Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I get the option to pick I'm picking A div. that's my home turf. Do U get a choice Bh ? How does that work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Mard @Allday Yea guys you CAN pick. In our class Me @Depmaze @Lauren got what was left over. Hence the A division. @923 @Axelt got to choose. They were higher in seniority (list number). So if you guys are high in numbers then you get the pick of the litter. But hey.... I wanted the B, but you ALWAYS get what you want. I'm just gonna run through the A til I can pick in the B. Thank God my dream came true!!!!!

I want A div. it seems like nobody picks A div. so I'm good!! And if I get a choice I'm picking A anyway. So it's all goodSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@romeo 1162 would have been called already. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want A div. it seems like nobody picks A div. so I'm good!! And if I get a choice I'm picking A anyway. So it's all good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk@romeo 1162 would have been called already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people pick be, depending on where they live!!!

Dang! I have to wait until Sept to feel all of this joy going around the forum.
Your time is coming all day!!! Just be ready when it does come!!!
BH what's the schedule like so far? Days off? Start/finish time?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well for school car it is 7:30 3:30 then they may tell us come in from 8-4. After that first day. Weekends off

Is it true that upon acceptance of the position I HAVE to move to NY? I'm currently in NJ.

No, you do not have to move.

However, living in NJ is no excuse to be late for work, regardless of what hours of work and work location you are given. So "my NJ Transit Train isn't running" won't get you out of working nights, if that is what you have to work.

That said, many employees have come from NJ, PA, CT, way upstate, etc. and made long successful careers here while continuing to live in those locations.

Even Delaware....I just can't understand that one but it's done all the time. I guess personally I look at all that travel as a second job.

@RTOPRO Yeah, I never understood it either. That far away commuting stuff is for the birds!!! No offense to anyone. I just couldn't do it. But the upside is a better quality of life.

No offense taken. It takes me about 35 minutes to get into Brooklyn.
Oh that's nothing... I'm talking about those hour+ commutes 2 hours, and stuff like that. My friend commutes from Easton PA. Yo the Bronx. He's been doing that for at LEAST 9 years. To this day I don't know how he does it. Not me!!! I'm good!
Oh that's nothing... I'm talking about those hour+ commutes 2 hours, and stuff like that. My friend commutes from Easton PA. Yo the Bronx. He's been doing that for at LEAST 9 years. To this day I don't know how he does it. Not me!!! I'm good!
To the Bronx*

@Mard @Allday Yea guys you CAN pick. In our class Me @Depmaze @Lauren got what was left over. Hence the A division. @923 @Axelt got to choose. They were higher in seniority (list number). So if you guys are high in numbers then you get the pick of the litter. But hey.... I wanted the B, but you ALWAYS get what you want. I'm just gonna run through the A til I can pick in the B. Thank God my dream came true!!!!!

yeah i got put on A, Also they breezed thru where the checks are going. i told him i was coming from long island and he said something about near jamaica, wasn't paying attention as i was in a daze from the thought of going all the way to the bronx every day :( anyone know if there's a list of the offices somewhere

yeah i got put on A, Also they breezed thru where the checks are going. i told him i was coming from long island and he said something about near jamaica, wasn't paying attention as i was in a daze from the thought of going all the way to the bronx every day :( anyone know if there's a list of the offices somewhere

Oh shit!!! I didn't know you were one of us that got thrown in the A. That's why you had that look on your face when I was standing up waiting to get fitted. Oh yeah people.... The uniform company came to measure us today as well. I forgot to mention that because the division picks took precedent over the uniform fitting process. No boots yet though.

Well not to bust anybody's bubble but not getting what you want when you first start is the norm down here, School car is easy because you know ahead of time where you have to report, wait  until to you finish training and come out to the road and become extra extra and they have you going all over the place from day to day with different reporting times and also your tour of duty and days off are subject to change on a weekly basis.   Enjoy school car while you can  and  also get to know your classmates as they will be your support through out those early years believe me you will need all the support you can get.