SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

That station is demolished for good. They are not rebuilding it at least not right now because the MTA still has the new South Ferry Station and 2nd Ave subway to worry about. It looks like the 63rd street station on the (F) is about done both sides got new tiling and the platform is complete.

They are rebuilding it, that why the (1) ends at 14th Street on weekends so often.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is, and there is a connection between Fulton and Lafayette for employees.

I thought so, but the stretch between the Hoyt and Lafayette stations looked boarded up. I remember when it was open and thought it was cool to race alongside a (G) train to Lafayette while I was on the (A)

Oh wow they are now that is good to hear. I always thought that they removed the station and had no plans of adding a new one.

Of course not, that station is a historic landmark. One of the old stairways are in the 9/11 Museam.

On this day, it was a day that changed America. Loved ones were lost, friends and family. Our heroes that helped, and our heroes that have died.

RIP 2001-2015

A quote I found online, I hope you guys are ok with it.

Two four car sets. Since the Court Sq to Bedford Nostrands Av section was short on trains and that it had no access to C.I yard. Jamaica loaned two four car R46s to the (G). They also ran the entire route once service got restored.

Okay makes sense well I've could of definitely caught them and did some railfanning if my camera wasn't so f**ked up

Two four car sets. Since the Court Sq to Bedford Nostrands Av section was short on trains and that it had no access to C.I yard. Jamaica loaned two four car R46s to the (G). They also ran the entire route once service got restored.

I wanted to catch it at Court Sq but it was late, Its still in service on (G) hope its in service tomorrow. It ran the entire route. I thought to myself they should've extended the (G) to 71st in the meantime.

Edited by Priincenene

I wanted to catch it at Court Sq but it was late, Its still in service on (G) hope its in service tomorrow. It ran the entire route. I thought to myself they should've extended the (G) to 71st in the meantime.

With the stuff thats already on QBL? You must be outta your mind.

It was most likely a one day thing.

You'd have to extend the (G)(M) and (R) to 179th to do that (with the (F) express all the way through and if there is congestion sending any local train to the express after Parsons Boulevard).