Womans fight on the Subway over eating

mark1447

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too sure, but I don't think they allow it on the bus. on those Ex Bee-Line Orion V's there are signs inside that say "No Smoking, No Eating/Drinking, No radio playing".

Yea BUS not TRAIN! Everyone eat's on the train! Where you been paco?

Yeah I saw people at Coney Island in the summer bring in ice cream, fried chicken, Mcdonald's are many other foods into the subway cars. Though most of the people don't leave their junk behind. Except for some people.

People eat on the subway 24/7/365 not just during the summer

Lets keep it real.

It was not the heavy-set ladies right to reprimand the two young adults for eating food on the train. I most certainly understand her point of view, as she paid for her fare and deserves to ride the train in peace. The two young adults who were eating should've known that eating food on a train may be uncomfortable for some, but perhaps the young lady only had that time to eat. The point is, the heavy-set lady had no business reprimanding the two young ladies. If she wants to ride in the comfort of her own space than she should not use PUBLIC transportation. When you do ride public transportation you MUST be prepared to deal with the fact that there will be others riding PUBLIC transportation as well.

HOWEVER, the two young ladies ALSO were wrong for dealing with the situation the way they did. They should have handled themselves like respectable young ladies that they are and simply moved away. There was absolutely NO reason why BOTH of them approached the heavy-set lady in an aggressive manner. They BOTH got up, surrounded her, and violated her private space. They got all up in her face and expected her not to react for protect herself. Had I been in the shoes of the heavy-set woman I would have also felt threatened and felt the need to protect myself. Had the two young ladies simply moved away this fight would have NOT ensued. Besides, the heavy-set lady did ask REPEATEDLY that the two ladies back up away from her and they did NOT.

In terms of race, I do not like to generalize and say that all Black or Latinos act rowdy or ghetto or violent, nor do I like to say all Whites and Asians are civil and respectable. That is, because, such a statement cannot be proved. Some people, regardless of what their skin color or race is act certain ways that may be different to what is believed to be normal or respectful. However, I will say that as African American women, their behavior only helps support the fallible notion that African Americans are violent and ghetto and ill-mannered. In this day in age, with all the ignorance that still exists in this world, actions like the one that the two young ladies took only set back the progression of society. Let’s be real, those two young ladies had NO business up in that ladies face, nor, was it okay for the lady to reprimand the girls for eating. But you CANNOT tell me, that had those two girls NOT gotten up from their seats and stepped into that heavy-set ladies face, this fight would have ensued.

All in all, it is the sad reality of what happens day in and day out ALL throughout the NYC public transit system.

Eating in subway is rude because of these reasons:

• They make the floors are already dirty, but crumbs and food odors makes the floor worse
  • If there's spilled food on floor, people will slip and step on it. This can cause a code blue situation.
  • If there's spilled food on chair, no one can sit and relax, even the elderly
  • If people spill food by accident and the food is right at someone's clothes, something will happen
  • People think that it's annoying to make slurping sound while eating
  • The (MTA) will be mad when food is spilled

There's an article that is maybe similar to the video that Mark1447 showed us:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/18/2011-03-18_the_spaghetti_incident_nyc_subway_riders_brawl_over_passenger_eating_food_on_the.html

Totally agreed. I don't leave my trash on the train/bus, cuz it's bad enough most depots don't sweep and mop the floors of their buses after their runs are over, and you'll see that same trash on the bus several days later...that is, if you happen to run into the same bus aftwewards. More trash will pile up, and the buses will continue to get dirtier and dirtier until, until...it gets cleaned, and who knows when that will happen, considering the reputation of some depots....

Yeah aka Castleton.. ;) lol

He didnt say that. He said "As always..it happens in NYC".

No where in that statement it said "It only happens in NYC".

That lady said it best "what kinda animals!" Blk girls are a disgrace in my book. They dont know when to shut the hell up for once in there life.

My black female cousin is in med school.

Lets keep it real.

It was not the heavy-set ladies right to reprimand the two young adults for eating food on the train...

I was on the subway once when a woman was eating an apple and spitting the skin out onto the floor. Was it wrong of people to reprimand her and tell her what she was doing was disgusting?

Perhaps the heavy-set lady should have kept her mouth shut, but I think we, and a court of law, would all agree that the two young women are clearly in the wrong here.

I was on the subway once when a woman was eating an apple and spitting the skin out onto the floor. Was it wrong of people to reprimand her and tell her what she was doing was disgusting?

Perhaps the heavy-set lady should have kept her mouth shut, but I think we, and a court of law, would all agree that the two young women are clearly in the wrong here.

These days the safest bet is to simply MYOB.

It is very disgusting. I am not disagreeing with you. What I am saying is that you MUST know that when you are riding public transportation you are going to encounter different people with different ways of behaving. You may not agree with it, but it does not give you the right to reprimand that person. Just ignore it and keep going on your merry way, because, think about it, if you see a person doing that, do you think that by you telling them, a complete stranger that they are disgusting, gonna make them stop doing what they are doing wrong? Not at all.. It will just cause a problem. So for that matter, just ignore it. Itll save you alot of energy. Sure you may feel entitled to do something since you paid your fare but this is why it is PUBLIC transportation and you must be ready to deal with ALL sorts of nonsence in public transportation.

It is very disgusting. I am not disagreeing with you. What I am saying is that you MUST know that when you are riding public transportation you are going to encounter different people with different ways of behaving. You may not agree with it' date=' but it does not give you the right to reprimand that person. Just ignore it and keep going on your merry way, because, think about it, if you see a person doing that, do you think that by you telling them, a complete stranger that they are disgusting, gonna make them stop doing what they are doing wrong? Not at all.. It will just cause a problem. So for that matter, just ignore it. Itll save you alot of energy. Sure you may feel entitled to do something since you paid your fare but this is why it is PUBLIC transportation and you must be ready to deal with ALL sorts of nonsence in public transportation.[/quote']

If someone was playing music right in your ear and there was nowhere else to move you would just "put up with it?" I have had no problem confronting folks blasting their music on the express bus when they were getting under my skin. Once in the morning this guy gets on the express bus (not sure what his ethnicity was) but he got on blasting his music like he was trying to prove a point. Now seeing that I was going a decent distance, I got his attention by waving to him and basically asked him in a rather firm tone if he could turn his music down. Yeah, he didn't like it, but he could tell that there was going to be a problem if he didn't because I wasn't putting up with that f*cking noise early in the morning. Another time a black guy got on the X10 with that sh*t. I looked back like you're not doing this sh*t on the express bus, not after I had worked the whole day, and then I started talking about how I wasn't putting up with this noise and he got the message and turned that sh*t down.

Now on the subway I don't bother because I'm going maybe a few stops, but I can understand why the lady said something. That's probably her main mode of transportation and she was clearly uncomfortable with the situation. Sometimes I refrain, but sometimes you have to speak up. Just because it's public transportation doesn't mean that people shouldn't be considerate of others and there are some things that should not be tolerated. Now I've heard that some people have sat and taken a sh*t on subway cars. Should that just be ignored too because it's public transportation? We all have to use the system, and it comes down to respect for the system and everyone using it and some people need to realize that.

You're more likely to see people get reprimanded on the express bus though. The one thing that drives folks crazy is those with the loud talking. I once got so irritated with this chick blabbing on and on about endless BS that I just told her to "SHUT UP" already and then she wound up moving. I have witnessed others do the same, so yeah there are times when you have to say enough is enough.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/03/18/spaghetti-dinner-leads-to-full-blown-brawl-on-nyc-subway-train/

The story and video made it to CBS and 1010 WINS tongiht. Whoopie.

Well CBS has a diff titled video of the same, so they are saying thry dk where this was taken but the official video is the one i posted above which claims it was in Brooklyn which could be the (A) Line / R46.

And man the media got nothin better to do but just sit on Youtube all day lookin for stories to boost themselves up lolz

Its the internet boss, who gives a shyt.

I give a "shyt". I'm having a hard time taking your opinion serious if you don't even know how to spell simple, monosyllabic (know what that means?) words.

As I said, im entitled to my opinion and if you guys dont like it then too bad because I honestly dont care what you think.

Given the fact that you took the time and trouble to respond to me, you do. And yes, you are entitled to your opinion. Just as I'm entitled to mine. It's a free country after all.

Archived