SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up with the (N) and (Q) line programs displaying transfers of the (2)(3)(4)(5)(B)(D)(Q)(R) LIRR at every single station that dosent have a transfer?

It's a occurrence of that glitch the (R) and (J) had a couple of years ago. The (R) had (1)(2)(3)(L) PATH at stations without transfers and showed (D) at 86 Street instead of S79 SBS and the (J) had Q72 to LGA at every station without a transfer.

Jesus...it's confusing everyone. A lady got off at Neck Road and tried to look for the (2) train transfer,

(Q) also program at Dekalb Av

It's all part of a big, big glitch. I saw a post on Facebook a few days back that has a picture of it. Edited by TheNewYorkElevated

It's all part of a big, big glitch. I saw a post on Facebook a few days back that has a picture of it.

I wonder whats causing the glitch. Is it a new code they put in? If so, they really really really need to have a test set to try it on before pushing it out to all of the R160's.

So, forgive me for this one:

A friend asked what would happen if a T/O or C/R came down with diarrhea or similar mid run, and wondered if this was ever the cause of a "sick passenger" delay.

I said if they were too ill to continue they'd send out a TSS to take over but this is speculation.

With hundreds of trains running at a time this must have happened. So - anyone know the procedure if this occurs deep in the bowels of the subway?

Again - sorry.

A friend asked what would happen if a T/O or C/R came down with diarrhea or similar mid run, and wondered if this was ever the cause of a "sick passenger" delay.

I said if they were too ill to continue they'd send out a TSS to take over but this is speculation.

With hundreds of trains running at a time this must have happened. So - anyone know the procedure if this occurs deep in the bowels of the subway?

Again - sorry.

"bowels of the subway" - I see what you did there.  ;) 

That is an interesting question though and I'm curious to know as well.

Couple notes about the new strip maps upon inspection today (I've been getting that 65xx set for months now). The bullets for the lines (except for the large reading on the left) are in Akzidenz-Grotesk, which is a marked change from the Helvetica on all other strips. Also, the "F M L" grouping which the MTA tried to scrub in 2010 is still there.

I wonder:

1) if the (J) train will be updating the Jamaica Center and Sutphin Blvd annoucments

and

2) the transfer to point on to the (R) train while using your metrocard at Fulton St in Manhattan

oh god no! "This is Fulton Center, transfer is available to the (2)(3)(A)(C)(J) and (Z) trains. A connection is available to the (R) trains by using your metrocard. Connection is available to PATH"

The reason why I put " (R) trains" is so the (1) and (E) can be spliced in later.

Edited by Around the Horn

Again - sorry.

I was in a situation where the C/R got sick a couple of months ago. Specifically on a downtown 4 on a Saturday morning. They announced that the train is no longer in service..

What's wrong with this paragraph?

The subway’s Mets-Willets Point station, with 24-hour service on the 7.png train, is right in front of Citi Field on Roosevelt Avenue near 126th Street. You can always take the 7.png train – either the local or the express – to Mets-Willets Point. After weeknight and weekend games, New York City Transit provides special super-express 7.png trains timed to depart after the last out. After leaving the game, these trains make only six stops – 61 St-Woodside, Queensboro Plaza, Court Square, 42 St-Grand Central, 5 Av-Bryant Park, and Times Square-42 St.

What's wrong with this paragraph?

where is Hudson Yards?

The (7) I was on when going to Main Street didn't have the update strip maps or announcements. My set on the way back had the strip maps corrected, but since I was going from Main Street I had no way to tell if it was changed.

We have two fan trips; one on the Flushing Line with the TOMC on Tuesday, April 5 and one on the Jerome Avenue Line with the Lo - V's on Friday, April 1. Problem is, all of these trips are during the morning during the school week, so no foamers! :D