BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I would be screwed without BusTime, greatest MTA related thing in the world.

I agree, no longer have to waste time looking for rare buses like 2490 or 9114 on a SC route. Would have been GOAT if this was around when the Design line buses was running, as it was very hard to find them on Mantthanvile routes.

I agree, no longer have to waste time looking for rare buses like 2490 or 9114 on a SC route. Would have been GOAT if this was around when the Design line buses was running, as it was very hard to find them on Mantthanvile routes.

Good times huh lol.

I was on the express bus last night and something that looked odd on top of Bus #6402?  I believe that was the bus number.  Anywho, I believe it was the battery, but it didn't look like the standard ones that I normally see on those types of buses.  Was the battery changed on that bus? It looks a lot more cluttered and obvious.  At first I thought maybe it had something to do with the tracking device, but the battery or whatever that was took up much more space than usual.

I was on the express bus last night and something that looked odd on top of Bus #6402?  I believe that was the bus number.  Anywho, I believe it was the battery, but it didn't look like the standard ones that I normally see on those types of buses.  Was the battery changed on that bus? It looks a lot more cluttered and obvious.  At first I thought maybe it had something to do with the tracking device, but the battery or whatever that was took up much more space than usual.

I remember seeing an Orion VII that had an unusual tank thing on the top, it wasn't like the usual two packs that an ordinary Orion hybrid has, more like the CNG tank.

That's the Lithium-Ion battery on that bus. 4 of those units have those.

That thing is enormous... Takes up almost the entire roof... What's the difference between those and the other batteries that those buses usually have?

Better for longer runs and has more power in em. It's why the NGs after 3959 have them.

How do I report this a**hole? Again 7:15 guy does this. This is the umpteenth time this has happened with B4 drivers having plenty of layover time between runs (this guy was at last stop with like ten+minutes to spare) and still pulling this stunt stranding people waiting up to 40 minutes for the next bus. And aren't the MTA dispatchers supposed to catch this sort of shit now with the tracking system?

EDIT: f**king app has my location wrong there, so the MTA probably won't even take this shit as proof.

EDIT2: 7:35 bus was on time...but isn't on BusTime. JG drivers give zero f**ks.

This is the 7:15 guy being a dick:

9ajemyva.jpge6abymyj.jpgvuvyneba.jpg

Edited by Culver

Smh...it never fails. I was waiting for a B36 at Stillwell one day, and I just missed one that came at 11:34am, next TWO didn't come until 12:26pm. The driver in front moving all slow down the street, with the kneel down, and this bus was jammed pack and the front door was packed so the bus was like leaning forward rolling on the front wheels, probably cracking the axles when it hits bumps. Anyways, we leave stillwell, both buses have about 10-15 standees each, and the guy in front is just taking his precious time down the streets. The guy behind him doesn't even choose to pass him, and when we were at ocean parkway, I checked BusTime and the previous B36, was already on Nostrand and Ave Y going towards Coney Island. Then when I got off, I got on the B44 and those two mofos were on layover, like Wtf. The previous bus before their trip was at like Coney Island hospital and they relaxing. I thought MTA was watching this? I thought some of you said they can tell B/Os if their running too hot or too early?

Yeah drivers on the B4 absolutely suck, happened to me too bout a month ago I missed a bus at 11:09 AM in Bay ridge, bus 7591, bus 485 heads up to the last stop (I am at 4th and 77th by the way) the scheduled time comes and he is nowhere to be found, check bustime, nowhere, then I see him fly down bay ridge parkway and probably pick up at 4th and bay ridge parkway. I wound up waiting an hour for the next bus # 254. You are right JG drivers on the B4 don't give a damn that and the constant laying over in 6 million different damn places, bunching on 20 minute headways on the weekends idk how that is possible. Can this B4 situation be rectified?

Yeah drivers on the B4 absolutely suck, happened to me too bout a month ago I missed a bus at 11:09 AM in Bay ridge, bus 7591, bus 485 heads up to the last stop (I am at 4th and 77th by the way) the scheduled time comes and he is nowhere to be found, check bustime, nowhere, then I see him fly down bay ridge parkway and probably pick up at 4th and bay ridge parkway. I wound up waiting an hour for the next bus # 254. You are right JG drivers on the B4 don't give a damn that and the constant laying over in 6 million different damn places, bunching on 20 minute headways on the weekends idk how that is possible. Can this B4 situation be rectified?

I see they do that shit on the weekends, too. How does this keep happening and nobody at the MTA notices?

That was on a midday weekday but they do pull that shit on weekends too I have had my experiences too many times on that damn line since JG aquirred it.

Lots of people don't give a f**k, and we riders in South Brooklyn don't complain about shyt.

I see they do that shit on the weekends, too. How does this keep happening and nobody at the MTA notices?

You guys all need to write in every time that it happens because if they get enough people complaining, then they have to do something about it.  It's easier for them to ignore it if one person does it but you get 10 or 15 people do it and then they can't ignore it.  That happened one Friday night.  The last BxM2 of the night was a no show and people were furious.  Everyone was calling the depot wanting to know where that bus was and the guy was going crazy because he was receiving so many phone calls.  Then a ton of people wrote it into the (MTA) and that following Sunday they had dispatch lurking checking on that last bus.  It wasn't the same driver either but he noticed it and asked me what was going on and I told that the Friday 00:30 was a no-show, hence why there was not one but TWO dispatchers watching the line for that last bus.  One was parked over near Central Park West near 81st and then there was another one by Madison and 99th street. lol

I see this all the time when I'm in Bay Ridge and Sheepshead Bay and the first stop Narrows & 77th is a big problem.  What a lot of them do is deadhead over to Shore Rd, take that so far up and then go over to Jackie Gleason.  Same thing in Sheepshead Bay.  I see TONS of B4 buses laid up all over the place.  Voorhies and Ocean or along Shore Parkway, etc.  Why do they have so many lay up spots?

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

4862 sounds like a dump truck, btw; like some of those old messed up O5s in Staten Island.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They say it's the HVAC, idk how an HVAC causes it to sound like that.

4862 sounds like a dump truck, btw; like some of those old messed up O5s in Staten Island.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They say it's the HVAC, idk how an HVAC causes it to sound like that.