SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I wanted some fun. I got a peek inside the tunnel, it seems as they are already almost close to the Interlocking of where the (T) is suppose to meet the (Q). The thing is, I saw a functioning signal on the (Q) side that always displayed Red for some reason.

Well, I wanted some fun. I got a peek inside the tunnel, it seems as they are already almost close to the Interlocking of where the (T) is suppose to meet the (Q). The thing is, I saw a functioning signal on the (Q) side that always displayed Red for some reason.

How'd you peek?

Why does the (F) from 21st St to Forest Hills have this weird steady drumming when the train runs on the track Manhattan bound?

So the (6) starts running express south of Hunts Point PM Rush Hours today. When I rode it, it ended at 3 Avenue 138 Street. I'm guessing because there was a (6) making all stops at this time and the service change was just about to end when I rode it. Does anyone think this will be an everyday thing until this service change ends?

Anyone experience delays on the (A) after 3:40pm? I was at Chambers St waiting for the Far Rockaway train and when the train stopped at Jay St-Metro Tech, the train didnt move for 10 minutes and I asked the conductor why the train not moving. So the conductor told me that there was smoke at the next station(Hoyt-Schermerhorn St). Next thing you know the train went local all the way to Far Rock. Train was packed, I even got crushed between people.

So the (6) starts running express south of Hunts Point PM Rush Hours today. When I rode it, it ended at 3 Avenue 138 Street. I'm guessing because there was a (6) making all stops at this time and the service change was just about to end when I rode it. Does anyone think this will be an everyday thing until this service change ends?

I meant if the (6) will terminate at 138 Street southbound a few times. Sorry for not clearing that up.

But it was good to know that Parkchester (6) trains are not affected.

Most likely to avoid congestion at the Parkchester short turn and Pelham Bay Park terminal themselves. Remember that the (6) runs very frequently. Plus, the local stations in Manhattan (both directions) have a bulk of ridership during rush hours.

Anyone experience delays on the (A) after 3:40pm? I was at Chambers St waiting for the Far Rockaway train and when the train stopped at Jay St-Metro Tech, the train didnt move for 10 minutes and I asked the conductor why the train not moving. So the conductor told me that there was smoke at the next station(Hoyt-Schermerhorn St). Next thing you know the train went local all the way to Far Rock. Train was packed, I even got crushed between people.

Sane here. My (A) going to Far Rockaway was packed. An (A) going to Lefferts pulled up on the local track.

There's a crossover with the (F) on one end and the other end has the bumper blocks

Having (6) trains from Pelham turn at 3rd Avenue?

That's a service cut for Manhattan, they better not do that every day. Lexington Avenue needs all the subway cars it can get at that hour...