• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is the last day that the original first stop for the M60 (125th/7th Ave).  Of course I wish they kept it for legacy reasons but I know why it's gone in 77 minutes.  Maybe that B32 has the potental to be the next breakout M60 if treated right.

I guess ENY is treating theirs good. Ulmer is running their shit into the ground. Hell, I've been on old-ass RTSes from ENY that weren't sloppy, breaking-apart shits like Ulmer's RTSes.

Ulmer Parks Xcelsiors are being taken cared of. Their RTS...idk haven't rode one in months.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

I guess ENY is treating theirs good. Ulmer is running their shit into the ground. Hell, I've been on old-ass RTSes from ENY that weren't sloppy, breaking-apart shits like Ulmer's RTSes.

And Jamaica got a lot of those RTS's. I can't wait for them to be retired and replaced.

We already know that ENY has Xcelsiors but wasn't it the original plan to have all Xcelsiors at Ulmer Park just like Castleton with 3Gs and Queens Village with LFS few years back?

There was no original plan.

ORIGINALLY in terms of assignments, ENY was supposed to get the Xcelsiors instead of Ulmer Park but they had some issues in-house.

Edited by Cait Sith

Over what?

Forgot to mention that ENY was originally slated for the rest of the test fleet when it was 30/30/30. Fresh Pond was also considered to be in the mix instead of Castleton.

I saw all the caps and bold letters, thought you was little heated.

Anyways, it changed, so maybe FP will get some in the next order, do you think any new buses would hit S.I?

Over what?

Forgot to mention that ENY was originally slated for the rest of the test fleet when it was 30/30/30. Fresh Pond was also considered to be in the mix instead of Castleton.

I saw all the caps and bold letters, thought you was little heated.

Anyways, it changed, so maybe FP will get some in the next order, do you think any new buses would hit S.I?

I'll put it this way.

When this is all said and done with, Staten Island's oldest buses should be the 4300 Series MCIs. If not those, the CTs.

Everyone is most likely getting a chunk of the order.

Sent from my Motorola Moto G.

I'll put it this way. When this is all said and done with, Staten Island's oldest buses should be the 4300 Series MCIs. If not those, the CTs. Everyone is most likely getting a chunk of the order. Sent from my Motorola Moto G.

I wonder if Yukon will send their older MCI's to Castleton... Castleton gets all of the hand-me-downs... lol

Saw 3Gs on the 2/3 shuttle earlier while I was heading out for a night on the town...didn't realize it was that bad where Staten Island comes out

Two SBS routes in one depot...holy shyt.

Quill does it already with the M34 and M34A...

Waited almost an hour for the B7 yesterday around 2pm (there were about 10 ppl. already waiting at halsey/saratoga; the first stop)..... In that time period, "not one, not two.." (Lebron reference there), but 3 buses made the turnaround (broadway > hancock) & went OOS.... Two of them had the B7 CI-Midwood destination sign too.....

When the 4th bus arrived (3pm), man oh man was that bus packed after the first 3 or 4 stops, and about 90% of the bus emptied out at church (I got off at snyder, the next stop south).... only 4 ppl. got on at church.... I kept saying to myself why this route sorely needs to be diverted elsewhere south of church.... The portion north of church gets good ridership, but for a bus to tank like that after only serving a third of the route, says enough for me....

But yeah, I don't know what was up w/ 3 buses going OOS like that.... It is really an FP thing, b/c I've never experienced anything like that when the B7 ran out of ENY..... I'm guessing to either head back to the depot, or do the (J) subway shuttle from B'way Junction..... Lol @ using buses on the B7 for the latter purpose, if that was the case..... Odd part is when I came home & checked bustime (kings hwy/snyder is about a good 10 min walk to the crib for me), all of a sudden there were 6 buses on the route (3 SB, 2 NB, with one idle at CI/Quentin).....

(J) and (M) Shuttle was bad, they sent in CP and BP drivers to do the shuttle. And ENY, FP, GA, UP, 126, and JG were already handling the shuttle (evey single bus was full). They didn't have enough buses from my viewpoint.

That, and the 50,000 red lights block after block (Are they even synced?).

Waited almost an hour for the B7 yesterday around 2pm (there were about 10 ppl. already waiting at halsey/saratoga; the first stop)..... In that time period, "not one, not two.." (Lebron reference there), but 3 buses made the turnaround (broadway > hancock) & went OOS.... Two of them had the B7 CI-Midwood destination sign too.....

When the 4th bus arrived (3pm), man oh man was that bus packed after the first 3 or 4 stops, and about 90% of the bus emptied out at church (I got off at snyder, the next stop south).... only 4 ppl. got on at church.... I kept saying to myself why this route sorely needs to be diverted elsewhere south of church.... The portion north of church gets good ridership, but for a bus to tank like that after only serving a third of the route, says enough for me....

But yeah, I don't know what was up w/ 3 buses going OOS like that.... It is really an FP thing, b/c I've never experienced anything like that when the B7 ran out of ENY..... I'm guessing to either head back to the depot, or do the (J) subway shuttle from B'way Junction..... Lol @ using buses on the B7 for the latter purpose, if that was the case..... Odd part is when I came home & checked bustime (kings hwy/snyder is about a good 10 min walk to the crib for me), all of a sudden there were 6 buses on the route (3 SB, 2 NB, with one idle at CI/Quentin).....

Lmfao Fresh Pond is just pure comedy.

Saw 3Gs on the 2/3 shuttle earlier while I was heading out for a night on the town...didn't realize it was that bad where Staten Island comes out

Quill does it already with the M34 and M34A...

That's gotta be a mess with the beach crowds, especially today and tomorrow now that the weather's nice. Plenty of people get to the beach with the 2/5 and Q35, they picked one hell of a weekend to do that GO.

(J) and (M) Shuttle was bad, they sent in CP and BP drivers to do the shuttle. And ENY, FP, GA, UP, 126, and JG were already handling the shuttle (evey single bus was full). They didn't have enough buses from my viewpoint.

That, and the 50,000 red lights block after block (Are they even synced?).

Well, you also have the 2 and 4 shuttles, which uses quite a lot of buses.

That's gotta be a mess with the beach crowds, especially today and tomorrow now that the weather's nice. Plenty of people get to the beach with the 2/5 and Q35, they picked one hell of a weekend to do that GO.

Or they could take the dollar van to the beach

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/nyregion/the-6-shuttles-to-fort-tilden-the-queens-riviera.html

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Well they do have artics out there from Manhattan and the Bronx, so that helps to a certain extent. Even QV was out there

Curious question,  just want to know why Gillig didn't want to do a deal with MTA?

2 reasons there was a demo here a few years ago and they did not like it, another reason why is that they won't do a deal cause there was an article going around  i think here or on subchat  regarding a bus shortage in the mid 90's and gillig was quoted as saying that they would go bankrupt if they did business with the NYCTA