BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your view will be much more interesting once they start using LFSAs on the Bx1 and Bx2.

Yes sir it will! I've got a photo of a LFSA on the Bx2 (5785)... I also saw one on the Bx2 yesterday.... Forgot the number though... I've been seeing D60's everyday for most of my life... It's time for a nice change lol... It will be also interesting once the XD60's get to KB...

-------------

Youngblaze bro, When the XD60's get to KB, Can you let me know please? Much appreciated.

I hate RTS!! i will NEVERR ride a RTS again out of ulmer park...once nee buses come...the old ones suckk and makes you feel like u just wasted your money...i will wait for a LFS, XD40 OR 3G for now on.

What's wrong with the ZF RTS's at Ulmer, I think those RTS's are good, the 93/94XX, I pass up also after wasting $2.25 on 9403 :( but I also pass up 3G's as well, I will ONLY ride LFS's, ZF RTS's and XD40's from Ulmer, they should send those 9XXX buses somewhere else, I'd rather have maybe some Orion 7 OG Hybrids from ENY rolling around the Ulmer routes instead.

What's wrong with the ZF RTS's at Ulmer, I think those RTS's are good, the 93/94XX, I pass up also after wasting $2.25 on 9403 :( but I also pass up 3G's as well, I will ONLY ride LFS's, ZF RTS's and XD40's from Ulmer, they should send those 9XXX buses somewhere else, I'd rather have maybe some Orion 7 OG Hybrids from ENY rolling around the Ulmer routes instead.

i just rode 2 9399.....i hate that bus...eww...back seats are hot....and i dont like old stuff....and the ac is soo loud i cant hear the transmission...and then i rode 5087....slowww...seats are hot....everytime we hit bump everything vibrates...and its too old...i like new stuff in this generation....so when im used to new stuff...old stuff is crap....thats like going from an iphone to a nokia...now u understand...i would love some O7 OGs or NGs in ulmer!

I hate RTS!! i will NEVERR ride a RTS again out of ulmer park...once nee buses come...the old ones suckk and makes you feel like u just wasted your money...i will wait for a LFS, XD40 OR 3G for now on.

I liked you post but for me I don't like the ex beelines or Orion V CNG's. They make the ride feel like you are on a historical bus. And to pay $2.25 to get on a hot bus no way that's why I wait for the C40LF. The RTS for me is fine, some blow out very cool air :)

lol, well you could've waited for the newer lf buses... I don't care what shows up so long as it isn't too crowded.

Nah it was hot that day... That was the real scorcher that Saturday last month and I was only going over to the train station and it was empty so I just got on and stood.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

i just rode 2 9399.....i hate that bus...eww...back seats are hot....and i dont like old stuff....and the ac is soo loud i cant hear the transmission...and then i rode 5087....slowww...seats are hot....everytime we hit bump everything vibrates...and its too old...i like new stuff in this generation....so when im used to new stuff...old stuff is crap....thats like going from an iphone to a nokia...now u understand...i would love some O7 OGs or NGs in ulmer!

Dude the RTSs always been like that even when they was younger lol.

Those RTSs out of Ulmer Park should be retired already. I was on B6 last month over by Ocean and Avenue J and the seats were so worn out... I just stood since I was only going a short distance.

LOL @ this, dude is scared to sit down on a bus :lol:

Many people sit on those seats and nothing happens to them, this is just as irrational as you getting scared whenever your express bus passes by the Projects :lol:

Edited by trainfan22

LOL @ this, dude is scared to sit down on a bus :lol:

Many people sit on those seats and nothing happens to them, this is just as irrational as you getting scared whenever your express bus passes by the Projects :lol:

It's called choices... I chose to stand... No big deal... The seats were worn out and quite frankly should be changed. I suppose you'd sit next to a bum since it's no big deal... As for the whole projects thing that's really no big deal either now. I mean it was more of the issue of so seeing so many of them clustered together for blocks there in Harlem.

---

An a side note, I can't believe how long it took tonight on the BxM18. This guy must've been a rookie because he drove like an old lady. From 44th to 239th and Henry Hudson Parkway... Over an hour for a trip that usually takes 30 minutes... This guy needs to go back on the Training Bus ASAP.

Well I didn't know that.... Thanks for clearing that up though....

What he said! I want to know what makes that sound as well.... I live right near the Bx1/Bx2 and I hear that sound almost everyday....

You mean that loud squealing sound when a D60 accelerates hard?? That's the A/C compressor belt usually...

Well, ok then. But I do agree that the RTSs interior wise at UP aren't all that good. It makes me feel disappointed in a few years if UP will let those lf buses go to crap they way they've done to the RTSs.

UP has kept those RTS's in great shape, excuse me, they do a lot better than some depots... *coughJamaicacough*

Took a ride to main street flushing on the 7 train yesterday and noticed at CS that the yard was filled with LFSA's...what's the point of having the buses there (there were a lot of them) if they are not going to use them??

Ps...as the train was passing by 5 pointz, I saw a lot with TA MCI's parked in it. I couldnt see numbers because it was too far away but the entrance to the lot is right on the same street as 5 pointz?? Anybody know what depot this lot belongs to?? (I'm not very familiar with queens depots if you can't tell)

Took a ride to main street flushing on the 7 train yesterday and noticed at CS that the yard was filled with LFSA's...what's the point of having the buses there (there were a lot of them) if they are not going to use them??

Ps...as the train was passing by 5 pointz, I saw a lot with TA MCI's parked in it. I couldnt see numbers because it was too far away but the entrance to the lot is right on the same street as 5 pointz?? Anybody know what depot this lot belongs to?? (I'm not very familiar with queens depots if you can't tell)

thats crazyy with the artics but i think there waiting till fall...and the lot with MCIs i think is for queens village...all i know is that queens village has a seperate little lot for their mcis but idk where its at maybe thats this place your talking about

Whassup with those electronic advertisements? I've noticed them a lot on Quill buses and 100th street buses.

I mean if the contract is null and void or electrical issues, why keep them on the side of buses.

Hope in the near future that rear wraps and roof ads could be on the comeback on Brooklyn Division buses (FB/ENY/FP) that have NG's

Edited by Future ENY OP

It's a QV lot like mentioned, used for the X63, X64, and X68.

DSC_0024-1.jpg

Whassup with those electronic advertisements? I've noticed them a lot on Quill buses and 100th street buses.

I mean if the contract is null and void or electrical issues, why keep them on the side of buses.

Hope in the near future that rear wraps and roof ads could be on the comeback on Brooklyn Division buses (FB/ENY/FP) that have NG's

Roof ads or ceiling ads? Full rear wrapped ads are fine. Edited by Grand Concourse

I was looking through some old schedules and I found out that the B100 used to have a few trips to South Shore High School back in the Command Days. Do they still have those trippers?

Those days are over since the (MTA) took over.

Roof ads or ceiling ads? Full rear wrapped ads are fine.

The roof ads that are currently in the Manhattan Division buses.

When i take s.i buses to bk...mainly the s53 and s52 when it gets crowded....every seat is filled up....and people start to stand in the high section.....then it gets.super filled...but when i go to transfer to b1 and b36 soon as about 10pple hit the rear everyone esle starts to stand leaving 6-7 seats open and no one stands in the high section....but its the same buses...is it just us staten islanders are respectful and move to the back,,,or something happened in s.i. to force everyone to move to the back to fill up room...??