(C) to become 10-Cars

There is speculation stating that the (C) will become 10-cars by the start of next year. This will be great because the (C) will be able to use the R38, R40M, R42 and R44 cars and can improve service. Hopefully, this will happen.

You're not improving service by adding more old cars.

You're not improving service by adding more old cars.

Well the reason for being able to run R40/40M/42 consists on the ©harlie if its 10 cars is that the MTA won't have to put C/R boards in at the 3/5 positions for those sets to run. That will enable the best performing cars in those fleets to stay in service on the line, and the worse performing cars in the R32/38 fleets to come out of service. Without those C/R boards, R40/40M/42's can't run on the ©harlie.

Yes you are the older the better!!! The (B)(E)(Q)(7) and (1) lines have great service with those great 32s 40s 62As and 68As!!!!

C'mon dude. The 62s and 68A's are not old. Their 22!:cool: or younger.. But I got you mean.. How Ill miss 68s/68A's on the (Q)......B)

This is good news to me as i use the (A)(C)(E) every time i'm in the city. At times square and 34th st penn station they are very much over crowded. One time i was coming back from somewhere uptown and the (C) was too crowded to let me off at times square so i ended up getting off at 34/penn and walking the 9 blocks.

- Andy

Increasing capacity yes but not improving service. I bet if you would ask any daily (C) line commuter they would say the same thing.

Hold on, hold on. In the near future, improvision of service will come. this is just temporary.

Increasing capacity yes but not improving service. I bet if you would ask any daily (C) line commuter they would say the same thing.

Exactly. Just because the capacity has been increased doesn't mean anything other than having more room. I've been on the C plenty of times. A few of them I could have sworn I was in a 3rd world country! But I only take it between B'way Jctn and Euclid..... So who am I to talk!

Hold on, hold on. In the near future, improvision of service will come. this is just temporary.

That will be nice.

The (C) only really gets crowded in Manhattan and theres still seats most of the time.The 10 car service isnt necessary.Hell, they might as well bring back the AA since the (A) runs local more than the (C).GIve those cars to other needy lines..I dont know the (G) so maybe Brooklynites and Queensites can stop bitching lol

8 cars, 10 cars, Dave who cares right. Our job is just to move the train from point A to Point B. The one thing I have carried over from buses was something one driver told me. He said "No matter how packed the Bus gets, you will aways have a seat." This goes true as a T/O. I can't say much for the C/R's on the (C), since they have only a small cab, but if it was a full cab that would go for them to.

The one thing I have carried over from buses was something one driver told me. He said "No matter how packed the Bus gets, you will aways have a seat."

What happened after they took him for a random? The buses get so packed now, you have to leave people and bypass stops. I had no leader one day last week and had to bypass all stops from 192st-181st. Crush loaded............

What happened after they took him for a random? The buses get so packed now, you have to leave people and bypass stops. I had no leader one day last week and had to bypass all stops from 192st-181st. Crush loaded............

That always happens on my M11 buses due to the students and the morning commute uptown.

NEXT BUS PLEASE

Adding cars to the (C) is a good thing, but what they will need to do now is add a few more rush trips to the buses that connect with it. Broadway Junction bound buses are crush loaded a lot at rush, so the added load of passengers on a 10 car train, means more people transfering to and from buses at major points in Brooklyn like Ralph Av, the Junction, Liberty, and Euclid Avs. Thats why routes around that area operate mosly RTS's. The Hybrids can only handle the area off peak, and on the B25.

The (C) runs so infrequently as it is, that I doubt it will even make a difference. This Friday afternoon around 1:45, I was at 42nd Street, and four (E) trains came before a (C) did.

That's funny, the oposite happened to me several times. I used to take the (E) to WTC path station, but now the connection isn't there anymore, so you gotta come up to street level. I end up taking the (A)(C)(2)(3) not even bother with the (E) or (1) coming in/going home.

- Andy

Archived