Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I heard the next school car class will be on Jan 13 this Mon. Has anyone heard when the next class will be in Feb??
i begin my journey this monday for conductor, at the time of my hire the interviewer told me that so far the had no plans for a new class , that was on december 26th i dont know if that changed ...

i begin my journey this monday for conductor, at the time of my hire the interviewer told me that so far the had no plans for a new class , that was on december 26th i dont know if that changed ...I am reffering to the T.O. list not conductor.

i think school car is mixed with T.O's and C.R's at the beginning , then they separated them .....

Hi everyone my list #is in 2900's I was called down months ago to verify my veterans status, when do you guys think I will be called down? Does any one have the number to call to see where list # is at?

Edited by ceerock

Hi everyone my list #is in 2900's I was called down months ago to verify my veterans status, when do you guys think I will be called down? Does any one have the number to call to see where list # is at?

You will probably be called by this summer. They are already in the 2100's with the drug test according to this forum. Here is the automated system #1-212-669-1357. Last person appointed # 1,614.

Thx Yoshi. Happy New Years to everyone!! Question I have been filling out 21 page booklet and in the employment section I find have run out of space. In the instruction part of the booklet it states to ask for more pages. For those who are interested, each page is to be used for each job or period of unemployment/self employment that you have to account for beginning with the most recent job you have held going all the way back to high school. So my question is has any one else gone back down to 180 Livingston for these extra pages or have you just used extra pieces of paper and that was good enough. Thx in advance

I didn't go back for extra pages. I simply photocopied a blank from the booklet and used that. Worked just fine.

i begin my journey this monday for conductor, at the time of my hire the interviewer told me that so far the had no plans for a new class , that was on december 26th i dont know if that changed ...

There is no sign of the hiring slowing down. Started a class of T/Os and C/Rs on December 16th, and another next week. It's been nearly one class a month now, for about a year.

i think school car is mixed with T.O's and C.R's at the beginning , then they separated them .....

Correct. For roughly the first week, it is a mixed induction of T/Os and C/Rs from both subdivisons (A and B). Usually the first 2-3 days are held at 130 Livingston Street in downtown Brooklyn. The next 3-5 days are at The Learning Center, P.S. 248, in the Gravesend section of Brooklyn. Following this first week/week and a half, you will begin actual "schoolcar" with your class (8-10 people with same title/subdivision) and your instructors (2 Train Service Supervisors).

From beginning to end, the training period for T/Os is:

Approximately 7 months for Subdivision A (including a 3-month stint doing yard or station switching.)

Approximately 8.5-9 months for Subdivision B. [The "B", which comprises the former BMT and IND systems, is a larger territory with more routes, and more classes of rolling stock, than the "A".]

For C/Rs, the training period has been roughly 6-8 weeks.

Hi everyone my list #is in 2900's I was called down months ago to verify my veterans status, when do you guys think I will be called down? Does any one have the number to call to see where list # is at?You will probably be called by this summer. They are already in the 2100's with the drug test according to this forum. Here is the automated system #1-212-669-1357. Last person appointed # 1,614.

it can be 1614, I'm in the #1750's and i begin school car the 13th...

Hey CeeRock. I got called to verify my status back in June of last year '13. The list was at around 1000's give or take a hundred I am 2100's. I say the list moves about a 80-100 a month. If you call dcas it will tell you the last hired is 1614 as of this morning but the automated line is usually behind. I think I just read that someone is starting this month and they are in the 1700's. That should give you an idea of how long it will be b4 u get a call. You have to get a letter first to take a drug test. But read up and keep coming back here. There is a lot of good info from people that have gone through the process and going through it. Peace

I didn't go back for extra pages. I simply photocopied a blank from the booklet and used that. Worked just fine.

Thx Brian. It will save me a trip. I didn't think it would be a problem photocopying. How are things with you?

Edited by Axelt78

Quick question. I am in my early 40's. And needles to say I have had quite a number of jobs between High School and now. Anybody in a similar situation. If yes, did you go all the way back to high school? I graduated in early 90's I have had about 20 "jobs" and about 4 periods of unemployment between then and now. I have my s.s. Employment history for the last 10 years. The booklet they send you b4 drug test requires only 10 yrs. the 20 page booklet they send you home with after drug test says all the way back to high school. Just wondering if I'm gonna have to go back to s.s. Office and get a history all the way back to high school. Thanks in advance

Quick question. I am in my early 40's. And needles to say I have had quite a number of jobs between High School and now. Anybody in a similar situation. If yes, did you go all the way back to high school? I graduated in early 90's I have had about 20 "jobs" and about 4 periods of unemployment between then and now. I have my s.s. Employment history for the last 10 years. The booklet they send you b4 drug test requires only 10 yrs. the 20 page booklet they send you home with after drug test says all the way back to high school. Just wondering if I'm gonna have to go back to s.s. Office and get a history all the way back to high school. Thanks in advance

I can tell you this much, I had a gap between the time I went to high school and the time I entered college. My interviewer wanted to know how was I supporting myself in between that gap and other periods of unemployment. So all indication points that yes, you have to go all the way back to high school. A lot of people have suggested to not put any jobs off the books and you must state how or whom supported you during your time of unemployment. It can get a bit confusing filling out that booklet when you had a lot jobs, but you can do it.

Hello all and congrats to those who have been called. From reading previous posts it seems as though 2100s are being called down for a drug test. Should I be worried if my list number is 215* and I have not reeceived any notices? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Lauren.  I would give a call down to 180 Livingston to make sure they have your correct address.  I am List # 2100's and I had mine dated Nov 12.  As I stated in a previous post, I did not receive it until late Dec. due to a change in address mix up.  So if I were you I would make sure you haven't overlooked your letter in the mail. I wouldn't panic I would just call to verify. They are really good at accommodating persons who  miss their letters for what ever reason or another.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Just curious, does the MTA give a psychological?

No they don't. I believe their MABSTOA(buses in Manhattan and the Bronx) division gives a, what they refer to as, a Boss test which I think is sort of like a psych test. They really should start requiring one though. You should meet some of the nuts they allow to operate trains down here.

Edited by Neimas

No they don't. I believe their MABSTOA(buses in Manhattan and the Bronx) division gives a, what they refer to as, a Boss test which I think is sort of like a psych test. They really should start requiring one though. You should meet some of the nuts they allow to operate trains down here.

????

I know. Hahahaahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I telephoned Ms. Shivers yesterday 1/13, Monday. She said that the last hired is in the 1800's and the drug test are in the 2100's. I asked her when does she think the will get to the 2200,s for drug test and she said probably in March. My list # is in the early 22XX.

You need to be a little insane to operate trains i think. I wonder how many of them was foamers?

Then again going by what I see some people shouldn't be near a train cab anyway ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by RTOMan

Hey guys!!! My list #2000. I got called up for the drug test on 11/21/13. Filled out the application. It's been nearly 9 weeks now and no call!!! What' wrong? I' am still waiting for medical... Does it normally take this long? Does it happen because of holidays? Does someone have the same situation? Thanks in advance!!!

They probably don't have a class scheduled at the moment or there might have been one and it became full or was pushed back. Either way they are waiting for new classes to be scheduled and once that's a go then you will be called in to finish processing. Just give HR a call if you haven't already to see where they/ you are In the process

Hi guys...I took D/T on 11/18, and called back for medical on 1/27...wish me luck! List # 19xx, Good luck everybody!

Good luck! Are you closer to 1900 or 2000 if you don't mind me asking? My list number range is 2000-2020. I'm just trying to gauge when I should expect that call.

Edited by BkBound