fresh pond depot receives next gen hybrid

MTV Operator

Today when I reported for work a next gen hybrid bus #3966 from castleton depot was parked in front of the depot.this is the first of more to come from castleton depot.

Will these buses be cleaned up at all? What I mean is will they be actually cleaned inside and and get a good washing?? Castleton is know for filthy buses, so they should be cleaned if at all possible. :)

A POS depot giving beat up POS buses to another POS depot which doesn't know how to maintain shit. Makes perfect sense

I disagree completely, Fresh Pond does know how to take care of some of their RTSs, their recent batch came from 126th Street which has been maintained quite well. Castleton had those 3900s for the longest and the streets beat the hell outta them buses. Fresh Pond also gotta deal with streets that beat up their fleet too, every depot gotta deal with that mess! I was out at S.I for a few days and their 3900s were in good shape. It's gonna suck seeing those 3900s in Brooklyn, I would've liked to seen the higher 4000s get booted instead.

I disagree completely, Fresh Pond does know how to take care of some of their RTSs, their recent batch came from 126th Street which has been maintained quite well. Castleton had those 3900s for the longest and the streets beat the hell outta them buses. Fresh Pond also gotta deal with streets that beat up their fleet too, every depot gotta deal with that mess! I was out at S.I for a few days and their 3900s were in good shape. It's gonna suck seeing those 3900s in Brooklyn, I would've liked to seen the higher 4000s get booted instead.

Aside the NGs being new buses, why are they even sent to SI when the streets tears them up? Shouldn't SI have only HF buses?

When I was on the (M), I spotted an NG sitting adjacent from the (M) train yard with an RTS infront. I dunno If thats 2 of them or the same bus.

does anybody have the #?

There is only one as of 4 o clock today. Their should be more coming tonight and the coming days.

BTW my 1st post in this thread wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Sarcasm and satire doesn't translate well in text

A POS depot giving beat up POS buses to another POS depot which doesn't know how to maintain shit. Makes perfect sense

Boy I should kick you...and you live right there by bthe depot B)

But the Pond isn't that bad, its that them RTS are old and they were breaking down faster than they can be fixed...the negative effect of having a skeleton crew

EDIT...didn't see the sarcasm lol

Boy I should kick you...and you live right there by bthe depot B)

But the Pond isn't that bad, its that them RTS are old and they were breaking down faster than they can be fixed...the negative effect of having a skeleton crew

EDIT...didn't see the sarcasm lol

LOL! Alot of them are in bad shape and they need new buses and by new I mean brand new. I was hoping for LFS or XDE40 but oh well. I'll learn to like the NGs hopefully

Aside the NGs being new buses, why are they even sent to SI when the streets tears them up? Shouldn't SI have only HF buses?

I would assume its mostly political, S.I didnt have any new buses for their local fleet since 1998-99.

LOL! Alot of them are in bad shape and they need new buses and by new I mean brand new. I was hoping for LFS or XDE40 but oh well. I'll learn to like the NGs hopefully

Lol any RTS they got that isn't a 95xx is of retirement age anyway...and I was hoping for the XDE40s too but they got bumped out the "Big 3" (the 3 depots that needes new buses the most) by Castleton

I'll never love those NGs, but I'll get used to them

You guys probably won't love the NGs, but you'll get used to them [i have after like 3 years now]. Also they run pretty well. I still hate the seat layout at the back where the seats are facing inward than towards the front like in the older hybrids and CNG models.

I would assume its mostly political, S.I didnt have any new buses for their local fleet since 1998-99.

Good point. Though, if the roads are 'hostile' to lf buses, then SI should be running only HF buses or run the LFs on roads that are more 'flat/smooth'. This PC bs just messes stuff up.

You guys probably won't love the NGs, but you'll get used to them [i have after like 3 years now]. Also they run pretty well. I still hate the seat layout at the back where the seats are facing inward than towards the front like in the older hybrids and CNG models.

Good point. Though, if the roads are 'hostile' to lf buses, then SI should be running only HF buses or run the LFs on roads that are more 'flat/smooth'. This PC bs just messes stuff up.

I been taking them since they got in (when Flatbush got the 1st batch when I was in HS and almost every day and night on the M16 & Q67) and I'm not that fond of them. The only thing I like about them is the first 2 seats on the upper level when I can dangle my feet

Archived