BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

About the B4 comments upthread,most of the time the B4 is on BRP is because of garbage trucks on 77 St,not the BO's fault.

It happens at pretty much random times, in my case a bunch in the evening. That's not really a valid excuse for the BO running past a bunch of stops, including one at the R train.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better for longer runs and has more power in em. It's why the NGs after 3959 have them.

To expand, the reason some of the lead acid-lithium retrofits have those weird designs is because they were retrofitted in the early stages of the lithium -ion battery development/implementation and use some of the original mounting points/hardware of the lead acid batteries.

Edited by DaimlerBuses

About the B4 comments upthread,most of the time the B4 is on BRP is because of garbage trucks on 77 St,not the BO's fault.

lol... This happens throughout the route, and it isn't due to garbage trucks. I've seen the trucks on 77th near Narrows, but those trucks don't stay there the whole day so they can wait until they get around them.  The amount of passengers that are bypassed west of 4th Av is really inexcusable. It's already been stated that B/O's on the B4 layup at various points along the route and then start at random points along the route.  I had to make a stop in Bay Ridge a few months ago.  Luckily after stopping at my barber in Sheepshead Bay, I went to Stop & Shop for a snack and then walked over to the stop by Sheepshead Bay Road. Had I not done that I would've been waiting a good hour because a bus coming from the Bay Ridge direction suddenly went into service there and it was not on the schedule that a bus was supposed to start there.  I said to myself what in the heck is this.  I checked the schedule to see what bus he was supposed to be on my phone, and sure enough he was the bus that was supposed to pick me up further down the line near Ocean Av and at that time the bus was only running every 30 minutes.

They go wherever they want.  I've even had some B4's drop me along Shore Rd so that I can get the X27 back to the city.  I mean most of the B/O's are nice on the line, but they play too many games.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I caught 452 on the B37 not too long ago and the farebox wasn't working. Couldn't have any better luck.

I had the opposite luck. Decided to catch the 5 AM bus from Barclays. Both the 5 AM and 5:25 AM (the following bus) were MIA. Didn't catch the bus until 5:50 AM. Jackie Gleason pride right there. My metrocard didn't work anyways for some odd reason (although I was transferring from the subway), so whatever.

Tried taking pics at Shore Road, but my camera ran out of storage, and a select few buttons on my camera out of the blue decided to take a break and not work ("un-zoom", menu, flash, and function buttons). Pure murphy's law right there.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

2131 in service!!! Spotted on the deadhead from BM3 just now. Haven't seen or rode that bus in forever

Yeah, saw it on bustime in service like an hour ago. I wanna get my last shots of the 102 DWL3SS. Lucky for us, the 102 DWL3SS's arent as hyped by many people as the local buses, so fanning them is so much simpler.

Oh gotta catch em while I can

What are the bus numbers of the 102 DWL3SS

I wanna catch the non SI ones. However they see very limited service, sane the 3 SC units, they're placed on any weekday run.

SC: 2090, 2125, 2131

CP: 2065, 2073, 2080, 2096, 2102, 2118, 2120, 2138

Despite CP having more units and routes than SC, it's harder to find one nowadays. Best bet to find them is in the city (throughout the day). However, for best shots, you would have to go to the outer ends of each of the routes (in Queens, Brooklyn, or the Bronx). 

Yeah, they'll be around. They'll be around until the new Prevost order has fully arrived.

They should get rid of them... Hell we don't even use those buses and I've seen two buses break down in the last two weeks.  Last week, a BxM2 broke down by W 230th and Tibbett, and today the BxM1 that I was waiting for broke down by 261st and Riverdale Av.  I thought these buses were being overhauled??? What's the hold up? The early 30XX buses are certainly old enough now to receive a full overhaul.

They should get rid of them... Hell we don't even use those buses and I've seen two buses break down in the last two weeks.  Last week, a BxM2 broke down by W 230th and Tibbett, and today the BxM1 that I was waiting for broke down by 261st and Riverdale Av.  I thought these buses were being overhauled??? What's the hold up? The early 30XX buses are certainly old enough now to receive a full overhaul.

Yonkers doesn't have them anymore. Also, if they get rid of them right now, SI riders might wanna have a word with you first about the proposed amount of missing runs.

So it seems that 5677 and 5712 now sports a MTA BUS logo, its like the Q10 like the 2002-03 D60HFs better than the ones from storage?

Was it actually a good idea to move the ones from storage to a portion to a NYC BUS depots?