

Last time I checked, I have not recalled seeing a no eating/drinking sign on a bus...there is a sign that says "no smoking, spitting, littering, radio playing".

On some of the newer express buses but I don't know if it's officially put everywhere. Probably not though. I've seen no cell phones too in some cases.

Archived