Excessive Heat Advisories for Thu 7/21/11 and Friday 7/22 as temps in NYC area expected to hit 100

Shortline Bus

Guys ready for Thursday 7/21/11 and especially Friday 7/22/11? The National Weather Service had issued excessive Heat Advisories for both those days as temps in the NYC area and much of the Northeast US is expected to hit at or near 100 both days. Heat index(aka summer version of wind chill factors)may hit as high as 110 degrees.

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/11201:4?phenomena=EH&significance=A&areaid=NYZ075&office=KOKX&etn=0001

The big question is what the humidity is going to be like...i mean yesterday it was 91 and it was actually pretty pleasant because the humidity was down.

Edit: Ok I just checked the weather link again. I'll stick to my original statement of hiding under the fan.

I am sorry to hear about the heatwave up there i remember when i lived in Baltimore 95 was the end of the world but down here in Texas it has been over 100 for over 2 weeks like 85 at night we have a little less humidity but it is still way too hot for me and some of our buses are overheating Thank goodness we have AC at work

I am sorry to hear about the heatwave up there i remember when i lived in Baltimore 95 was the end of the world but down here in Texas it has been over 100 for over 2 weeks like 85 at night we have a little less humidity but it is still way too hot for me and some of our buses are overheating Thank goodness we have AC at work

Hey all of you folks down in Texas and the Midwest/South have had it bad.

If NYC had 2 weeks of 100-degree plus temps, hate to dare bring it up but true, the city would go 'dark' with blackouts.:eek:

If NYC had 2 weeks of 100-degree plus temps, hate to dare bring it up but true, the city would go 'dark' with blackouts.:eek:

:eek: You have spoken the forbidden word!!! *thunderous skies go off* May you forever be damned to hell!!!

They say that this giant heat wave is being created by something called a heat bubble. The heat bubble is created during a La Nina. The jet stream moves farther north bringing wetter conditions to the north while creating a massive surge of heat and dryness in the south.

I think folks are a bit more conservative these days. Here in my office building, we have AC, but they clearly have to cut back on really hot days. I'll beat the heat by eating in nearby restaurants. Today I had lunch in Grand Central at one of my Spanish spots "La Fonda del Sol". Tomorrow I'm not sure where I'll go, but Friday I have the afternoon off, so I will venture down to Fig & Olive for a nice Mediterranean lunch down by Chelsea/Meatpacking District. :cool:

MEN like the heat for what it brings.... or should I say, brings OUT.....

*insert 2 pictures of some scrawny white women with a flatback-to-waist ratio of minus 1, here*

^^ smmfh....

anyway.... although I prefer the cold, I don't complain about the heat....

long as I have an AC & a couple fans in the arsenal, I'm good to go....

MEN like the heat for what it brings.... or should I say, brings OUT.....

*insert 2 pictures of some scrawny white women with a flatback-to-waist ratio of minus 1, here*

^^ smmfh....

Flatback as in flat @ss?? LOL Seems like that's all I'm seeing these days are extremely overweight chicks :eek: or stick figures. I did see a nice chick w/nice knockers today as I was at one of the International News stands during my lunch getting an Italian paper before heading over to La Fonda del Sol. Certainly made me hungry in more than one way. LOL Lunch was great, but would've been better with something to look at.

MEN like the heat..... for what it brings.... or should I say, brings OUT

^^ smmfh....

Not only that but being cold is just annoying. I mean I can deal with the A/C in cars/buses/trains but when its 18 degrees out windy/cold rain, that's a whole 'nother story....

As someone who has a sweating issues I'm not looking forward to this heat wave.

I sweat like a fire hydrant smh, when I was in HS I remember walking from the Brighton Beach (:)/(Q) station to my HS which only like a three block walk, everyone else that did the same walk is fairly dry, wheres me I'm sweating like a just played full court B-ball.

Crazy cause after I went though the Metal Detectors I go in the Bathroom to get some paper towels to wipe myself off, dudes was in there gambling (My school was pretty ghetto lol) and dudes made mention of my excessive sweating, they ASKED me if I was playing Basketball SMH, and mind you this was like in May or June.

I remember going into a Burger King once on a warm day and the bitch ass cashier was talking crap about my sweating, I hate this ish.

These guys have no idea how scary it is when you drive on black ice at 3 in the morning, or driving in a snowstorm at the same time with 0 visibility.

I do and still I say WHITEOUT Conditions for me but don't get me wrong 6ave has had just wall to wall T & A barely naked so a plus on that.

Archived