New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 8:28 AM, 46Dover said:

Well I guess I won’t be holding my breath to see new buses in Wayne (freaking Oradell 😡😡😡)

Maybe the electric D45CRT or standard floor new look MCI cruiser electrics  are in line to replace the 7100s and 9000s in the future🤷🏾‍♂️. Remember Wayne is up after Camden and Newark  to have their facility retrofitted with some charging stations

2 hours ago, FlxMtroD said:

Maybe the electric D45CRT or standard floor new look MCI cruiser electrics  are in line to replace the 7100s and 9000s in the future🤷🏾‍♂️. Remember Wayne is up after Camden and Newark  to have their facility retrofitted with some charging stations

I’ll look more into that especially since I work out of Wayne. If that’s the case I’m immediately putting in for field salary work.  I despise those low floor MCIs.  Now if they came without, like a D4520 model I saw testing, then maybe I’ll change my tune

21 hours ago, 46Dover said:

I’ll look more into that especially since I work out of Wayne. If that’s the case I’m immediately putting in for field salary work.  I despise those low floor MCIs.  Now if they came without, like a D4520 model I saw testing, then maybe I’ll change my tune

The D4520s are essentially J4500 Commuter Coaches 

Same with the CRT it’s basically a J series with the height of a D4500CT.

As of now NJT is working with MCI to change the drivers area for the D45 CRT LE. NJT spec team is looking to change a lot.

The first D45 CRT will go to Egg Harbor/Washington Twp/Newton Av and Meadowlands, which push the 18000s to Market St and Wayne. 

I honestly think they should put 4008-4044 in Market Street.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

Back to the 22000 series.... 22018 22087 and 22088 inspected today. The Winnipeg flight of buses (22056-22088) is done for NJT, all those VINs are now confirmed (and in numerical order, too). I don't know who's building the Academy buses at this point; there are supposed to be 30.

On 6/2/2022 at 11:02 AM, 553 Bridgeton said:

And I’m going to say good riddance those 18000s are terrible at best. You guys have the updated ISX12s 19150s on up. The low 19000s you have are just like the 18000s.

FYI #19104, #19120-19127 all have the Cummins X12 engine, not the weak ISX12.

On 6/3/2022 at 2:35 PM, jmel247 said:

FYI #19104, #19120-19127 all have the Cummins X12 engine, not the weak ISX12.

19104 and 19119-19127. The idea behind those (and they were all test buses) was that almost every garage that was scheduled to get cruisers would get two of the 2019 units with the X12 engine. Wayne, Ironbound, Howell, Meadowlands, and Newton Ave. I guess Washington Twp. was left out of that batch as they already had all the buses they needed. And Oradell wasn't even supposed to get new buses. That way, when the 20000's came out exclusively using the X12 engine (ISX engines were discontinued), the garages were ready to support them. (For the record, 17185 was the first bus built with the X12 for NJT, although the VIN says it has an ISX-12.)

• 2 weeks later...