New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 2:29 PM, Lawrence St said:

Why is NJT not taking back some of the MCI’s from Coach USA and giving it to another private company or garage? There’s close to 30 MCI’s in the overflow lot at Suburban Transit.

I was expecting Coach to resume additional service this week, but nothing. They should absolutely lose their buses

On 9/5/2022 at 11:27 PM, jass said:

I was expecting Coach to resume additional service this week, but nothing. They should absolutely lose their buses

Market Street needs them badly. The MCIs they have, some are hand me downs and most are beat up. I'm sick of riding them Market St trash Nabi Suburbans and transits on the GWB lines, especially route 171

10 hours ago, FlxMtroD said:

Market Street needs them badly. The MCIs they have, some are hand me downs and most are beat up. I'm sick of riding them Market St trash Nabi Suburbans and transits on the GWB lines, especially route 171

I agree....lol..The 171 should be mostly if not all MCIS With a sprinkle of nabi surburbans...

2 hours ago, davemackey said:

Oh, and while I was on hiatus, NJT began operations out of Westwood on the evening pullout on September 2. They have 100 MCI cruisers on their roster, all pulled from Oradell.

Are the Oradell routes split with Westwood?

Edited by DCTransitFilms

On 9/9/2022 at 8:21 PM, go25 said:

The first of the electric bus fleet has been spotted, via Facebook. Livery is green instead of the white with the wave stripes. 

I think that's just a P.R. move by having those buses what looks like it's wrapped in a green leafy scheme. Before you know it, the future orders will be in the original wave. Remember when NJT had the original Hybrid electric MCI D4000s? One was decked in an awesome smoke TRI color scheme. It had to be a demo of a scheme of sorts. Before you know it someone decided to have them in the wave scheme just like the rest of the MCIs. A regular passenger couldn't even tell the difference between a diesel and an electric.