Stranded straphangers begin drive to bring back bus service to Queens

Shortline Bus

I don't think that it is right that entire routes were eliminated when they could've cut some trippers instead (of course, I'm referring to routes like the B4, B64, B71, etc that actually carried a decent number of people)

NOW you are talking like a genius. I saw B44 trippers they are beyond wasteful. I was on a B44 LIMITED from sheepshead as I reached nostrand I saw a tripper also LIMITED going in the same direction I understand crowding is an issue BUT the bus I was on had 4 ppl while the tripper basically ROBBED ridership from the full rte bus trip which is wrong o and this was at night.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NOW you are talking like a genius. I saw B44 trippers they are beyond wasteful. I was on a B44 LIMITED from sheepshead as I reached nostrand I saw a tripper also LIMITED going in the same direction I understand crowding is an issue BUT the bus I was on had 4 ppl while the tripper basically ROBBED ridership from the full rte bus trip which is wrong o and this was at night.

I didn't realize that they had limited-stop trippers.

Just out of curiosity, what time was it, and how do you know it was a tripper rather than just a short-turn?

By my school, there are a couple of trippers from I.S.61, which is further east on Castleton Avenue. By the time they reach my school in Port Richmond, they have very few students (out of the three buses that usually pass by, one might have a seated load while the other two are almost empty). If they don't want to short-turn them (and make it easier for them to go back to the depot), they might as well use them to replace one of the trippers from my school.

I didn't realize that they had limited-stop trippers.

Just out of curiosity, what time was it, and how do you know it was a tripper rather than just a short-turn?

I aint never heard of no limited school tripper either... good chance he's mistaking it for an earlier bus that left knapp st.... Limited's travel the full route of a given bus route....

B44 Limited school trippers? I don't believe that for a second.... the whole point of a school tripper is to serve the schoolkids as best as possible; meaning, serving every local stop along the route from that point onward.....

B44 school trippers are wasteful... oh excuse me, "beyond wasteful"???....

I don't know what sheepshead this dude talkin about, but it can't be the one in brooklyn.... I would say the B44 trippers are the MOST used/packed out of all the trippers in the system.....

and school trippers don't run at night... lmfao....

B44 Limited school trippers? I don't believe that for a second.... the whole point of a school tripper is to serve the schoolkids as best as possible; meaning, serving every local stop along the route from that point onward.....

I don't know what sheepshead this dude talkin about, but it can't be the one in brooklyn.... I would say the B44 trippers are the MOST used/packed out of all the trippers in the system.....

SORRY my bad it was a short turn not a school tripper I didn't know the difference. You win that was my mistake I meant to say short trip not school service. I am not familiar with transit jargon completely.

SORRY my bad it was a short turn not a school tripper I didn't know the difference. You win that was my mistake I meant to say short trip not school service. I am not familiar with transit jargon completely. I was referring to short trips.:cool:

I remember long time ago, during weekday, I took ETC-bound S56 School Tripper from Tottenville High School (after using internet at library)

S56 School Tripper was packed and no other public except me did not ride this bus.

It was very awful, because this students are behaving badly.

Throwing paper balls, tossing backpacks back and forth. I remember one of female student who was sitting next to me was trying to focus on her homework.

It had suburban seat I think.

This was before Doomsday Service Cut.

SORRY my bad it was a short turn not a school tripper I didn't know the difference. You win that was my mistake I meant to say short trip not school service. I am not familiar with transit jargon completely. I was referring to short trips.:cool:

aight, buuuuttttt....

you don't have to know transit lingo to know that a SCHOOL tripper runs during SCHOOL hours.....

you hurt yourself where you said that happened to you at night, on that one....

I'm doubting it was a short turn also.... if it's a bus that you were on that was reaching nostrand, in sheepshead bay, that means this had to be a northbound bus.... if you saw another LTD bus which you say robbed the riders from the bus you were on, this had to have been a bus going in the same direction you were....

All northbound B44 Limited's start from Knapp st....

....and furthermore, who complains when they're on the emptier bus ?

Let's cut the crap.... Did this scenario even happen ?

aight, buuuuttttt....

you don't have to know transit lingo to know that a SCHOOL tripper runs during SCHOOL hours.....

you hurt yourself where you said that happened to you at night, on that one....

I'm doubting it was a short turn also.... if it's a bus that you were on that was reaching nostrand, in sheepshead bay, that means this had to be a northbound bus.... if you saw another LTD bus which you say robbed the riders from the bus you were on, this had to have been a bus going in the same direction you were....

All northbound B44 Limited's start from Knapp st....

....and furthermore, who complains when they're on the emptier bus ?

Apparently him, checkmate and amtrak. LOL

Apparently him, checkmate and amtrak. LOL

lol.... that's f****d up....

"To show how much I feel about empty buses being wasteful.... I'm waving off the empties, and sardining my way onto the next PACKED bus that comes."

^^ I understand voicing an opinion & standing behind a cause, but anyone that'll go that far has got to be a zip damn fool....

"To show how much I feel about empty buses being wasteful.... I'm waving off the empties, and sardining my way onto the next PACKED bus that comes."

^^ I understand voicing an opinion & standing behind a cause, but anyone that'll go that far has got to be a zip damn fool....

actually I wasn't complaining just stating what happened that's all.

I remember long time ago, during weekday, I took ETC-bound S56 School Tripper from Tottenville High School (after using internet at library)

S56 School Tripper was packed and no other public except me did not ride this bus.

It was very awful, because this students are behaving badly.

Throwing paper balls, tossing backpacks back and forth. I remember one of female student who was sitting next to me was trying to focus on her homework.

It had suburban seat I think.

This was before Doomsday Service Cut.

Lol...I'd rather ride the Tottenville H.S. school runs than the Susan Wagner H.S. school runs...trust me when I say this, the Susan Wagner kids are worse. I was on an S61 from the school to the mall and the kids were unruly, but the latest I've ever been on an S55/56 from the school was 12:15 when seniors get out early. If anything they talk loud on the bus but I've never had any problems with the kids at all.

LMAO

Yup, that's me. I don't care if I have to wait for hours, I'm not getting on an empty bus. B)

Kidding, of course.

I aint never heard of no limited school tripper either... good chance he's mistaking it for an earlier bus that left knapp st.... Limited's travel the full route of a given bus route....

I'm 99.9% sure they have a Q44 Limited that runs from John Bowne High School to 14 st in Whitestone or Flushing/Main Street.

I'm 99.9% sure they have a Q44 Limited that runs from John Bowne High School to 14 st in Whitestone or Flushing/Main Street.

Yeah, I know of the Q44 trippers.... Q44 itself is a limited route in its own right....

the exception doesn't swallow the rule.....

All Q44 trippers from Bowne H.S., Townsend Harris H.S., and I.S. 219 run LIMITED, whether northbound (to Roosevelt or 14th Avenue) or southbound (mostly to Merrick/Archer, with a few turned short at Sutphin/Jamaica). That complies with the Federal rules regarding school trippers because the LIMITED is the Q44's normal service pattern during daylight hours.

Archived