R68A N and Q, and R46 C

ConductorB

Lately I've been seeing R68A's on the (N) and (Q), and R46's on the (C). Is this permanent? Could this have anything to do with reroutings, retiring trains, or the (G) using R68's from Coney Island? It's very confusing and also there's nothing about it on wikipedia. According to wikipedia, R46's run on the (A)(F)(R) and Rockaway Park (S), R68's run on the (:o(D)(G) and Franklin Ave (S), and R68A's run on the (:o...:confused:

The R46s are on the (C) because A/C issues with the R32s... they put 32s on the (A) because of the outdoor run which is better for their A/C units vs being underground all day on the (C).

IDK about your second question but whatever the reason is putting 68/68As on the (N) & (Q) lines... I'm lovin it! :cool:

P.S I seen 2xxx R68 on the (Q) line on Saturday night.

thanks lol. do you know if the R32's on the (A) are running in 8 or 10 car trains. also this makes me think that they should've kept less r32's (since theyre older than the R42's) and used them as the extra trains for the (J) and (Z), since theyd run outside and they can run in 8 car trains and the train could stop at the 8 car mark with the conductor in the middle. and since the R44's were in worse shape and would need to run R42's for a bit longer, they should have them in 10 car trains, maybe on the (F) or (R), and the (A) and (C) would be all R46

R46 (C) train & R32 (A)(S) train

The reason they put R46 on the (C) and R32 on the (A) & Rockaway Pk Shuttle is because the R32 HVAC works better above ground. The R46, as people already know, has a much better HVAC.

R68/A (N) & (Q) trains

The reason they are putting R68/A from the (:o on the (N) & (Q) during weekends and late nights is because the R160's are racking up too many miles. If they continue to rack up miles, it would void the contract for the R160's and then the (MTA) couldn't run the R160's at all and that would be a major problem.

The R46s are on the (C) because A/C issues with the R32s... they put 32s on the (A) because of the outdoor run which is better for their A/C units vs being underground all day on the (C).

IDK about your second question but whatever the reason is putting 68/68As on the (N) & (Q) lines... I'm lovin it! :cool:

P.S I seen 2xxx R68 on the (Q) line on Saturday night.

There was a thread somewhere with the same question, some R68's and 68A's are running on (N) and (Q) lines because they want to ease the mileage on the R160's.

thanks lol. do you know if the R32's on the (A) are running in 8 or 10 car trains. also this makes me think that they should've kept less r32's (since theyre older than the R42's) and used them as the extra trains for the (J) and (Z), since theyd run outside and they can run in 8 car trains and the train could stop at the 8 car mark with the conductor in the middle. and since the R44's were in worse shape and would need to run R42's for a bit longer, they should have them in 10 car trains, maybe on the (F) or (R), and the (A) and (C) would be all R46

The 32s on the (A) run in 10 car trains.

R46 (C) train & R32 (A)(S) train

The reason they put R46 on the (C) and R32 on the (A) & Rockaway Pk Shuttle is because the R32 HVAC works better above ground. The R46, as people already know, has a much better HVAC.

R68/A (N) & (Q) trains

The reason they are putting R68/A from the (:o on the (N) & (Q) during weekends and late nights is because the R160's are racking up too many miles. If they continue to rack up miles, it would void the contract for the R160's and then the (MTA) couldn't run the R160's at all and that would be a major problem.

OMG! how they up in miles already?? its only been 5 yrs for the CI R160's.. why does mileage matter? look at the R32's... they are waaaaaaayyy up in mileage! its been 47 yrs for them! whats changed?

Probably something to do with the warranty. If they pass a certain point and anything happens to those trains, then the MTA is responsible for them rather than the buildier. At least that's what I believe.

Which is precisely what a warranty is.

Which is precisely what a warranty is.
if anything happens to them? has anyone seened the Jamaica R160's?? great example 9343-9347 or 9848-9852...they look terrible after the graffiti clean up. but anything in terms of breakdowns? cause thats happened plenty of times. so i really dont get this mileage thing. R32's another example...i guess the (MTA) is responsible for them huh?

What exactly the warranty is and what are excluded, I dunno, I don't work in car equipment. But think of it as a car warranty when you buy a car, certain costs are covered, others are not. Same thing with leasing a car, all is good as long as you don't go over the yearly allotment.

What exactly the warranty is and what are excluded, I dunno, I don't work in car equipment. But think of it as a car warranty when you buy a car, certain costs are covered, others are not. Same thing with leasing a car, all is good as long as you don't go over the yearly allotment.

ahh, Nice way to put it. makes sense. Thanks!! :o :tup::tup:

the only reason why the miles are high is because when a dispatcher is supposed to lay up a train 9 times out of 10 it would be a 46 or 68. leaving the 160s running day and night. so in order to not void the warrenty they are running the old shit and laying up the 160s after the rush hour. no conspiracies going on. it just boils down to money, low miles company fix it free. high miles mta pays to fix it. as far as i know rci's only clean the trains internals. they are not really allowed to do any repairs because that would also void the warrenty.

With all the talk of trying to run the 160's less; I saw something today I thought I wouldn't see again for a while: one on the (R)! (arrived at CTL at 1500).

I was following it or it following me all day today on the (R), couldn't snag it (and that nice A/C) for nothing.

They run R68As on the (N) and (Q) on occasion. The R46s are only on the (C) because of the R32's crappy Air Conditioning system. When the weather gets cool in late September and early October, the R46s will go right back to the (A). In fact, the reason why the MTA kept some of those R44s was because of that R32 Air Conditioning issue.

Archived