S93. 4896

afternoon

s53 4885

s52 4884

to bros practice

s52 4892

s52 4872

and this is without picking them...just taking the first bus that comes

The MTA must've read your posts and wanted to satisfy you.

Also, isn't that "Stop Requested" sign on your sig from a Gillig.

Rode the Q23 today, might have been my first time on it. I took RTS 8934 at Queens Blvd to Metropolitan Avenue, and it was crush-loaded. That line has quite some turns, and it took about 19 minutes. After some time, I take Orion VII Gen-II HLF 3586 the way back, and it's quite empty, so there's basically just one pick-up in between Metropolitcan and Queens Blvd, so it takes just 10 minutes. Anyway, funny story, there were two Q23s at Queens Blvd and there's this long line, so 8934 comes as the second bus. The first one leaves, and we wait for passengers to board. Then, just as we leave, this guy is left out. He gets mad (I could see it in his face), but he actually runs to the next stop at Austin Street, and he's there before us. There's this other lady at the stop, too. But the bus still doesn't pick him up and skips the stop.

Speaking of missed buses, yesterday I just miss a B46, but I get the 2nd bus that pulls in. We end up skipping the B46 I just missed because it was picking up riders and it looked more crowded. So there is some karma.

lol.... There is no topic to "get back" on... This is the Random Thoughts Bus thread... :lol:

What's so special about 579 that you mentioned it here??

Nothing, just one of the next batch of buses at SC that will likely push out the hybrids. Edited by Grand Concourse

So I was the lucky rider of 2 MCI's 7423 and 7425 each on the Bx23 this week. :D:o

Shhhhhhhhh. Don't let VG8 hear that. :P

Rode the Q23 today, might have been my first time on it. I took RTS 8934 at Queens Blvd to Metropolitan Avenue, and it was crush-loaded. That line has quite some turns, and it took about 19 minutes. After some time, I take Orion VII Gen-II HLF 3586 the way back, and it's quite empty, so there's basically just one pick-up in between Metropolitcan and Queens Blvd, so it takes just 10 minutes. Anyway, funny story, there were two Q23s at Queens Blvd and there's this long line, so 8934 comes as the second bus. The first one leaves, and we wait for passengers to board. Then, just as we leave, this guy is left out. He gets mad (I could see it in his face), but he actually runs to the next stop at Austin Street, and he's there before us. There's this other lady at the stop, too. But the bus still doesn't pick him up and skips the stop.

Wow. That's just cold.

But how was your bus the crowded one if there was another one in front of you? Or was that a short-turn starting at the subway station?

Do they still have the old New York City Bus Service seats? Haven't been on one of those in a while.

I can't answer that being that I don't have experience with NYBS. My trip on it was only 3 minutes though. I forgot to hit muitiquote so to answer Turbo19, Bx23 runs out of Eastchester Depot which has a heavy MCI fleet for all of it's express buses. Either the gas shortage has taken out some of the Orions normally run on Bx23 or some were scrapped early. I never expected to see an MCI Bx23, Edited by JubaionBx12+SBS

I can't answer that being that I don't have experience with NYBS. My trip on it was only 3 minutes though. I forgot to hit muitiquote so to answer Turbo19, Bx23 runs out of Eastchester Depot which has a heavy MCI fleet for all of it's express buses. Either the gas shortage has taken out some of the Orions normally run on Bx23 or some were scrapped early. I never expected to see an MCI Bx23,

ECH has been short for a while now. MCIs have popped up on the Q50 in the past. And the interior on those 7420s: (From the NYBS days)

NYBS_MCI_D4500-Interior.jpg

Edited by SevenEleven

But seriously though...is there something i can take that can calm me down from XD40s??

i mean im over hyped about them...and i cant help myself noo more...i lovee those buses soo much it bothers me sometimes....its like a highlyy concentrated addiction that i cant break....

You should talk to a girl, someone who you can love and share your feelings with. At the end of the day a bus is just a vehicle and it can't love you in return.