Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello guys,

Sorry for lack everything has been moving really fast this first week with orientation and the first day of school car. I'm just trying my best to focus and take everything in. For those interested I haven't heard nothing of future classes unfortunately on my end. If that changes I'll be sure to pass that information along. Stay well all and I'll will periodically respond when I have the time to do so.

*Lack of updates

Hello guys,

Sorry for lack everything has been moving really fast this first week with orientation and the first day of school car. I'm just trying my best to focus and take everything in. For those interested I haven't heard nothing of future classes unfortunately on my end. If that changes I'll be sure to pass that information along. Stay well all and I'll will periodically respond when I have the time to do so. *Lack of updates

Congratulations Loydmike! A word of advice, put all of your focus on studying! You have a lot of material to digest and memorize. Some of which you must get 100% correct.

You can update us when you are posting.

Hello guys,

Sorry for lack everything has been moving really fast this first week with orientation and the first day of school car. I'm just trying my best to focus and take everything in. For those interested I haven't heard nothing of future classes unfortunately on my end. If that changes I'll be sure to pass that information along. Stay well all and I'll will periodically respond when I have the time to do so.

*Lack of updates

Sounds good. Best wishes to you!

Edited by ErikNYC

Well being a Train Operator is a lot harder than the Civil Service test announcement implies! Learning the signals are hard because you have

to give the exact definitions and procedures in order to past the signal test. If you pass it the first time you have to pass it a 

second time also!. You have to learn how the trains work from a technical point of view. When working in the yard you have to learn how to 

thoroughly inspect the entire train inside and out, including underneath the train. If you miss any defects you will be blamed for them.

Yesterday we got to operate on the road from New Lots Ave in Bklyn. to 145st in Manhattan, and that was great. Be prepared to have a lot

of info thrown at you all at once, and not a lot a lot of time to learn it! Hate walking over all of those 3rd. rails in the yard, but I'm getting used

to it!. So far I'm enjoying it, especially the pay!! Can't wait until School Car is over!

Well being a Train Operator is a lot harder than the Civil Service test announcement implies! Learning the signals are hard because you have

to give the exact definitions and procedures in order to past the signal test. If you pass it the first time you have to pass it a 

second time also!. You have to learn how the trains work from a technical point of view. When working in the yard you have to learn how to 

thoroughly inspect the entire train inside and out, including underneath the train. If you miss any defects you will be blamed for them.

Yesterday we got to operate on the road from New Lots Ave in Bklyn. to 145st in Manhattan, and that was great. Be prepared to have a lot

of info thrown at you all at once, and not a lot a lot of time to learn it! Hate walking over all of those 3rd. rails in the yard, but I'm getting used

to it!. So far I'm enjoying it, especially the pay!! Can't wait until School Car is over!

Thanks for the update. Now go study!!! :)

Edited by ErikNYC