New Jersey Transit/Private Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

The TransitMan

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

I have pics but I cannot post them. It doesn’t look bad however major damage the rear frame of the bus. That bus looks to be a write off. 

22056(Fairview Bus) tracking on the 552, came from Ironbound yesterday evening. 

22053 is a Ironbound now…

That kinda reminds me that I did see a 22000 bus on the 319 a few days ago. Kinda answered my question abt it.

2 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

Well that will means that they gonna find a way to take over the A&C Routes or send those buses to other garages...

They would need too but capacity wise I'm not sure how they'd do it.

6 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Has been there for a little. Ironbound does have three 17000s rn

I’m going to say it once and once only. Those buses are not staying there. Ironbound has the ability to use anyone’s buses because of CMF being right there. That’s how 22056 got sent down here. Ironbound will not use the hybrids for a roadcall; as after 4pm since there are no 20000s or 21000s In the garage during the rush hour. Cmf will let Ironbound use foreign buses(as called in the garages) if they are down buses. Just how 22056 came down and been on the 313/315/316/319/552/553/559 we can use that bus and can keep it until they fix our bus(18102) that broke down. 

Howell will not let Meadowlands fix their buses and meadowlands has a poor maintenance issue. However they will let egg harbor use and fix their buses.

14 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Some Suburban Transit buses are going to NJT. 21272, 21273, 21275, and 21276 have been spotted in NJT colors.

21271 and 21274 are there as well. Buses need Omnibus plates (Suburban uses Apportioned plates) and new inspections. No word on what garage is getting these coaches yet.

2 hours ago, davemackey said:

21271 and 21274 are there as well. Buses need Omnibus plates (Suburban uses Apportioned plates) and new inspections. No word on what garage is getting these coaches yet.

Are they the only units returning right now?

Edited by DCTransitFilms
Grammar fixes

56 minutes ago, davemackey said:

I'm now hearing that NJT is in the process of taking some of Academy's 21000-series buses back as well. Some units have been observed at the Leonardo bus facility stripped of Academy logos.

One of the units returning is 21297 which is a Toms River unit I believe

My guess is that all stainless steel 21000s for private carriers (21243-21245, 21247-21300, 21303-21306) will be returning to NJT. This gives a total of about 60 buses, and combined with the 50 DeCamp 17000s I wouldn't be surprised if the CRT order gets cancelled (although not sure if 21245 and 21248 have been fixed since the fires though).