BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Finally rode the S54 for the first time today. Quite an interresting route.

End-to-end?

I actually don't think I've rode any SI routes end-to-end in one shot. For some, I've come close, but I always got on/off one or two stops before the end of the route. For instance, I've rode the S66 from Port Richmond & Harrison to St. George, the S79 from 86th & 4th to Macy's, the S40/90 from St. George to Forest & South, and so on (and then of course, there's the ones where I've rode the entire route plenty of times, but just not in one shot, like the S44 & S46) Not that it makes a difference because there's usually only one or two stops left (and in the case of the S40 & S66, sometimes nobody is left after that point), but I guess it is somewhat of an accomplishment to have stayed on the bus as long as the driver.

The only routes where I rode the whole thing in one shot were the B8 (VA Hospital - Brookdale, but not the full route to 95th Street because it doesn't run) and Q10 LTD. I was intending to ride the full B82 LTD, but when I was on the B83, I saw it coming at Vandalia Avenue, so I just said screw it.

Maybe I'll do it for one of the shorter routes, like the S42 or B42, so I could add that to my list.

EDIT: I just realized I took the full S93 a decent amount of times. I don't know how I forgot that.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a weird dream overnight (among other things lol). I saw two MTA Bus OG's (One of them being #3611) & the third bus was an old TMC RTS #8374. By the I saw that bus the nostagia came back to me. Reminds me of how I'll miss the old guard. *sighs*:(

Also I gotta admit it was kinda weird to see (MTA) Bus equipment around my hood although BP's Buses aren't uncommon being around.

Upon my last check of BusTime there looks to be a huge gap in B61 service and some bunching going on. There are literally no buses at all along the north/south portion in Red Hook and no Downtown Brooklyn bound buses on 9th Street. There's also a sizable gap in Northbound B63 service taking up a big chunk on 5th Ave.

I officially declare the 41 via New Scotland the most crowded run in all of the CDTA system. I'm not even exaggerating. All of the seats are full, and the aisle is completely full too. I'm talking by NYC standards too. On the last day of school, the school trippers weren't running, and about 10 kids weren't allowed on the regular 13, because it was too crowded.

S79 needs artics yoo!

no reason for there to be block long lines at 86st...and 92st

for 2 buses to be running back to back...just get some artics...

Soon man, soon.

I officially declare the 41 via New Scotland the most crowded run in all of the CDTA system. I'm not even exaggerating. All of the seats are full, and the aisle is completely full too. I'm talking by NYC standards too. On the last day of school, the school trippers weren't running, and about 10 kids weren't allowed on the regular 13, because it was too crowded.

Is there a viable alternative at all?

Soon man, soon.

and i dont mind D60HFs...i just want some artics..cause its OBVIOUS ridership increased because of the hurricane...and now people ranting the MTA because packed buses...and MIAs...and drivers not doing anything about it.,..like a B/O would see a very long line...and instead of boarding...he would go on his break..and sit there parked -__-

and i dont mind D60HFs...i just want some artics..cause its OBVIOUS ridership increased because of the hurricane...and now people ranting the MTA because packed buses...and MIAs...and drivers not doing anything about it.,..like a B/O would see a very long line...and instead of boarding...he would go on his break..and sit there parked -__-

Drivers need breaks too...what if they have to use the bathroom or something

im talking bout when he sits in the seat..on his phone...while pple stading in lines down the block instead of boarding them

Did it ever occur to you that it isn't his/her time to let the people on yet...

That few minutes drivers get between dropping the people off at the last stop and picking people up at the first stop is their personal time.

I felt a little cheap after going head-to-head with a QV 3G who whooped my ass clean on the Nassau Expwy from JFK to the Rock on the A Shuttle. My LFSA was capped at 45 mph while his shit did 50+ when all I heard was air go passed my left window. But two factors: 1. my bus is heavier than his; 2. I had more people onboard... but, still at 45, I felt cheap as that 3G aired my ass out... lmao!

Got bored and went on my late night Sherlock Homeboy flow in here (lol) and I have a huge hunch that depotofrelax is actually LandoftheLost from in the before era of the forums. I made that statement a few weeks ago (and forgot which thread I posted it in lol), and I got proof.

Look at this...

As a comment. How can you be sure these 4 depot of CNG that Spring Creek Depot , College Point Depot , Jackie Gleason Depot , West Farms Depot well able to maintain the C40LF New Flyer. Example how did 2 bus Orion5 CNG #9871 , & West Farms Depot Orion7 CNG exploded or what ever happen. It won't happen this time.

And compare it to this...

when WF/Walnut have been shut down in 1995 or 1996.

WF never sent 1996 RTS Nova BUS ( WF had #8806 - #8857

in 1995.) to Mother Clara Hale Depot. and Mother Clara Hale Depot cant even

handle 1996 RTS Nova Bus. Mother Clara Hale Depot had only

1990 RTS , 1993 - 1995 orion5 in 1998 that had #6000 series.

#8806 - #8857 have been sent to Kingsbridge Depot.

And this...

If hope so. i have feeling Gun Hill depot get #1353 - #1412. ( 60 Bus

of design Line Eco Saver and Gun Hill depot will displaced their 1998 - 1999 orion5 send them to West Farms Depot.

...that is all, I'm off to bed now

Edited by Fresh Pond