BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Well, for the QM15's to Manhattan, given the headways at that time, and they still managed to bunch, comes as a surprise for me. In the peak direction, oh well, happens every day. I don't know how bad it had to be for two buses on 60 minute headways (and the one behind was late as well) to bunch/run close to each other.

In other words, the QM24 trip home (or attempt, I should say) was horrible. I ended up taking the QM18 to 63 Drive and walking home. The 24 later caught up in Queens empty.

Thursday, the 3:00 PM never showed up at 3:10 (it was 5 minutes late). I saw the QM15 towards 57 st, a good 24 minutes late, and boarded. By radio city, it just rushes by, completely empty as well. This is why I prefer the 3rd Avenue QM24 by a long shot.

Lol @ the part in bold....

Well wait a second, you're the one that posted screenshots for compare & contrast purposes - The latter of which shows 3 outbound buses running relatively close to each other.... If you hadn't brought it up, no one would have thought about the inbound QM15's in the reverse peak direction....

Solely judging by the screens you posted, did you honestly think people here were gonna respond to the gap in inbound, reverse peak service?

The QM15 has had problems with irregular service (in this case, bunching) for years, and to read that it's still going on isn't much of a surprise.... The more you'll end up putting up with the 15, the more you're gonna realize this over time...

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One what? Anytime I use the BM3, I always get an MCI from the 2004 - 2008 period.

If you ride on the weekends then you're not gonna see a older MCI in service. I live in SC service area and I never seen a older MCI in service on the weekend.

On occasion you would see a CNG in service on a weekend, but I think that particular driver preferred the CNGs over the MCI.

If you ride on the weekends then you're not gonna see a older MCI in service. I live in SC service area and I never seen a older MCI in service on the weekend.

On occasion you would see a CNG in service on a weekend, but I think that particular driver preferred the CNGs over the MCI.

Yeah, but even during the week I don't see any old MCI's out of SC.  The oldest that I see are the 74XXs. Supposedly Yonkers has a few old MCI's too, and I have never seen one on the road, let alone rode one.

the BM3 still has a CNG?! havent seen a CNG on a BM route since 2007. Where and when is the best time/place to catch it because I would wanna ride it!

lol... Were they late today??

The 6:00 seems to be late (10-15 minutes)

The 3:00 PM actually got to the city two minutes early. Talk about something for a change.

There is also a hybrid (3707) on the QM15 now (approaching Union Tpke)

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

The 6:00 seems to be late (10-15 minutes)

The 3:00 PM actually got to the city two minutes early. Talk about something for a change.

Sometimes we get checkers on various occasions.  I guess they don't feel satisfied with the info that they get, so they send them out again to get a better idea of what the scene is like...