BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1. You're lucky, because with all the traffic yesterday, I don't know how that worked out.

2. Had to reread the kitty part to make sure it was what I thought it was. That's why I don't sit in the very back (not just the specific case of that, but for other reasons too).

3. Good ole Woodhaven local and limited acting up again (although with the 15, it always happens, the BM5, when something happens, it's really bad).

4. The "RIIS PARK" sign is to let people know it terminates at Riis Park. Most originate from Brooklyn anyway. The one that discharge riders either had an incorrect code or had to do an emergency run.

In bold: Good, I'm not the only one.

1: I caught the 6:10 trip (which got to 57th/6th around 6:30).... Hell, now that I break it down that way, it was less than an hour's ride, because I caught the 7:30 brooklyn bound Q35 with about 10 mins. to spare..... I'm looking at the qm16/17 timetable & it's scheduled to get to B 116th @ 7:31 - which wasn't actually the case yesterday, because I would have missed that 7:30 Q35 trip, having to wait another 30 mins. for the next one (with which my OP would've been of a different tone, had that happen).... Anyway, the ride on the LIE, there was a brief standstill that subsided rather quickly..... along Woodhaven is where this guy must have been flying on (as I dozed off for most of the ride along woodhaven).... The parts of it I was still awake, Woodhaven had no problems with traffic whatsoever... Matter fact, it seemed oddly empty along certain parts (like the overpass by the home depot, for example).....

2: Yeah, now that I think more about it, she was probably pleasuring herself (even though the bus had a little more than 1/2 a seated load).... That would explain that scowl she had on her face whenever I looked to my right (not necessarily at her all the time) - Which was of no justice to me, because I didn't find that Darlene-on-Roseanne (show) lookin broad attractive at all... I mean, who sits like that in the backseat, full knowing they got a dress on, and anyone can come sit opposite her while the bus is still making pickups in manhattan.......

3: Don't know what you're referring to.....

4: I'm not so sure I buy that... I believe those other 3 Queens bound buses I saw with the riis park destination sign, terminated at B 116th....

Now I know there used to be trips that actually terminated at riis (albeit on weekends... Don't know if that is currently the case though), but around 7:45-8pm on a weekday, nah... 

Checking out the Q35 schedule, yeah, I'm convinced - Having that sign up is to let people know it serves Riis Park, en route to B 116th.... Come to think of it, if trips from brooklyn around 8pm were ending at riis park, that would leave even greater waiting times for a bus back to brooklyn at B 116th....

Looking on the bright side, this was the first time in a while where I waited at B 116th, and I didn't hear any collective (or, at all) sucking of teeth, or asking what happened to this bus..... Maybe they actually fixed the problems that existed on the Q35 after the pm rush back to brooklyn; took em long enough if they did......

Maybe someone out here can help me out. Been looking at the (MTA) website for the last week or so and under the bus section there are reports of delays because of construction on the Gowanus Expressway. If my memory is correct many, if not most, of these bus routes have nothing to do with the expressway. B14, B15, for example. What am I missing here ? Carry on.

I never liked how they organize delays, or route diversions on the MTA site..... I don't want to see a range of bus routes, just do it by borough; Keep it simple....

I agree with you but c'mon the page has correct information interspersed with bus routes that run in Brownsville and East New York. I think that even Stevie Wonder can see that. It seems that the Gowanus construction is being used as a cover for almost every Brooklyn bus delay. I think that you, as a former S.I. express bus rider, BrooklynBus, and B35, can see the problem with the web page. Why can't someone at the (MTA) see it and correct it, even if it's not their direct responsibility. I used to call the PR people down at 370 Jay to correct them on their subway delay mistakes when warranted. Heck, they even gave me an award for it. Maybe I'm too old school but I took pride in my job because I was taught that way. Obviously things have changed since then. I can see a 1 or 2 hour mistake but not a 1 or 2 week mistake. Carry on.

LMAO !!

Edited by B35 via Church

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1: I caught the 6:10 trip (which got to 57th/6th around 6:30).... Hell, now that I break it down that way, it was less than an hour's ride, because I caught the 7:30 brooklyn bound Q35 with about 10 mins. to spare..... I'm looking at the qm16/17 timetable & it's scheduled to get to B 116th @ 7:31 - which wasn't actually the case yesterday, because I would have missed that 7:30 Q35 trip, having to wait another 30 mins. for the next one (with which my OP would've been of a different tone, had that happen).... Anyway, the ride on the LIE, there was a brief standstill that subsided rather quickly..... along Woodhaven is where this guy must have been flying on (as I dozed off for most of the ride along woodhaven).... The parts of it I was still awake, Woodhaven had no problems with traffic whatsoever... Matter fact, it seemed oddly empty along certain parts (like the overpass by the home depot, for example).....

2: Yeah, now that I think more about it, she was probably pleasuring herself (even though the bus had a little more than 1/2 a seated load).... That would explain that scowl she had on her face whenever I looked to my right (not necessarily at her all the time) - Which was of no justice to me, because I didn't find that Darlene-on-Roseanne (show) lookin broad attractive at all... I mean, who sits like that in the backseat, full knowing they got a dress on, and anyone can come sit opposite her while the bus is still making pickups in manhattan.......

4: I'm not so sure I buy that... I believe those other 3 Queens bound buses I saw with the riis park destination sign, terminated at B 116th....

Now I know there used to be trips that actually terminated at riis (albeit on weekends... Don't know if that is currently the case though), but around 7:45-8pm on a weekday, nah...

Checking out the Q35 schedule, yeah, I'm convinced - Having that sign up is to let people know it serves Riis Park, en route to B 116th.... Come to think of it, if trips from brooklyn around 8pm were ending at riis park, that would leave even greater waiting times for a bus back to brooklyn at B 116th....

Looking on the bright side, this was the first time in a while where I waited at B 116th, and I didn't hear any collective (or, at all) sucking of teeth, or asking what happened to this bus..... Maybe they actually fixed the problems that existed on the Q35 after the pm rush back to brooklyn; took em long enough if they did......

I never liked how they organize delays, or route diversions on the MTA site..... I don't want to see a range of bus routes, just do it by borough; Keep it simple....

LMAO !!

Poor lady maybe after a long day of work she needed some time to release her stress lol.

Isn't most of the Q35 ridership between Brooklyn college and Riis Park. I see people board by B.116st but most still head to the Q22 since it is more frequent especially in the summer.

What short trips does the Q35 have because according to the schedule it seems that all Q35 travel to and from B.116st and via Riis Park between 9AM-9PM on weekdays and from 7AM to 9:30pm on the weekends.

One last thing back in the PBL didn't the Q22 have a short turn in somewhere in Breezy Point and didn't the Q53 have select runs to Riis Park?

Someone must have taken this little rant of mine to heart, VG8, because I just checked the (MTA) Bus status page and all mentions of the Gowanus Expressway construction are gone. It just bothers an old crank like me that something like that can remain posted for so long without anyone inside the agency noticing how incorrect the information was. Maybe I should apply for the position on the PR staff. At least I know where the Gowanus is located. Carry on.

LMAO.... Seriously, you should.  It's evident that whoever posts the information has not a clue about transit or any of these neighborhoods.

1. Then it seems that traffic cleared off on the LIE when you were on the 16, because the situation was different before.

2. Probably a failed attempt to get some sleep.

3. Bunching

4. Well, the thing is, the RIIS PARK runs are never posted on the actual schedule. They also usually depart within minutes of a bus going the full route's departure, or minutes before. Now, since the B9 & B46 stopped serving Riis Park (imagining a route that prolonged would be a nightmare today), I know they (GBL back then) probably placed extra beach runs. I don't know if any of them had service on weekdays, but if they did, then there chance that there might be unscheduled Q35 runs from Brooklyn to Queens. 

With the Q22, there isn't a need of extra trips, because ridership usually dies down by after 116 towards Roxbury, so I don't suspect they have those runs only between RIIS and 116.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Im inclined to agree about the low floor artics sounding like shredders, all LFS' s in general (no fleet bias intended)

I don't like the LFS's, but most of the reason is the seat and pole configuration within the bus. I really hate standing towards the front on an already jammed-packed bus because there are many places to hold on should the driver halt quickly.

I don't like the LFS's, but most of the reason is the seat and pole configuration within the bus. I really hate standing towards the front on an already jammed-packed bus because there are many places to hold on should the driver halt quickly.

I hate almost everything about every low floor except for the Orion VII CNG, and the Orion VII Hybrid, the original one is okay

When the LFS' s were in Ulmer and I would ride them consistently what I liked the most was the fact that if you sat in one of the pair of seat facing the other pair in the back one could put thier feet up and be comfortable but as in the new LFSA order they are probably going to do away with that at the new order

When the LFS' s were in Ulmer and I would ride them consistently what I liked the most was the fact that if you sat in one of the pair of seat facing the other pair in the back one could put thier feet up and be comfortable but as in the new LFSA order they are probably going to do away with that at the new order

What do you mean by "put your feet up"?? Don't tell me you're one of those I" need to put my feet on the seats" types... If so is that really necessary?  Your feet belong on the ground, not on the seats.  People step in anything (including dog crap), and then go putting their feet up on the seats.  Disgusting... 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I hate almost everything about every low floor except for the Orion VII CNG, and the Orion VII Hybrid, the original one is okay

Why question is, why so much hate on low floors. Now I've seen some people describe their disdain for low floors, but this takes the cake.

What do you mean by "put your feet up"?? Don't tell me you're one of those I" need to put my feet on the seats" types... If so is that really necessary?  Your feet belong on the ground, not on the seats.  People step in anything (including dog crap), and then go putting their feet up on the seats.  Disgusting... 

This is why I generally don't use the local bus as much unless I'm going TO work (going home, the QM5 , becasue the 1 stops running to Manhattan at 4:40 PM, to the QM15/QM24/BM5 works perfectly. Sometimes I have to go to the city anyways, to finish off several things, so as to not leave them for the weekend).

Why question is, why so much hate on low floors. Now I've seen some people describe their disdain for low floors, but this takes the cake.

I don't like them because they're really cramped.  There is nowhere to stand on the 40 footers without someone bumping into you, and most people in an attempt to stand out of the way stand by the door.   The low floor artics do allow for you to stand in peace.  I think they should really reconsider the seat configuration on those buses, because it just doesn't work at all.

Ok @VG8 I only do that if there is no one back there even if there is someone back there but not sitting next to me I still put my feet down. 2nd there have been occasions where I sat down into something nasty so I make sure if my shoes arent dirty then I put em up and ik what you will say that they can never be clean and shit but if I have dirty 5 year old shoes then I difently dont put em up, and please like you never stretch out in the back of an express bus if there is no one on the bus I like to stretch out on the back seat and nap which I would suggest you do there is no law against it

I don't like them because they're really cramped.  There is nowhere to stand on the 40 footers without someone bumping into you, and most people in an attempt to stand out of the way stand by the door.   The low floor artics do allow for you to stand in peace.  I think they should really reconsider the seat configuration on those buses, because it just doesn't work at all.

Just blame their lazy asses for not moving up two steps. Now, if it was an elderly person, I would person, or a person with some other condition, but an able-bodied person should move to the BACK.

Ok @VG8 I only do that if there is no one back there even if there is someone back there but not sitting next to me I still put my feet down. 2nd there have been occasions where I sat down into something nasty so I make sure if my shoes arent dirty then I put em up and ik what you will say that they can never be clean and shit but if I have dirty 5 year old shoes then I difently dont put em up, and please like you never stretch out in the back of an express bus if there is no one on the bus I like to stretch out on the back seat and nap which I would suggest you do there is no law against it

Actually, there is a rule stating you can't take more than two seats, or you get a fine (if a police officer catches you).

In that case since we are on the shitting on byses path cough cough BxM4 cough I hate riding low floors in general I like RTS's the best

But here is the thing @BM5 on off peak express buses no one ever rides let alone police officers if someone wanted to sit there because the bus was fulll or it was a beautiful woman I would say sure but if there are 50 seats available and no one is getting on I can stretch out

Are you kidding me? "Stretching out" does not and should not consist of you putting your feet on the chair will people sit at.  And yes, no matter how new or "clean" your shoes are, they are never clean enough to put them on the seat.  I don't know where these teenagers get this behavior from, but growing up my mom would pop me one for doing something like that.  My idea of "stretching out" is basically crossing my legs and that most certainly doesn't consist of me putting my shoes in or on the seat.  Mind you I wear very expensive (sometimes handmade shoes), and regardless, I would never do that because it isn't appropriate regardless of how expensive or "clean" my shoes are.  It's called having consideration for other people.   You say that sometimes people leave stuff in the seat... I wonder where that comes from...  <_<

1.In that case since we are on the shitting on byses path cough cough BxM4 cough I hate riding low floors in general I like RTS's the best

2. But here is the thing @BM5 on off peak express buses no one ever rides let alone police officers if someone wanted to sit there because the bus was fulll or it was a beautiful woman I would say sure but if there are 50 seats available and no one is getting on I can stretch out

1. I honestly think most of the RTS should go. Either that, or let them run all the way out in the south fork of Long Island (Montauk, the Hamptons), and keep them there until they die or something (Lol).

2. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I think such woman would prefer to stand (not meant in an offensive way).

You fail to notice me saying that when im on the express bus I take my shoes off and ny socks are clean I guarantee you that. And I completely agree with you that stretching out is unacceptable, IF there is someone in the vicinity

Well I've seen people take their shoes off and then stretch out on the back seats and literally take a nap as if it was a bed.   <_< I don't find that acceptable either.  They're taking up FIVE seats when they paid for ONE.  Not only that, but it's an express bus, not your personal bed.  Again, really crass and tacky.  The seats already recline and I take a nap in the reclined chair.  That works just fine, this way you're not slobbering all over the chairs with the "clean" socks on that have been in your sweaty shoes.