Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also finished my initial appointment and drug test. Just a waiting game now. 2-90 day wait for a call for the medical. They say that the July 27th Class is supposed to be huge but there's also another class August 24th.

I was advised by one of the HR staff members, to bring back all my paper work when I get called back for final processing, birth certificate etc. Just in case they misplace anything. 

Just a heads up. :)

Makes sense. The last thing you want (next to being disqualified) is to be kicked back another class or two as they sort through your paperwork and you have to reschedule appointments with HR. Also, don't forget to make copies of the initial and final job application for your own file. That way you can quickly replicate it if they lose it, and you'll know exactly what's what if they question you about any of the details.

Congrats, Eric. Roughly where is your list range? And how much notice did they give you to report? 2 days? A week?

They left me voice messages on both numbers I had listed this morning, and I go in on Friday. My list is in the upper 3600 range.

Thank you tprashad0719, your time will come.

They left me voice messages on both numbers I had listed this morning, and I go in on Friday. My list is in the upper 3600 range.

Thank you tprashad0719, your time will come.

Erik, Did you go down on Monday June 29th for the prelim and they called you back?

Thanks for the info

Brakeman, TA is A division. TB is B division. I'm not going to out the class that caused it but it was an A division class & it was because they were hitting home signals & splitting switches in the yard during YX. I'm on the road now & already OPTO qualified & i feel that the 2 tests are unfair but if it's needed to avoid simple incidents like that, so be it. Since finishing school car & being out on my own, I've always had a new found respect for what the senior guys have done over the years, and as a train operator on my own, you truly understand the meaning when someone says to you, "have a safe trip "

Edited by WestEndMan

I'm officially in! I was sworn in today, and start on the 27th.

For those of you who went in for the pre-interview, and are waiting on the call, you will get one, don't worry. You ust have to wait out the 2-90 days like the rest of us. 

There were people there today, who were there for the TO pre-interview as well. The call is coming!

I'm officially in! I was sworn in today, and start on the 27th.

For those of you who went in for the pre-interview, and are waiting on the call, you will get one, don't worry. You ust have to wait out the 2-90 days like the rest of us. 

There were people there today, who were there for the TO pre-interview as well. The call is coming!

I just got a call. I report on Tuesday AM...Yippie !!