New NYC Buses!

DanTheTransitMan

+1 for the XD60. This beautifully(I mean BEAUTIFULLY) designed bus in 60 foot form? I just gotta see it. I want to go to NYC just to see this bus.(NYC's MTA is the only transit agency I know that's getting 60 foot Xcelsiors)

I'm with you on that.

xcelsior_7.jpg

XD60 FOR LIFE!!!

Don't forget the bus in the pic above is the XC60. The XD60 will not have the BRT styled roof, and will look like it's XD40 counterpart.

This one is tough for me...

I'm anticipating delivery of both the Orion VII 3G and XD60 the most. However, like the XD40, I just don't like the HVAC location or housing.

Don't forget the bus in the pic above is the XC60. The XD60 will not have the BRT styled roof, and will look like it's XD40 counterpart.

This one is tough for me...

I'm anticipating delivery of both the Orion VII 3G and XD60 the most. However, like the XD40, I just don't like the HVAC location or housing.

i second that. if it weren't for the HVAC unit on the rood of the XD40 (which really shouldn't be there unless the bus has a rear window) it would be the best looking bus i have ever seen. now that title might go to the O7 3G non hybrid..

You guys have only seen a LOW resolution pic of the XD40 at ONE angle from the New Flyer site. Wait until you actually see the bus in person, or atleast a good picture of the whole bus. Even still, it still looks great, and I have to disagree on the O7 3G. Even if the HVAC position on the XD40 sucks, it still looks like a far more superiorly designed bus.

I got my fingers crossed for the XDE40

You may need to keep those fingers crossed for quite sometime then! The earliest we could possible see an XDE40 order would be likely be early 2013, if at all.:(

You guys have only seen a LOW resolution pic of the XD40 at ONE angle from the New Flyer site. Wait until you actually see the bus in person, or atleast a good picture of the whole bus. Even still, it still looks great, and I have to disagree on the O7 3G. Even if the HVAC position on the XD40 sucks, it still looks like a far more superiorly designed bus.

I have seen a few XD40's, and I don't like it on any of them! The only one that looks halfway decent is Oakville Transit's. I will try and get a piic this evening.

I'm praying MTA get's some of these XC60's in the future!

NewFlyerXC60.jpg

Photo Courtesy Alex Regiec

The HVAC looks awesome to me. In fact it looks pretty badass. Certainly looks better than the older D40LFs with HVACs...(especially the D40LFs used by Santa Monica Big Blue Bus)

Santa Monica Big Blue Bus New Flyer D40LF #3864

that it a really nice depot. its so clean a spacious, unlike that place that i have to spend 8 - 16hrs a day in (old, dirty, dark hole in the wall aka 126th st depot)

I don't get it with the HVAC on this bus...If RTS's, Orion V's, Orion V11's, new flyer C40LF's, and MCI's can stuff all of its non compressor A/C components in the top rear corner of a bus, why can't Novabus LFS's (40') and this new flyer XD40 do it???

{oh yeah...i love the pic of the O7 NG non hybrid}

You may need to keep those fingers crossed for quite sometime then! The earliest we could possible see an XDE40 order would be likely be early 2013, if at all.;)

If so I would love to see the XDE40 being based at:

- Ulmer Park

- East New York

- Flatbush

- Jamaica

- Casey Stengel

- Kingsbridge

- Hale

- Manhattanville

- Castleton

- Eastchester

Just a random thought.

Anything from Orion International.:)

Agreed, I was a fan of Orion buses from V to VII. Wonder when the VIII will be released.

Right now, I am dr:drool::drool:ling for those 3G's to come to CS, but they wont. :cry: But I do hope they move those buses around depots once there done testing in the depots.

@NovaCSW8030

Xcelsior at CS = :drool:;)

Archived