R-44 back in service

The Real

There has not been an R44 on the road in months, school car doesn't break people in on them, and they are a hazard. Even when school car was still breaking people in on them in the fall, they could not go past Euclid. I won't believe a word of this until I see a photo. But that's just me.

And there is R-44s missing from Concourse as well, AND one another occasion in the last month I spotted a R-44 moving OUT of the 207th barn, something isn't right...

(And I don't smoke weed OR drink)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To hell with this, I'm going hunting tomorrow since I'm off work, I'm taking one for the team and bearing the heat underground for a few hours, I'm getting to the bottom of this FOR SURE with its the R-44 or this 5900-Series car that is supposedly like a R-44.

And there is R-44s missing from Concourse as well, AND one another occasion in the last month I spotted a R-44 moving OUT of the 207th barn, something isn't right...

(And I don't smoke weed OR drink)

Well after a call to the yard dispatcher at Pitkin who responded "what do u want me to do lose my job?" to the question of R44s on the road today, I an certain there were none out there. Hell they can't even move them in the yard without horses. Also, any car that are "missing" have just been moved to another yard,

Well after a call to the yard dispatcher at Pitkin who responded "what do u want me to do lose my job?" to the question of R44s on the road today, I an certain there were none out there. Hell they can't even move them in the yard without horses. Also, any car that are "missing" have just been moved to another yard,

Now I KNOW the horses is pure bull dude, I'm sorry, now FOR CERTAIN I saw a 4-car set of R-44s moving around 207th, RECENTLY without ANY help from a diesel or another subway car. That's for certain, ain't no doubts about that.

Now that my friend keeps telling me about this 5900-Series car, ok fine that MAY be what I saw, but like I said in my previous post above, I'm going out hunting tomorrow since I have the day off to get to the bottom of this. And I ain't got time to waste like that, but I am. I hate I can't get this damn vid off my phone. Shit all happened way too fast.

Gotta say, I managed to embarrass myself pretty good on the (D) Train, we pulled into 59th, I looked up, the last car of that (C) was flying its ass out the station. I gasped so damn loud, the whole car turned around.

I've done that before! I was on the (J) platform at Halsey street about to go to my brothers apartment, and here comes the first R160 testing on the line. I said "Hell F*** Yeah!" The whole platform turned and looked at me like look at this fool!

Embarrassed I was!

The 5900's are R46's. Spend your time looking up the train car numbers first. Go to NYC Subway.org.

That is your LAST insult, I know what the hell the fleet numbers are of the R44s and R46s (AS I run the subway yard roster at TTMG). Ok?! We clear?!

Just checked your profile, you 17...I was riding R44s and R46s when they had BLUE stripes and NO digital signs and you wasn't even a thought to your parents, get outta here!

I've done that before! I was on the (J) platform at Halsey street about to go to my brothers apartment, and here comes the first R160 testing on the line. I said "Hell F*** Yeah!" The whole platform turned and looked at me like look at this fool!

Embarrassed I was!

Lol...I remember my friend and I spotted an LFS on the S79 back in April. We almost washed away the entire Staten Island Mall with foam, heh.

Lol...I remember my friend and I spotted an LFS on the S79 back in April. We almost washed away the entire Staten Island Mall with foam, heh.

It's our hobby man, call me a foamer (which I absolutely hate that term), drooler, nut case, wack job, whatever have you, I enjoy this shit!

If you're gonna hunt, hunt properly, instead of killing yourself for like 3-4 hours at the end of a line, the best thing to do (which is what I'm going to do), is to wait close to the middle of the line and watch both directions until you see the first trains you saw in each direction make the rounds back. That's faster than waiting at the ends.

R44s are not back in service so that will be a total waste of time, but there should be about 10 trains of R32s on the (A) today. A friend of mne was making up 10 car trains last night, the (C) will have a few 10 car trains today.

Archived