Out of date bus stop signs

Amtrak7

Are there still a lot of bus stop signs up from before the service cuts? NYCT committed to clearing up everything with DOT this year, I wonder how much they have left.

For one, I saw BxM4C signs at Church St & Chambers St this week.

I thought bus guide-a-ride at CEMUSA Shelter was DOT or MTA's job?

There's even still have BxM4C sign in Lower Manhattan along Church st and 6th Av as well.

X25 bus stop still exist on Chambers St.

They still have M1 South Ferry in upper M1 routes, well as M5 Greenwich Village, and some CEMUSA and regular Bus Shelter still has sign that reads M42/M104 Bus, M15 to City Hall, etc.

I thought bus guide-a-ride at CEMUSA Shelter was DOT or MTA's job?

It's both their jobs. MTA is responsible for the maps and schedules and DOT is responsible for putting them up. But I wasn't talking about that. I was referring to the signs with the bus numbers on the inside of the shelters.

By the way, I saw your name on the attendance sheet of the SBS Open House but I didn't know if you had left or not by then.

It's both their jobs. MTA is responsible for the maps and schedules and DOT is responsible for putting them up. But I wasn't talking about that. I was referring to the signs with the bus numbers on the inside of the shelters.

By the way, I saw your name on the attendance sheet of the SBS Open House but I didn't know if you had left or not by then.

That's what I meant.

Inside CEMUSA Bus Shelter, they still shows that pre service cut schedule.

Speaking of bus stop, who is response for updating Long Island Bus Stops in Long Island and Bee-Line bus stops in Westchester County?

I wouldn't, you really wanna go up there with a ladder in the middle of the night? Plus you're right next to wear the 31 stops! Somebody did that to the sign for the M1/M2/M3/M8 at Astor Place, just for kicks, but it can't be an easy thing, nor a subtle trick.

I would probably give it a go and see what happens. I'm not worried so much about the M31 showing up (because service for that route stops around 1:30a.m.) I'm worried about an M86 showing up. Is there a way to buy the sign the sign somehow? If there isn't I'll take matters into my own hands.

I would probably give it a go and see what happens. I'm not worried so much about the M31 showing up (because service for that route stops around 1:30a.m.) I'm worried about an M86 showing up. Is there a way to buy the sign the sign somehow? If there isn't I'll take matters into my own hands.

If you even attempt to steal my X90 sign you'll be swimming with the fishes. B) But really, stealing something off a bus sign on the Upper East Side is a stupid idea. People are out on the streets and they will call the cops on you if they see someone on a ladder using whatever tools are needed to get it down, and considering what I've seen cops do to bums who dare attempt to sleep on the sidewalk, you'd have to go down to the station and get processed at the bare minimum if you get caught.

@FamousNYLover, where is there an X25 bus stop sign along Chambers Street? I walk the entire length of that street every day and I've never seen it after it was cut.

If you even attempt to steal my X90 sign you'll be swimming with the fishes. B) But really, stealing something off a bus sign on the Upper East Side is a stupid idea. People are out on the streets and they will call the cops on you if they see someone on a ladder using whatever tools are needed to get it down, and considering what I've seen cops do to bums who dare attempt to sleep on the sidewalk, you'd have to go down to the station and get processed at the bare minimum if you get caught.

@FamousNYLover, where is there an X25 bus stop sign along Chambers Street? I walk the entire length of that street every day and I've never seen it after it was cut.

Sorry, I meant Worth St.

Props for the Godfather reference, you're right though, there's no way you're gonna get 89th that empty any time of the day. Semi-questionable legality forgotten, you just can't do that.

I'd write to the DOT/MTA, you'll look like a freak but that's what we have NYCTF for!

Can you give me an e-mail so I can buy the sign legally? And I live near 89th and it becomes and ghost town past 9:00 pm so don't say that it is definitive that I would be caught. Furthermore do you think I would actually take a ladder up there and steal the sign. The reason that I was thinking about taking it is because the scaffold that is right next to the sign is taking a pretty big toll on the foundation of the sign.

Again I'm aware of that fact. Do you actually think I would go up there with a white ladder and try to take a sign that belongs to the MTA, even though it is out of date and they are probably not going to do anything with it. I use sarcasm a lot to expose just how silly some rules can be. I admit that I thought about taking it, but being the type of law abiding citizen that I am I would not actually go though with it. I used this forum to express my wishes and wish is to posses that sign so if you can help me attain that sign, I will be grateful.

Dunno, sounded like you were serious! :P

Try asset.recovery@nyct.com, worth a shot!

I would not do that I'm not that type of person. On top of that I want a career with the MTA (train operator) and if I were to actually do that I could kiss that career good-bye. I just wish the MTA sold the signs from discontinued routes. Oh well. Isn't this e-mail address only for property that you posses?

Archived