BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

To the stupid f**kface on the bus I'm on right now, please shut up. The bus is full with 35 of it's 40 seats occupied and 24 standees. I know people behind me are attempting to deboard, so don't tell me or prod me, etc. What do you want me to do when half the bus is clearing out, push everyone over? They can wait 10 seconds. Also, I might move if your dumbass wasn't blocking your bench with your bags. Maybe if you moved them I could have taken a seat. FFS People in this town just don't know how to take the bus.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

To the stupid f**kface on the bus I'm on right now, please shut up. The bus is full with 35 of it's 40 seats occupied and 24 standees. I know people behind me are attempting to deboard, so don't tell me or prod me, etc. What do you want me to do when half the bus is clearing out, push everyone over? They can wait 10 seconds. Also, I might move if your dumbass wasn't blocking your bench with your bags. Maybe if you moved them I could have taken a seat. FFS People in this town just don't know how to take the bus.

The behavior you are seeing out of people is a result of dealing with stupid people in a me first world in general. The kind of stupidity that you are seeing is not just happening on a crowded train or bus, this absurb behavior comes out of people in almost all walks of city life. Something I've accepted and learned to deal with a long time ago now. Keep your cool and don't let that rat-race madness get the better of you.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Culver" data-cid="637961" data-time="1359342340"><p>

4888 sounds like a dying rhino.<br />

<br />

Only 90 buses and they're dropping like flies. I hope NovaBus has been developing and shaker-testing a long-wheelbase LFS in secret. Bloody hell.</p></blockquote>

Well QV and maybe ENY should of taken the XD40's since them two actually know how keep buses in good shape, and UP should of taken the LFS's. I never heard any weird noise in the XD40's when QV had them so that proves that someone did a bad job maintaining the buses. I don't see the LFS winning because why did they move it all to one depot and split the XD40's between two depots. The (MTA) is up to something that's all I know.

Umm no, ENY doesn't know how to take care of the XD40's. 4833 is missing paint all over and it is banged up with dents. It did NOT leave QV like that nor Ulmer Park. They were saying they moved everything because of mileage and fleet age, it's probably a political thing & i'm not the only one who thinks that.

Umm no, ENY doesn't know how to take care of the XD40's. 4833 is missing paint all over and it is banged up with dents. It did NOT leave QV like that nor Ulmer Park. They were saying they moved everything because of mileage and fleet age, it's probably a political thing & i'm not the only one who thinks that.

While I agree with you about ENY not taking care of their buses, Ulmer Park isn't much better.  When are they going to clean their Prevosts? Buses are filthy already... Is it that hard for them to run them through the washers at the depot??

While I agree with you about ENY not taking care of their buses, Ulmer Park isn't much better.  When are they going to clean their Prevosts? Buses are filthy already... Is it that hard for them to run them through the washers at the depot??

The reason UP Prevosts and the rest of there buses are not

being cleaned, is because the bus wash is shut down.

They do that when it's near or below freezing.

The water freezes in the area by the wash and all around

the outside of the depot in the streets. And becomes very icy.

The reason UP Prevosts and the rest of there buses are not
being cleaned, is because the bus wash is shut down.
They do that when it's near or below freezing.
The water freezes in the area by the wash and all around
the outside of the depot in the streets. And becomes very icy.

Yeah well they stopped washing those Prevosts way before the weather got cold so that excuse doesn't fly either.

It's not political. Think about it, lines like the Q24 and Q56 puts less mileage on buses than routes UP have. ENY has a lot of low-mileage routes compared to QV and UP.

As its been said time and time again here. The cosmetics isn't a big deal as long as they can get their buses running.

This is the part that bugs me, if they don't know how to "take care of buses", they probably shouldn't be one of the main base shops and CMFs now should they....?

I remember when people gave Grand Avenue that reputation....boy did that change in due time...

Yeah well they stopped washing those Prevosts way before the weather got cold so that excuse doesn't fly either.

I agree, they look about as bad as the Yukon units.

Edited by Cait Sith

I still don't agree with you on ENY, but w/e. The UP point, I agree.

Well below is ciboii's accounts... Only one example but I've seen enough of their buses to make that comment.  

Well whenever the buses gets fueled they would also get washed,
as long as the bus wash is working.

Yeah I guess someone kinda forgot about that part for the last several months... I think it's funny that UP is constantly slamming other depots about their maintenance when there's has been slipping for a while now even before the new Prevosts arrived.

Yeah I guess someone kinda forgot about that part for the last several months... I think it's funny that UP is constantly slamming other depots about their maintenance when there's has been slipping for a while now even before the new Prevosts arrived.

Well they have been washed, until it got to cold to use the wash.

As for the maintenance, (from what I heard) UP has/had the

lowest amount of road calls in brooklyn.

Well they have been washed, until it got to cold to use the wash.
As for the maintenance, (from what I heard) UP has/had the
lowest amount of road calls in brooklyn.

I would beg to differ because those buses looked quite dirty well before it became cold to the point that they couldn't wash them.  I don't think their buses are as bad as Yukon's but they're certainly no Yonkers or Eastchester that's for sure.

Lol.... If the outsides of these buses are as dirty as they are, I can't expect the insides of the suckers to be any better.... I am starting to notice roaches on buses - and I'm not going to put stock in whatever depot the buses came from or where they're housed at now.... It's immaterial to me, to be honest....

The way I view it - It's a testament to how careless, filthy, & disgusting the general public is, more than it is however lackadaisical or undermanned (staff at) a given depot is....

Lol.... If the outsides of these buses are as dirty as they are, I can't expect the insides of the suckers to be any better.... I am starting to notice roaches on buses - and I'm not going to put stock in whatever depot the buses came from or where they're housed at now.... It's immaterial to me, to be honest....

The way I view it - It's a testament to how careless, filthy, & disgusting the general public is, more than it is however lackadaisical or undermanned (staff at) a given depot is....

LOL... Is this on local or express and which line/lines? You've got a point but if the line goes through areas where the folks are filthy AND you have a depot that doesn't clean the buses, it just exacerbates things that much more. It's really amazing to me how dirty SI buses are (both local and express).  Gum all over the place, drinks, food and whole nine yards and now that I have removed myself from using SI buses daily (though still regularly), whenever I do use them, it's incredible how much filth I notice.   <_< 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I would beg to differ because those buses looked quite dirty well before it became cold to the point that they couldn't wash them.  I don't think their buses are as bad as Yukon's but they're certainly no Yonkers or Eastchester that's for sure.

Oh OK..... I'm not going to argue with you about dirty buses

In my opinion, all that should matter is that the bus gets

us to where we have to go safely! Not how clean it is.

They're sure not cleaning the insides either...I just rubbed my hand on a MHV bus window to clear off the fog and my hand came off caked in grey soot and dirt...

lol, i'd never touch the window with my hand even if it's foggy. Do it only using some napkin or such that you can throw out later.

Well below is ciboii's accounts... Only one example but I've seen enough of their buses to make that comment.  

Well I have rode some of their buses from the RTS to O7s and I do not believe the ENY buses are as bad as he and you (as you said you agreed with him about ENY not taking care of the buses) make them out to be.

Edited by Grand Concourse

lol, i'd never touch the window with my hand even if it's foggy. Do it only using some napkin or such that you can throw out later.

LMAO.... I do the exact same thing.  :lol: 

Well I have rode some of their buses from the RTS to O7s and I do not believe the ENY buses are as bad as he and you (as you said you agreed with him about ENY not taking care of the buses) make them out to be.

Eh well I see the dented up buses here and there so it's either they're sh*tty with maintenance or the B/Os are just rough as hell with those buses.  Sounds like a combination of both...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Via Garibaldi 8" data-cid="638093" data-time="1359391191"><p>

While I agree with you about ENY not taking care of their buses, Ulmer Park isn't much better. When are they going to clean their Prevosts? Buses are filthy already... Is it that hard for them to run them through the washers at the depot??</p></blockquote> Would you wash a bus under 30 degree weather??? I don't think so.... They will probably wash em Wednesday since it'll be way over 30 degrees.